ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 269 of 335
« First < 169219259265266267268269 270271272273279319 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:50 PM 06-27-2016
How do you make a meme and not double check the spelling and grammar? One of my biggest pet peeves.
[Reply]
unlurking 01:56 PM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
How do you make a meme and not double check the spelling and grammar? One of my biggest pet peeves.
This. Go to the effort of using title caps, but not grammar? Shitty work.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:57 PM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

People are stupid. Ashton Kutcher thinks the plural of "journalist" is "journalist."

[Reply]
MagicHef 02:08 PM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by Smellway:
He was already born before Ned walked in, right? So he wasn't born under that bleeding star.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:09 PM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Didn't Sam tell Jon in S4 that Bran was alive but that he couldn't prevent him from going North of the wall? If so Jon may think he's a goner.
You're right. Even if he didn't think he was a goner, the news of Bran possibly surviving wouldn't actually be news, so he has no reason to bring it up now.
[Reply]
RustShack 02:11 PM 06-27-2016
Jon Snow told Sansa she was the head of the house when he offered her the Lords chambers. But I mean, who do you rally behind? Sansa? Or the former Lord Commander who led the attack to take back Winterfell and is widely regarded as a Stark by all those northerners who "know" his father is Ned Stark, and he was raised with the Stark children. Sometimes you can just tell when somebody has "it", and that's why he became Lord Commander and then King of the North.
[Reply]
RustShack 02:12 PM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
He was already born before Ned walked in, right? So he wasn't born under that bleeding star.
You're being too technical.
[Reply]
underEJ 02:28 PM 06-27-2016
Wow. I hadn't gone over to asoiaf.westeros.org for years, but someone sent me a link to a thread so I've been catching up a bit with the serious book folks. I had no idea there was such a hatred of the show. When it started, I figured some readers might dismiss it fairly soon if it didn't match their vision, but seriously, they are downright ridiculous. Pure seething hatred of the show runners as if they were actually trying to ruin GRRM and his legacy.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:40 PM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Am I wrong or wasn't Dawn wielded by Ser Arthur Dayne in combat at the battle outside? If the baby was born under his protection and the great sword was made from a meteorite then Jon Snow was born under a bleeding star.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:44 PM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Am I wrong or wasn't Dawn wielded by Ser Arthur Dayne in combat at the battle outside? If the baby was born under his protection and the great sword was made from a meteorite then Jon Snow was born under a bleeding star.
BOOM

Not sure about the smoke and salt part though.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:44 PM 06-27-2016
Also, say Dany shows up with King's Landing as her goal. It becomes known that Dany is Snow's aunt. It would take a very liberal interpretation of "prince", but Dany as Queen with Snow as Warden of the North would make sense.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:47 PM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by Smellway:
BOOM

Not sure about the smoke and salt part though.
Could be a reference to Cersei burning up King's Landing and the Ironborn joining the cause.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:00 PM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
No one mention of LF saying "Southern Born Bastard?"
That was never in doubt. Even the 'Ned's son' narrative has him being 'southron born' in Northern parlance.

I was always of the mind that anything that happened south of the neck was considered southern for the North.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:03 PM 06-27-2016
One thought: Jon Snow can be considered to have been born twice. His resurrection can be seen as the birth of Jon Targaryen, so important events happening around the time of his rez may count as him being born "in the middle of" of them. Or amidst.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:19 PM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Yeah, I guess so. The whole Azor Ahai thing confuses me. Why do the people in Asshai care so much about a hero that will defeat monsters that don't exist in Asshai?
[Reply]
Page 269 of 335
« First < 169219259265266267268269 270271272273279319 > Last »
Up