View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 268 of 343
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278318 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:25 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Blaming a coach who is paid to win games is stupid? This team always makes Mistakes, dumb penalties, can't tackle, poor play calling when the game is on the line--that is on coaching. Andy has been out-coached 3 times in a row now. Andy is predictable, and so is his coaching staff.
what's predictable is the chiefs winning 80% of the time under andy with mahomes
[Reply]
BWillie 10:38 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I can’t imagine a more wretched version of fanship than predicting bad things about your team all the time and then taking a lap if they happen
Well you have to detach yourself from bias. Then you can see the real picture. Doesn't mean I dont want them to win any less
[Reply]
DRM08 10:40 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
what's predictable is the chiefs winning 80% of the time under andy with mahomes
Less than 17% win rate against Cincy & Buffalo in the last 2 years. That’s pretty rough.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:48 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Less than 17% win rate against Cincy & Buffalo in the last 2 years. That’s pretty rough.
why don't you cherry pick the corn nuggets out of my feces?
[Reply]
BossChief 10:48 PM 12-06-2022
Blaming a coach who is paid to win games is stupid? This team always makes Mistakes, dumb penalties, can't tackle, poor play calling when the game is on the line--that is on coaching. Andy has been out-coached 3 times in a row now. Andy is predictable, and so is his coaching staff.
Gimme a break.

Dude, just enjoy these games. We aren’t going to win all of them, but we are winning games at a historic rate. We have the best QB/HC in the league and that combo will go down as one of the best HC/QB combos in NFL history. Enjoy it. This is one of the absolute best young rosters in the entire league and we have a GM that has an incredible eye for talent. Enjoy it.

This is the golden age of Chiefs football and we’re just getting started.

Cincinnati has an incredible collection of talent on their roster and it all starts with a possible HOF quality QB and WR combo (if their careers continue on their current trajectory)

We are going to win half of the games against Cincy and Buffalo in the coming years…those matchups are going to be close games that almost always come down to the wire.

Zoom out and enjoy the fact we have a GM/HC/QB combo that will always have us in the championship picture and ENJOY IT.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:03 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Gimme a break.

Dude, just enjoy these games. We aren’t going to win all of them, but we are winning games at a historic rate. We have the best QB/HC in the league and that combo will go down as one of the best HC/QB combos in NFL history. Enjoy it. This is one of the absolute best young rosters in the entire league and we have a GM that has an incredible eye for talent. Enjoy it.

This is the golden age of Chiefs football and we’re just getting started.

Cincinnati has an incredible collection of talent on their roster and it all starts with a possible HOF quality QB and WR combo (if their careers continue on their current trajectory)

We are going to win half of the games against Cincy and Buffalo in the coming years…those matchups are going to be close games that almost always come down to the wire.

Zoom out and enjoy the fact we have a GM/HC/QB combo that will always have us in the championship picture and ENJOY IT.
Very nicely said.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:33 PM 12-06-2022

Was talking to my friend SOGGY SHANE today about the Walsh/Montana dynasty.

They lost three straight games to Parcells Giants from 85 to 87 and followed that up by NEVER beating them in the postseason.

Who won more Super Bowls that decade? :-)
[Reply]
BossChief 01:14 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Hah, so true.

Sometimes I'm like "OK, this dude's not bad. Actually he's pretty good." then literally the next week he looks like an UDFA who will wash out of the league by season's end.

It's been a while but I don't remember Fisher's lows ever being this low, though I know he had the opposite issue of Brown and struggled with physical pass rushers.
Hendrickson owns Orlando in a similar way (but opposite method) as Eric Fisher
Used to get owned by James Harrison. Orlando has an equally as glaring a weakness against speed as Fisher had against power.

Sunday was a huge letdown because there wasn’t much improvement in the way OBJ handled TH after 3-4 really promising games in a row.

I was hoping to see Orlando hold his own at a lower weight and he simply looked overmatched.
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Was talking to my friend SOGGY SHANE today about the Walsh/Montana dynasty.

They lost three straight games to Parcells Giants from 85 to 87 and followed that up by NEVER beating them in the postseason.

Who won more Super Bowls that decade? :-)
All of the teams that were sustained contenders had difficulties with the other top tier teams of their era

90s cowboys
80s 90s 49ers
Brady era pats

The real missed opportunity was drafting Darrisaw.

That kids an animal.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:21 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Yeah, it's not something to brag about. I hope Orlando can prove the doubters wrong, including my own skepticism about his ability. All I want is these guys to win championships. Need to be better in critical situations on both sides of the ball.
There's no doubting involved he's proven that he's inconsistent thus making him average to a piss poor pass blocking LT.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:34 AM 12-07-2022
I think Orlando’s technique still has a ways to go, but Sunday definitely spotlighted his inability to prevent opposing speed rushers from getting around him in 3-4 steps.

His feet are really bad and it seems having Thuney next to him masks that deficiency when a guy like Allegreti doesn’t. Orlando knows Thuney has his back on the inside moves so he can commit to the edge more, but Allegreti doesn’t move as well so Orlando has to respect inside moves and therefore gives up the edge because his feet aren’t good enough to seal both types of rush.

Gotta try to find our Darrisaw.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:06 AM 12-07-2022
No, he really hasn't been, and your take on the game is asinine.

If Andy had gone for it, and we got no points at all, we'd have been beaten easily. Taking whatever points you can when you can get them is the smart move in a game against a team that has been won by a field goal each time. I'm going to trust that Andy's got a feel for his guys and where they're at, how they're executing at any point in time. By no means was the decision to kick the FG a bad one. Your take is STUPID. You're going to need to stack points each drive. The Bengals were limiting our possessions.

The Bengals and The Bills are the two teams with elite QB's along with Mahomes. Allen's big money hasn't kicked in yet, and Burrow is still on his rookie deal.

With the Bengals especially, they'd been so bad they're drafting top of the round for years. Compare that to KC, who's been drafting mid twenties to thirties for a FUCKING DECADE. Cinci is talented yes, because they're well coached and their staff drafted well, but they had the institutional advantage of PICKING FUCKING FIRST for years.

This is why Buffalo went all in with Von Miller-they're about to be paying Allen. Cinci's got what, one more year before they have to start paying Burrow? And then Chase, etc., etc.

This is why everyone went all in to try to beat us-The Raiders, and Chargers, and (LOL) The Donkos as well.

The all know they have a very short window of time before the insitutional advantage balances out.

Reid was not outcoached, unless you want to say that the player's individual execution on a handful of specific plays is his fault. I think that's asinine, too, but whatever.

We simply made more mistakes than they did, so we lost. No Butker miss, no Kelce fumble, we win.

You could pick other plays throughout the game as well; just a few differences in particular play execution, and we win.

That's not being outcoached. It's being beaten by a very talented team that has had institutional advantages that can match our QB's level of play.

There are really only two teams in football that can consistently do that.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:28 AM 12-07-2022
Halfcan is a nice guy, but he occasionally gets caught up in conversations that reveal him to be a giant dumbass.

This is one such occasion.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:48 AM 12-07-2022
Brady era pats
After Brady won three Super Bowls the Pats lost to the Colts THREE STRAIGHT TIMES

Then Eli, then his knee died.

At that point I'm guessing Patriots fans were thinking the dynasty was just about over.

Ours is just getting started.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:08 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
No, he really hasn't been, and your take on the game is asinine.

If Andy had gone for it, and we got no points at all, we'd have been beaten easily. Taking whatever points you can when you can get them is the smart move in a game against a team that has been won by a field goal each time. I'm going to trust that Andy's got a feel for his guys and where they're at, how they're executing at any point in time. By no means was the decision to kick the FG a bad one. Your take is STUPID. You're going to need to stack points each drive. The Bengals were limiting our possessions.

The Bengals and The Bills are the two teams with elite QB's along with Mahomes. Allen's big money hasn't kicked in yet, and Burrow is still on his rookie deal.

With the Bengals especially, they'd been so bad they're drafting top of the round for years. Compare that to KC, who's been drafting mid twenties to thirties for a FUCKING DECADE. Cinci is talented yes, because they're well coached and their staff drafted well, but they had the institutional advantage of PICKING FUCKING FIRST for years.

This is why Buffalo went all in with Von Miller-they're about to be paying Allen. Cinci's got what, one more year before they have to start paying Burrow? And then Chase, etc., etc.

This is why everyone went all in to try to beat us-The Raiders, and Chargers, and (LOL) The Donkos as well.

The all know they have a very short window of time before the insitutional advantage balances out.

Reid was not outcoached, unless you want to say that the player's individual execution on a handful of specific plays is his fault. I think that's asinine, too, but whatever.

We simply made more mistakes than they did, so we lost. No Butker miss, no Kelce fumble, we win.

You could pick other plays throughout the game as well; just a few differences in particular play execution, and we win.

That's not being outcoached. It's being beaten by a very talented team that has had institutional advantages that can match our QB's level of play.

There are really only two teams in football that can consistently do that.

Great post.

The Bengals are going to need to pay Tee Higgins before next year. And if they don’t want to pay him like a #1, someone is going to be willing to.

Jonah Williams’ rookie deal is almost up. Jessie Bates wants a big contract. Etc.

The Bills and Bengals have a financial flexibility advantage right now. And the Chiefs are still right there with them, even in a year that was a soft reload/build year and with a key player vastly underperforming and dialing back the performance of a unit the team was expecting to be a strength (OL).

The Bengals are also, IMO, set to lose their DC to a head coaching gig somewhere in the off-season. Hopefully to an NFC team. He’s good.

Right now, I’m of the opinion they’ll let Brown walk and guide the spending at T into a different veteran option like Elgton Jenkins or Jack Conklin, and maybe a reclamation piece like Andre Dillard. There’s going to be a lot of money in the FA pool for everyone, though, so that’s easier said than done.

Which could mean that if Brown returns to the level of play he was showing before the Bengals game, and continues that through a playoff run, and is NOT an issue against players of Hendrickson’s caliber, the team decides to re-engage on long-term deals in the same vicinity as discussed before this year.

It would make me nervous at this point. But I’d understand the approach.
[Reply]
O.city 08:31 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Great post.

The Bengals are going to need to pay Tee Higgins before next year. And if they don’t want to pay him like a #1, someone is going to be willing to.

Jonah Williams’ rookie deal is almost up. Jessie Bates wants a big contract. Etc.

The Bills and Bengals have a financial flexibility advantage right now. And the Chiefs are still right there with them, even in a year that was a soft reload/build year and with a key player vastly underperforming and dialing back the performance of a unit the team was expecting to be a strength (OL).

The Bengals are also, IMO, set to lose their DC to a head coaching gig somewhere in the off-season. Hopefully to an NFC team. He’s good.

Right now, I’m of the opinion they’ll let Brown walk and guide the spending at T into a different veteran option like Elgton Jenkins or Jack Conklin, and maybe a reclamation piece like Andre Dillard. There’s going to be a lot of money in the FA pool for everyone, though, so that’s easier said than done.

Which could mean that if Brown returns to the level of play he was showing before the Bengals game, and continues that through a playoff run, and is NOT an issue against players of Hendrickson’s caliber, the team decides to re-engage on long-term deals in the same vicinity as discussed before this year.

It would make me nervous at this point. But I’d understand the approach.
Dillard is interesting to me in that you could get him on a nice deal and if he plays to his level, you're gaining some real value there.

I just don't know that they want to monkey with an unknown at LT.
[Reply]
Page 268 of 343
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278318 > Last »
Up