ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 268 of 313
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
Jamie 12:52 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Unfortunately, I think Wylie gets in over PTW due to his ability to play inside, but I don’t think that’s the best move.
If you count LDT and Long we're going to have four solid backups who can play inside. Wylie's versatility doesn't hurt, but I think he's going to have to beat out PTW as a tackle to make it.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:08 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Yes, that's where he transferred and got his touches. Alabama was loaded. Still had the talent to wear the jersey. That means something to me. I hope he makes the roster... somehow.
We need to keep Gore and PTW. There's just something about some players that gives you hope about their football future.

Ceh
Williams
Gore

Unless you want to keep McKinnon over Williams. I prefer William's power. Not sure why we have a fullback, we barely used Sherman.

PTW seems to be unlimited physically. We seem to be getting bigger along the Oline, which i prefer. I watched Brown pass his man off to thuney and smoothly grab the guy on the stunt. My weiner got hard.

Fuck Wylie
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:12 AM 08-24-2021
I think they keep 10 OL.
[Reply]
oldman 08:05 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
If you count LDT and Long we're going to have four solid backups who can play inside. Wylie's versatility doesn't hurt, but I think he's going to have to beat out PTW as a tackle to make it.
Long isn't coming back, that tank is reading E. I don't think we've kept Wylie around for his play at G, we've counted on him as an emergency T. I've seen quite enough of that "play". Allegretti can play C/G and LDT can play G. Tega looked pretty good at T last game. True enough it was against the Cards scrubs, but that's where Wylie got his reps as well.
[Reply]
O.city 08:08 AM 08-24-2021
Williams looks slow to me this preseason. I like Gore.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:12 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
No no no!
[Reply]
Hoover 08:20 AM 08-24-2021
Yeah at this point it's difficult to count on Long for anything. I mean sure put him on the PUP and if we need him later in the year then fine, but I don't think you can go into the season counting him as any kind of depth at G or RT.

Sadly, he's nothing more than hype at this point.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:30 AM 08-24-2021
They are not cutting Williams, they trust him in pass protection... Blythe, before the hernia, was playing really well and will probably make the team, hopefully we can trade LDT, if he is open to it, even then Wylie is probably gone.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:32 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's always been slow changing direction though.

He will be really good behind a line that can power block.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:36 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
You could subtract a lock from your list of 39 if you put LDT on IR. Your 10 probables, minus Burton would make that 48, so we're at 5 spots. I'd keep Allegretti over Blythe and Tega over Wylie. We're still at 48 now. We're thin at LB so Cobb makes 49 and I like Ward for 50. For 51-53, I'll go Keyes, Key, and Fountain. Fountain and perhaps Key will probably be cut for pickups or when LDT returns.

There was an earlier discussion about Winchester being a wasted spot. I'd disagree, the LS is someone you want to count on just as much as your punter. The Chiefs have had a designated LS since 2000 and I'd guess that's pretty standard throughout the league.
No serious person thinks a quality LS isn’t valuable.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:10 AM 08-24-2021
With Long on PUP you can keep 9 OL and carry the extra RB while they get healthy.

I also want to see Gore make this team, as I think he’s at least as good as Williams and younger/cheaper.

Also give me Fountain over Kemp and Fortson over Bell.

I want Tim ward to make it, because it was really nice seeing a huge dude in #92 actually produce. Like if Kpass was actually talented.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:34 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
With Long on PUP you can keep 9 OL and carry the extra RB while they get healthy.

I also want to see Gore make this team, as I think he’s at least as good as Williams and younger/cheaper.

Also give me Fountain over Kemp and Fortson over Bell.

I want Tim ward to make it, because it was really nice seeing a huge dude in #92 actually produce. Like if Kpass was actually talented.
Gore is literally the same age as Darrel the Barrel
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:02 AM 08-24-2021
The more I think about it, the more realistic a undefeated season is. A undefeated season must mean we have depth and I just think about it Mahomes we’re to miss any number of games I feel 100% capable that Henne can go in there and win against anybody. He proved it in the playoffs.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:04 AM 08-24-2021
My preseason week 2 projected final roster (not assuming waiver/FA signings). I fully expect that 2-3 of these guys on this list will be some combination
of traded or replaced by someone not yet on the roster.

QB: Mahomes, Henne
RB: CEH, Williams, McKinnon, Gore
FB: Burton
TE: Kelce, Bell, Gray, Fortson
T: Brown, Niang, Remmers, Wylie
C/G: Humphrey, Blythe, Thuney, Smith, Allegretti,
WR: Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Robinson, Kemp, Fountain

DE: Jones, Okafor, Kaindoh, Clark, Danna, Ward
DT: Reed, Wharton, Nnadi, Saunders
LB: Hitchens, Gay, Bolton, Neiman, DoD
CB: Ward, Sneed, Hughes, Fenton, Baker
S:Mathieu, Sorenson, Thornhill, Watts

Offense: 26
Defense: 24

The players i considered for the final roster spot: Bell, LDT, Key.

I went with Bell ultimately because he's a special teamer who has a couple of years in the offense. I understand that cutting LDT doesn't make salary
cap sense, but i think the Chiefs care more about the best roster than what makes salary cap sense. LDT missed a year of football and was running with the 3rd team, mostly, before getting hurt.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:06 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
My preseason week 2 projected final roster (not assuming waiver/FA signings). I fully expect that 2-3 of these guys on this list will be some combination
of traded or replaced by someone not yet on the roster.

QB: Mahomes, Henne
RB: CEH, Williams, McKinnon, Gore
FB: Burton
TE: Kelce, Bell, Gray, Fortson
T: Brown, Niang, Remmers, Wylie
C/G: Humphrey, Blythe, Thuney, Smith, Allegretti,
WR: Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Robinson, Kemp, Fountain

DE: Jones, Okafor, Kaindoh, Clark, Danna, Ward
DT: Reed, Wharton, Nnadi, Saunders
LB: Hitchens, Gay, Bolton, Neiman, DoD
CB: Ward, Sneed, Hughes, Fenton, Baker
S:Mathieu, Sorenson, Thornhill, Watts

Offense: 26
Defense: 24

The players i considered for the final roster spot: Bell, LDT, Key.

I went with Bell ultimately because he's a special teamer who has a couple of years in the offense. I understand that cutting LDT doesn't make salary
cap sense, but i think the Chiefs care more about the best roster than what makes salary cap sense. LDT missed a year of football and was running with the 3rd team, mostly, before getting hurt.
Blythe just had hernia surgery so he may be on the PUP
[Reply]
Page 268 of 313
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278 > Last »
Up