ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 267 of 313
« First < 167217257263264265266267 268269270271277 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:30 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Random thought: Keeping Gore over Williams is intriguing. It's hard to see it happening. I just like the idea of a former Alabama RB carrying the rock behind this line.
I’d rather keep Dieter over DRob and pretend he’s a white Julio Jones if that’s the kinda way this team is leaning.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:30 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Only reason I think DRob is a lock (at this point) is... who else knows our offense as well as him besides Hill, Hardman & Pringle?

I don't think we can go into the season with just those 3. And while I do think Kemp or Fountain are intriguing, they aren't proven yet, and so for that reason I think DRob stays for another season.

We will absolutely replace him next season.
You know who would be far worse if we kept them over Robinson?

Anybody not named Hill, Hardman, or Pringle.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:33 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You know who would be far worse if we kept them over Robinson?

Anybody not named Hill, Hardman, or Pringle.
Not sure Hardman is an improvement, but at least he secures the ball and runs forward and doesn't pretend to be a poor man's Barry Sanders.
[Reply]
Coach 08:34 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Not sure Hardman is an improvement, but at least he secures the ball and runs forward and doesn't pretend to be a poor man's Barry Sanders.
True, but he can't really catch well, and has a very good knack of muffing punts.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:41 PM 08-23-2021
I absolutely don't want to see Hardman on returns anymore
[Reply]
tredadda 08:46 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
True, but he can't really catch well, and has a very good knack of muffing punts.
Very true. We have one elite receiver and a bunch of meh receivers. One will be the #2 more by default than anything else.
[Reply]
Coach 08:51 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Very true. We have one elite receiver and a bunch of meh receivers. One will be the #2 more by default than anything else.
I see Kelce and/or Hill as interchangeable #1/#2 receiving threats. All others are pretty much #3 and thereafter.

But I do see your point of view if we're strictly talking about WR's (taking the TE's out of the equation).
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:53 PM 08-23-2021
Gore's from Alabama?

Oh. Gross. Now I kinda hope he gets cut.
He was on AL's roster for two years. He didn't make his name there. It was a crowded backfield so he transferred.

https://rolltide.com/sports/football...rick-gore/3110
[Reply]
thabear04 08:59 PM 08-23-2021
Gore's from Alabama?

Oh. Gross. Now I kinda hope he gets cut.
It says Gore from Louisiana-Monroe.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:04 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by thabear04:
It says Gore from Louisiana-Monroe.
Yes, that's where he transferred and got his touches. Alabama was loaded. Still had the talent to wear the jersey. That means something to me. I hope he makes the roster... somehow.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:09 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I’d rather keep Dieter over DRob and pretend he’s a white Julio Jones if that’s the kinda way this team is leaning.
I wish we'd end the Dieter experiment.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:47 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I absolutely don't want to see Hardman on returns anymore
That's fine and well, but other than Reek, he's probably the best one. I'm kind of a homer for Pringle, but no way Pringle scores on the one Hardman did in the Houston game.
[Reply]
oldman 10:50 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Here's another way to think about it: with 39 absolute locks, there are 14 open roster spots for the 21 below players.

Pick your 7 cuts from the below list.

Burton
Bell
Fortson
Powell
Remmers
Wylie
Blythe
Saunders
Okafor
Baker
Fenton
Thompson
Kemp
Fountain
Long
Allegretti
Tega Wanaho
Ward
Cobb
Key
Watts
Keyes
First of all, you can't just PS guys. If they have less than 4 years you have to put them on waivers. Four years or more, they get released. Either way there is no guarantee you can get them back. Second, Long is on PUP, so there's no need to waste a roster spot on him. He can't be poached.

Thompson
Burton
Wylie
Watts
DOD - Not on the list, but still gone
Deiter - He's not anyone else's BFF.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:08 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
First of all, you can't just PS guys. If they have less than 4 years you have to put them on waivers. Four years or more, they get released. Either way there is no guarantee you can get them back. Second, Long is on PUP, so there's no need to waste a roster spot on him. He can't be poached.

Thompson
Burton
Wylie
Watts
DOD - Not on the list, but still gone
Deiter - He's not anyone else's BFF.
So, good point on Long. We can kick that can down the road.

For Deiter/DOD, they aren’t on that list because there’s no way in hell they make it. These are just the guys (in my mind) who have the better than half a chance to make it to the final 53 depending on who Veach/Reid select.

Another way I could have run this was to say “pick 14 keepers from the list” and in retrospect maybe I should have done that.
[Reply]
oldman 12:40 AM 08-24-2021
You could subtract a lock from your list of 39 if you put LDT on IR. Your 10 probables, minus Burton would make that 48, so we're at 5 spots. I'd keep Allegretti over Blythe and Tega over Wylie. We're still at 48 now. We're thin at LB so Cobb makes 49 and I like Ward for 50. For 51-53, I'll go Keyes, Key, and Fountain. Fountain and perhaps Key will probably be cut for pickups or when LDT returns.

There was an earlier discussion about Winchester being a wasted spot. I'd disagree, the LS is someone you want to count on just as much as your punter. The Chiefs have had a designated LS since 2000 and I'd guess that's pretty standard throughout the league.
[Reply]
Page 267 of 313
« First < 167217257263264265266267 268269270271277 > Last »
Up