ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 268 of 352
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278318 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:13 PM 04-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Shit, that's concerning.

Ok, now I'm scared.
If we lose then we won't come out on top.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:14 PM 04-02-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
For the second time in the Self era, KU will play Villanova in the NCAA Tournament F4. It didn't end well the first time in 2018 as Villanova's athletes and five out/NBA style exploited a more traditional KU roster construction with center Udoka Azubuike struggling to cover the perimeter. Unfortunately for us, Villanova problematically plays the same five out/NBA style of basketball against a similarly structured KU roster centered around McCormack at the 5. As you'll recognize below, this has the potential to be an absolute matchup nightmare once again.

Villanova is one of the best offensive teams in the country and quite possibly the best offensive team KU has played all season (9th in adjusted offensive efficiency). Their efficiency is largely a product of their shot profile (they shoot threes on 46.1% of their field goal attempts, 20th in the NCAA), not turning the ball over (29th in turnover rate), and the highest team FT% in NCAA history (83%). They are likely the most analytically inclined program in the NCAA and like most/all NBA teams these days they look to get layups/get to the line or kick out to 3PT shooters every possession. Under Jay Wright (arguably top 5 coach in all of NCAA/NBA basketball), they are an incredibly disciplined and well coached team who value the ball, space the floor and take high efficiency shots at all times. Regardless of their personnel, with this style, they are incredibly difficult for any team to defend. They also purposely play the game at a snail's pace (345th tempo in the country) to limit their opponents' transition opportunities. As noted previously with Miami, limiting transition is especially important against a team in KU whose major strength is exactly that.

Villanova is also at their best when they are playing five switchable guards/wing types. The loss of Justin Moore makes that a bit more difficult for them, but Moore was Villanova's least efficient offensive player among their top 6 rotation players. No shots for him may simply mean more shots for more efficient players like Collin Gillespie (one of the best players in college basketball who shoots 41% from three) or Caleb Daniels (38% from three). Villanova also plays a 6'8 big (Eric Dixon) for much of the game who is the best shooter on the team (shooting 52% from three). He hasn't taken many of those shots this year (just 33), but without Moore he may be more inclined to take more. This spacing/three point shooting could be a serious issue for KU with McCormack stuck in the paint on defense. Will Self have to adjust and play Wilson at the 5 to address this during certain portions of the game? He may have to.

In addition to their effective offense, Villanova is also one of the best defensive teams in the country (17th in adjusted defensive efficiency) due to their ability to switch at all five positions. They have no major shot blocker, but they are so cohesive at that end and all five of their players are so adept at guarding one-on-one that they significantly limit any good shot opportunities. And as mentioned, their tempo is so slow that they allow almost no easy transition baskets.

Overall, Villanova is just a very solid, efficient, smart basketball team that poses matchup issues for more traditional lineups. While they may not have quite the talent the 2018 team did, you could not draw up a style more difficult for this particular KU team to deal with. KU will need to play easily their best game of the tournament to win. Better be ready.
Ok I feel better now :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:17 PM 04-02-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Yeah, it’s very unlikely that we’ll go to the National Championship Game if we lose today
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:19 PM 04-02-2022
Who y’all got in the Final Four?

I’m thinking Duke, North Carolina, Villanova, and Kansas
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:22 PM 04-02-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Who y’all got in the Final Four?

I’m thinking Duke, North Carolina, Villanova, and Kansas
Bluebloods bloodletting
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:23 PM 04-02-2022

Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Yeah, it’s very unlikely that we’ll go to the National Championship Game if we lose today

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:27 PM 04-02-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Why are these games on stupid TBS?
TBS is the one that shows the shot clock super imposed on the floor?

I actually really like that.

And I thought in this day and age you could watch the whole tourney free by downloading this or that app.

Or you don't want to mess with the mirror it to your TV BS?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:30 PM 04-02-2022
Bluebloods bloodletting
I think KU should establish draw the line between the Bluebloods and the wannabecomelatelynewbloods...
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:31 PM 04-02-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I think KU should establish draw the line between the Bluebloods and the wannabecomelatelynewbloods...
Most of these programs wouldn't even exist without KU, UNC and Kentucky come to mind. Duke? I mean they have devil right in their name.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:33 PM 04-02-2022

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...rt_historical/
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:35 PM 04-02-2022
Most of these programs wouldn't even exist without KU, UNC and Kentucky come to mind. Duke? I mean they have devil right in their name.
The interesting thing about Duke is they weren't amazing before Coach K, yet Coach K has been around nearly 4 damn decades.... and I saw a comment that Duke had ~1000 wins before him, just didn't have the same tournament success.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:36 PM 04-02-2022
TBS is the one that shows the shot clock super imposed on the floor?

I actually really like that.

And I thought in this day and age you could watch the whole tourney free by downloading this or that app.

Or you don't want to mess with the mirror it to your TV BS?
I was under the impression the app would only be free for so long, given there's a sign-in option with a TV provider... I did not test that theory though.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:38 PM 04-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The interesting thing about Duke is they weren't amazing before Coach K, yet Coach K has been around nearly 4 damn decades.... and I saw a comment that Duke had ~1000 wins before him, just didn't have the same tournament success.
Duke should be thanking this guy for all of their success.

NSFW

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 01:39 PM 04-02-2022
So YoutubeTV is going to give me access?
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:42 PM 04-02-2022
:-)
[Reply]
Page 268 of 352
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278318 > Last »
Up