ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 268 of 3903
« First < 168218258264265266267268 2692702712722783183687681268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:00 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
going to brunch and the grocery store

no ****s given
Took Friday off. Bar bounced starting at 12 and went until 9 PM. Restaurants really appreciate your business.

Went to gym yesterday and did some grocery shopping. That was friggen nuts.

Probably just hang out today I am a little burnt.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:01 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
and isn't she in a damn plane???????
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:03 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
and isn't she in a damn plane???????
Yeah. But that makes it fishy to me. Could be a private plane that only her and that dude fly on. Need more evidence before deciding if this is just kinda a hoax or if this chick is a grade A moran.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:05 AM 03-15-2020
My friend Mr. Doggity's wife used to be the supervising nurse at KU Med's ICU. One of their KU friends sent them this: "I learned yesterday from a KU Med ER nurse, that fakers were coming in to be examined for COVID-19 and literally stole 35,000 surgical masks, while in exam rooms and robbing closets and then literally leaving the facility without being examined and tested. " If this is true, that should involve serious serious jail time if they can catch the perps.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:06 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Minn schools closed Mar 18-27.

But one of those weeks is spring break for a lot of schools.

So our district will have one day of school this week. As of now....
We are down for a month, minimum. Started last week.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:06 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yeah. But that makes it fishy to me. Could be a private plane that only her and that dude fly on. Need more evidence before deciding if this is just kinda a hoax or if this chick is a grade A moran.
would do that even if it had the banner "sanitized for your protection"
[Reply]
SupDock 10:18 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
My friend Mr. Doggity's wife used to be the supervising nurse at KU Med's ICU. One of their KU friends sent them this: "I learned yesterday from a KU Med ER nurse, that fakers were coming in to be examined for COVID-19 and literally stole 35,000 surgical masks, while in exam rooms and robbing closets and then literally leaving the facility without being examined and tested. " If this is true, that should involve serious serious jail time if they can catch the perps.
Cannot speak for KU, but this is happening
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:23 AM 03-15-2020
South of Lawrence and SW of Olathe.

Originally Posted by :
FRANKLIN COUNTY, KS (KCTV) -- Franklin County, Kansas, officials quietly announced on Saturday that there is a presumptive positive case of coronavirus in the county.
https://www.kctv5.com/coronavirus/fr...49647efae.html
[Reply]
wazu 10:29 AM 03-15-2020
There are only 10 serious cases of this disease in the entire United States. It's been this way for awhile, now.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:31 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
There are only 10 serious cases of this disease in the entire United States. It's been this way for awhile, now.
You mean serious cases amongst people with the virus that are still alive I assume?
[Reply]
Bwana 10:32 AM 03-15-2020
Medical facilities all have camera's everywhere. They should be easy to ID. They will also try to sell them. If they monitor all the usual selling places, Facebook, craigslist, EBay etc, it should be pretty easy to find the dregs. It's not like they stole 35K surgical masks for personal use.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:32 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
WTF is wrong with people? Stealing crucial supply's from hospitals?:-)
[Reply]
SupDock 10:34 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
You mean serious cases amongst people with the virus that are still alive I assume?
I'm confused as well, there have been more deaths than that in the last few days.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:34 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I was talking to a lab tech from one of the local hospitals and she was telling me that people were hitting all the restrooms and boosting the TP.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:35 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Good find and point.

No one is going to support some "martial law light" where people are forbidden from leaving their homes like Italy and Spain are implementing. If you don't know you have the coronavirus, Are we going to enforce quarantine? Even if its the best thing for America, I'd be against that. Taking away freedoms in crisis is not a path I'm going to support.

What if your sick but it just a regular seasonal cold/flu? Make them stay home? thats not who we are as a society.

Our best chance to flatten that curve is for 25%-50% of us to voluntarily practice social distancing,
What we are as a society is selfish and stupid... thinking that's not a good excuse.

I think the full lock down only makes sense when hospitals are at 200% capacity and it's obviously not being contained by any stretch, and I assume that's when other countries implemented such extreme measures (I haven't read those details).

Before that, an understanding of how viruses spread and reducing your chances of spreading it (meaning, if you're one of the 60-70% of people who show no symptoms) makes the most sense.

Anyone who doesn't take those precautions when they have a cold or common flu is selfish, 'freedom' or not... especially when most people can't afford getting sick and/or could spread it to their kids, etc.
[Reply]
Page 268 of 3903
« First < 168218258264265266267268 2692702712722783183687681268 > Last »
Up