View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 269 of 343
« First < 169219259265266267268269 270271272273279319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:54 AM 12-07-2022
How many times do you have to see someone put the gat to Brown before you realize that even if you can't get an equivalent LT from Day 1, the 20+ million you save allows them to get much more creative with the DL and secondary?
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
How many times do you have to see someone put the gat to Brown before you realize that even if you can't get an equivalent LT from Day 1, the 20+ million you save allows them to get much more creative with the DL and secondary?
With how they've talked about the LT spot and the history ANdy has there, added to having Mahomes at QB, I just don't know that they'll go late round draft pick or whatever there though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 AM 12-07-2022
absolutely no reason geron christian shouldn't be starting this week
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:03 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
With how they've talked about the LT spot and the history ANdy has there, added to having Mahomes at QB, I just don't know that they'll go late round draft pick or whatever there though.
They're going to have to get creative.

There's not a scenario now where signing Brown long term is palatable. He HAS to be gone at this point.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:04 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

There's not a scenario now where signing Brown long term is palatable. He HAS to be gone at this point.
shame on andy and co if they run him out there for the playoffs
[Reply]
RunKC 09:05 AM 12-07-2022
I think this is the crux of the matter. The Chiefs are projected to have over $40 million with the cap rise before any move last are made.

It’s a hard move for a GM to do but I think you’ve got to let Orlando go and pay for a DE and RT.

Conklin, McGary or even Reid would be much better than Wylie’s RT. Get someone like Ngakoue who is a 10+ sack player with speed and won’t break the bank.

Unfortunately we will need to use draft capitol to move up for a LT.
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 12-07-2022

Yeah, I think so.

I don't see any scenario where you bring him back. Unless he's got some injury or something but even then, just not smart.

I don't know what they do. Trade up for someone or trade for someone I suppose is about the only route.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:10 AM 12-07-2022
I'll say this:

Veach isn't afraid to go all-in. We already saw him overhaul the entire line in one offseason. I'm sure he will come up with a plan...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:18 AM 12-07-2022
I'll say this:

Veach isn't afraid to go all-in. We already saw him overhaul the entire line in one offseason. I'm sure he will come up with a plan...

A plan that involves signing Conklin to a top of market RT deal, or Elgton Jenkins, paired with signing Andre Dillae to a short, friendly, prove-it deal seems like the route to go to me. And then you invest in the draft in someone to push Dillard and be the long-term starter…

That seems like the optimal route to me.

And one that could be accomplished with the same AAV as Brown would cost by himself.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:25 AM 12-07-2022
People are talking about the LT position like it's impossible to find decent ones. It's really not. It's difficult to find elite ones for sure, but clearly Brown is not that and never will be. He's not even adequate, he's downright awful, especially in this offense. So you're not losing a damn thing letting him go, because any slightly above average tackle is going to be better.

Hell, you can go sign a guy like Kelvin Beachum from Arizona who has a 71.4 PFF rating (I know, screw PFF but you get the point) for probably $8-10 million on a 2 year deal and draft someone to groom. He plays with a similar style QB in Murray so he and Mahomes should gel quickly. It's not really a doomsday scenario, especially since basically anything will be an upgrade. Not to mention there will surely be other veterans released as well.

The guy can't play here, end of story. Signing him would be a catastrophic mistake. I just hope to God we can get through the year without Mahomes getting killed, and these guys better damn well figure something out this time around, and that goes for RT too. This whole deal of expecting Pat to be a wizard every game has got to end, because he's eventually going to get sick of it and/or get hurt.
[Reply]
Toad 09:30 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think this is the crux of the matter. The Chiefs are projected to have over $40 million with the cap rise before any move last are made.

It’s a hard move for a GM to do but I think you’ve got to let Orlando go and pay for a DE and RT.

Conklin, McGary or even Reid would be much better than Wylie’s RT. Get someone like Ngakoue who is a 10+ sack player with speed and won’t break the bank.

Unfortunately we will need to use draft capitol to move up for a LT.
Those are viable solutions and Ngakoue would be a decent fit.
Personally, I don’t have a huge amount of confidence in the team’s ability to draft and develop on the DL at this point. Hope to be proved wrong.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:30 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
People are talking about the LT position like it's impossible to find decent ones. It's really not. It's difficult to find elite ones for sure, but clearly Brown is not that and never will be. He's not even adequate, he's downright awful, especially in this offense. So you're not losing a damn thing letting him go, because any slightly above average tackle is going to be better.

Hell, you can go sign a guy like Kelvin Beachum from Arizona who has a 71.4 PFF rating (I know, screw PFF but you get the point) for probably $8-10 million on a 2 year deal and draft someone to groom. He plays with a similar style QB in Murray so he and Mahomes should gel quickly. It's not really a doomsday scenario, especially since basically anything will be an upgrade. Not to mention there will surely be other veterans released as well.

The guy can't play here, end of story. Signing him would be a catastrophic mistake. I just hope to God we can get through the year without Mahomes getting killed, and these guys better damn well figure something out this time around, and that goes for RT too. This whole deal of expecting Pat to be a wizard every game has got to end, because he's eventually going to get sick of it and/or get hurt.
This is the root of the problem. Besides contributing to losses, an inadequate LT is 100% going to get Mahomes hurt. It's only a matter of time. I know squat about college prospects in the upcoming draft, but I'd fully support moving up in the 1st for a LT if Veach thinks he's worth it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:33 AM 12-07-2022
I'd go with Mecks guy Nijman. I don't think the Packers can keep him around financially.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:37 AM 12-07-2022
I'd go with Mecks guy Nijman. I don't think the Packers can keep him around financially.
Based on their history I'm betting they only give him a 2nd round tender, and if they do that you absolutely go sign him.

Zach Tom played well at LT last week for them so they have plenty of options.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:42 AM 12-07-2022
Nijman is an RFA. They can resign him on the cheap for one year. Bakhtiari has had horrible issues staying healthy while being 31 and only has 2 years left on his deal. Not sure why if Nijman is any good, not sure he is as their OL has not been all that, that the Packers would let him get away when they could sign him to a tender offer that would keep him around for one more, and then they could dump Bakhtiari and save $21M on the cap.
[Reply]
Page 269 of 343
« First < 169219259265266267268269 270271272273279319 > Last »
Up