ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2676 of 3903
« First < 1676217625762626266626722673267426752676 267726782679268026862726277631763676 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:19 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
My 56 year old coworker is still in the hospital battling COVID PNA, going on day 10. He was given convalescent plasma over the weekend but continues to desat into the 70's, with light activity, even on oxygen. He has no prior health issues but simply waited too long at home before seeking help, IMO. Partly because his 80 year old mother, who is COVID positive, was refused medical care to the hospital 2 weeks ago when she called 911. They told her she "looked fine" and needed to manage at home because the hospitals were full. I convinced him to seek help but it was probably a few days too late.

A pulse oximeter is a MUST to have if you're positive. Even if you feel "decent," continue to check it multiple times per day while you are home.

My coworker's name in Joe and he's very Christian. A great man who is honestly struggling for his life right now. I've worked with him for 8 years and he would appreciate any prayers you could give him.
Man that sucks. Best of luck to him and fucked up what happened to the dudes mother. That's outright negligence.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:32 PM 07-21-2020
Quest is saying their turn around time now is up to 2 weeks. Can’t get a handle on the virus with that long of delay
[Reply]
TLO 05:50 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Quest is saying their turn around time now is up to 2 weeks. Can’t get a handle on the virus with that long of delay
If there's a week or two week turnaround on testing what's the point? If you think you have it, quarantine yourself unless you need emergency care.
[Reply]
TLO 05:58 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He also said that it's going to get worse before it gets better...
He did indeed. I wish that was explained in a bit more detail, but it is what it is. Are we talking like mid April bad? What areas look like the prime spots to be hit next? All of this would be helpful information.

We hit over 1000 deaths on Worldomoters today for the first time in quite a while.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:00 PM 07-21-2020

Coughing over trays of liquid nitrogen with and without N95 mask, face shield, and surgical mask. pic.twitter.com/x3Th6kzed2

— Tom Kuntzleman (@pchemstud) July 21, 2020

Great demonstration imo.
[Reply]
TLO 06:02 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Great demonstration imo.
Pretty cool.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:04 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
If there's a week or two week turnaround on testing what's the point? If you think you have it, quarantine yourself unless you need emergency care.
There is many reasons why people need a quick test turn around such as for work or health reasons. Public health needs them so they can have an idea how bad the outbreak is.
[Reply]
TLO 06:06 PM 07-21-2020
So a question on masks.

Is it helpful to double up on them? I was recently given a few cloth masks. I always have a surgical mask on around my co-workers/clients, but would wearing the cloth mask on top of the surgical mask make any difference?

I also bought a 5 pack of KN95's off Amazon I plan on utilizing if we do end up with a client that is sick. I know they're not as good as N95's, but they're still probably better than the surgical/cloth.
[Reply]
TLO 06:08 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
There is many reasons why people need a quick test turn around such as for work or health reasons. Public health needs them so they can have an idea how bad the outbreak is.
Working in the health field I've been tested 4 different times since March. One I went through and did a drive through PCR test offered by the county, the other 3 times was after potential exposure to an employee that was positive. I was rapid tested 3 out of the 4 times.

I'd like to hope that the people who truly need them are able to get quick turnarounds.

Not everyone needs a PCR test done, IMO. Do antigen testing of people. If they test positive, ok great. If they test negative and are exhibiting classic signs, then do the PCR swab
[Reply]
lewdog 06:08 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So a question on masks.

Is it helpful to double up on them? I was recently given a few cloth masks. I always have a surgical mask on around my co-workers/clients, but would wearing the cloth mask on top of the surgical mask make any difference?

I also bought a 5 pack of KN95's off Amazon I plan on utilizing if we do end up with a client that is sick. I know they're not as good as N95's, but they're still probably better than the surgical/cloth.
Cloth first with surgical mask over it. Change out cloth mask when it feels wet.
[Reply]
O.city 06:11 PM 07-21-2020
Ditch the cloth wear the surgical. Don’t touch any parts but the ear loupes and the metal bridge

Wear the surgical over the kn95
[Reply]
Strongside 06:11 PM 07-21-2020
I think this pandemic has exposed both the best parts of the American healthcare system (the people), and the worst parts of the American healthcare system (the system itself.)
[Reply]
TLO 06:15 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Cloth first with surgical mask over it. Change out cloth mask when it feels wet.
Thank you.

Additional questions you might be able to help with.

I leave my surgical masks in my car so to hopefully de-contaminate them every day. Heat/sunlight, etc. I have a rotation of 7, and can occasionally get more from my employer but they are stingy with them. Is this an acceptable practice for de-contamination?

Could I do the same with my KN95's? Wear them with a surgical mask over it and rotate them out each day?
[Reply]
O.city 06:19 PM 07-21-2020
Put them in a sandwhich bag and seal it in your car.

I wear a new n95 every week with a surgical mask over it to protect it from any moisture or splatter

Leave them in the sun to get uv and you’ll be ok
[Reply]
TLO 06:20 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Put them in a sandwhich bag and seal it in your car.

I wear a new n95 every week with a surgical mask over it to protect it from any moisture or splatter

Leave them in the sun to get uv and you’ll be ok
Thank you for the advice.
[Reply]
Page 2676 of 3903
« First < 1676217625762626266626722673267426752676 267726782679268026862726277631763676 > Last »
Up