ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 266 of 3903
« First < 166216256262263264265266 2672682692702763163667661266 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:04 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I totally agree with what you are saying, but below is where the problem with that lies. It is unfortunate but true.
Read the article... it doesn't say absolutely every single person should stay home, one of the simulations shows only a quarter of people practicing 'social distancing'.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:06 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Do what?

This idea we have a 14 day shutdown....shutdown exactly meaning?

Its absurd, unenforceable, and unrealistic
Do what? Shut every non-essential business down. Close them down where no person is working or no person is a customer.
It is not absurd. It is not unenforceable nor unrealistic.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:06 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Some interesting data from the CDC is leading some to report that we may have been visited by this and mis-attributed cases to the flu that were really Corona. Combined with how it is spreading this person (quoting some gov sources) seems to think a lot of people have already had the Corona virus. Not sure if the increases are more due to having fewer tests early on the positively ID Corona but the spike in cases attributed to the flu in Dec and Jan are interesting.

I’ve also wondered how long it’s been here. Just before Christmas I had an illness I couldn’t shake, high fever and chills, dry cough, runny nose, a couple days I struggled to take full breaths. Finally went to urgent care after Christmas and was given a Z-Pack with no testing of any sort. Obviously I got through it, but it makes me wonder what I truly had.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:07 AM 03-15-2020
Minn schools closed Mar 18-27.

But one of those weeks is spring break for a lot of schools.

So our district will have one day of school this week. As of now....
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:13 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I’ve also wondered how long it’s been here. Just before Christmas I had an illness I couldn’t shake, high fever and chills, dry cough, runny nose, a couple days I struggled to take full breaths. Finally went to urgent care after Christmas and was given a Z-Pack with no testing of any sort. Obviously I got through it, but it makes me wonder what I truly had.
I believe its been here longer than they let on.
Ive known someone that went through the same 2 week ass kicking of a cold and flue.
Was kicking it over at Bugs house lastnight and he said he knew someone to that went through a 2 week funk.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:13 AM 03-15-2020
Do what? Shut every non-essential business down. Close them down where no person is working or no person is a customer.
How would u see such an event? Martial law? Who decides essential? Who pays the bills?

Trucking essential? Fuel stations/restaurants essential Grocery, hospitals and pharmacies?
Ag businesses, feed, fertilizer, slaughter...all essential

The list goes on....govt can close govt/schools But to force independent businesses to shut down will never happen
[Reply]
ghak99 09:15 AM 03-15-2020
Define non-essential.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:16 AM 03-15-2020
How would u see such an event? Martial law? Who decides essential? Who pays the bills?

Trucking essential? Fuel stations/restaurants essential Grocery, hospitals and pharmacies?

The list goes on....govt can close govt/schools But to force independent businesses to shut down will never happen
Well, I don't know about NEVER. The governor of Colorado just forced all ski areas closed for a week. Of course, many of them had already decided to do so on their own.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:16 AM 03-15-2020

Im sure someone has thought of this, but if you have it and recover, will testing still reveal you had the virus for some time after? Seems like testing those who had what was called flu has a place
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:17 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Read the article... it doesn't say absolutely every single person should stay home, one of the simulations shows only a quarter of people practicing 'social distancing'.
I did, many other articles and announcements by all the health organizations states to not have large groups of people gather. That is what is going on there in the French quarter after the Gov. suspended schools.
[Reply]
Spott 09:17 AM 03-15-2020
Syphilis? :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 09:18 AM 03-15-2020
Im sure someone has thought of this, but if you have it and recover, will testing still reveal you had the virus for some time after? Seems like testing those who had what was called flu has a place
I only know the basics, but my understanding is that the answer is yes, but not through a "normal" test. The tests they're administering now will tell if the virus is active in the person - they won't detect someone who has already had it and recovered. A different type of test in the future will tell us what percentage of people actually had it, but it won't be something that's administered to a ton of people - just to random samples so that the analysis can be done.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:19 AM 03-15-2020

Originally Posted by ghak99:
Define non-essential.
Those have already been defined by the Government. Do a little research and you will see. We have a modified version of what France did coming.
Have you all not been paying attention about "bills"? Those will all be deferred at first if not there will be more government bail out money that will have to be paid out later.
[Reply]
Spott 09:20 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
If there’s one thing to learn from this, it’s to never travel with Tom Hanks under any circumstance.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:29 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, I don't know about NEVER. The governor of Colorado just forced all ski areas closed for a week. Of course, many of them had already decided to do so on their own.
OK, skiing would be non essential.....im in on that....and Curling. No damn curling.
[Reply]
Page 266 of 3903
« First < 166216256262263264265266 2672682692702763163667661266 > Last »
Up