View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 267 of 343
« First < 167217257263264265266267 268269270271277317 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:29 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Certainly not if we don't know what Niang is yet. And there's only one way to see.
If Niang performs well, I hope we don’t assume RT is solved. He hasn’t proven to be reliable given his college injury and injury last season. I don’t really care about his rookie opt out.

I think Veach will sign/draft more options, regardless.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:36 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If Niang performs well, I hope we don’t assume RT is solved. He hasn’t proven to be reliable given his college injury and injury last season. I don’t really care about his rookie opt out.

I think Veach will sign/draft more options, regardless.
I think so too, but it would make it a little less of a dire need.

You'd still want a better swing option than Wylie, at the very least.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:03 PM 12-06-2022
I told you guys so this offseason.
Told you the bengals would win on sun.
but you know, Bwillie is always wrong!
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:10 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I told you guys so this offseason.
Told you the bengals would win on sun.
but you know, Bwillie is always wrong!
I can’t imagine a more wretched version of fanship than predicting bad things about your team all the time and then taking a lap if they happen
[Reply]
DRM08 09:15 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I can’t imagine a more wretched version of fanship than predicting bad things about your team all the time and then taking a lap if they happen
Yeah, it's not something to brag about. I hope Orlando can prove the doubters wrong, including my own skepticism about his ability. All I want is these guys to win championships. Need to be better in critical situations on both sides of the ball.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:15 PM 12-06-2022
I think so too, but it would make it a little less of a dire need.

You'd still want a better swing option than Wylie, at the very least.
Agree with that. Niang kinda has a Watkins feel to him. Potential is there, but not reliable.

He’s fine to have on your roster, but has to be cheap and you have to have another option.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:29 PM 12-06-2022
Orlando Brown's performance was so bad it's beyond discussing whether to resign him. The real question is should he be benched right now.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:37 PM 12-06-2022
Certainly not if we don't know what Niang is yet. And there's only one way to see.
I think that's the issue though. After 2 years, we still don't know what he is and I'm not sure it's wise to go into the season with 2 unproven tackles if we go the rookie LT route.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:39 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Orlando Brown's performance was so bad it's beyond discussing whether to resign him. The real question is should he be benched right now.
pretty sure geron can do better than giving up a pressure 25% of the time

break him in against the texans if the broncos abuse orlando
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:44 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I think that's the issue though. After 2 years, we still don't know what he is and I'm not sure it's wise to go into the season with 2 unproven tackles if we go the rookie LT route.
That's why I think we might see him very soon.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:45 PM 12-06-2022
That's why I think we might see him very soon.
Hopefully.

Andy just seems smitten with Wylie though.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:58 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Last year Mahomes cost us the SB. You're acting like a woman.
Not kicking the FG before the half cost us the game. Andy froze and the team lost all confidence.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:02 PM 12-06-2022
Yeah. You should probably just pick another team to root for, since this one's hopeless.
When you choke to the same team 3 times in a row and keep making the same mistakes-that is on the coaching. Never said it was "hopeless' just don't trust Andy to do anything different from the same thing he always does.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:09 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
When you choke to the same team 3 times in a row and keep making the same mistakes-that is on the coaching. Never said it was "hopeless' just don't trust Andy to do anything different from the same thing he always does.
When you know it's going to be a very tight game, taking the points is perfectly reasonable.

You have a bad football take. That happens a lot.
We lost because Kelce fumbed and Butker missed a FG. Period.
Mahomes missed a wide open Mckinnon for the first.

We made MISTAKES. Too many, so we lost.

Blaming Andy is stupid.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:19 PM 12-06-2022
When you know it's going to be a very tight game, taking the points is perfectly reasonable.

You have a bad football take. That happens a lot.
We lost because Kelce fumbed and Butker missed a FG. Period.
Mahomes missed a wide open Mckinnon for the first.

We made MISTAKES. Too many, so we lost.

Blaming Andy is stupid.
Blaming a coach who is paid to win games is stupid? This team always makes Mistakes, dumb penalties, can't tackle, poor play calling when the game is on the line--that is on coaching. Andy has been out-coached 3 times in a row now. Andy is predictable, and so is his coaching staff.
[Reply]
Page 267 of 343
« First < 167217257263264265266267 268269270271277317 > Last »
Up