View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 266 of 343
« First < 166216256262263264265266 267268269270276316 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:25 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I shouldn't have watched those, they just made me mad. And sad. What a hunk of dogshit he truly was on Sunday.

I know.

It's like, you don't even need context. But with context it's even worse.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:27 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'd rather try Geron Christian. His pass blocking grades were pretty good, as I remember. Id rather not disrupt Thuney-Creed-Smith.

I'd rather try Christian-Thuney-Creed-Smith-Winnebago/Niang for a few games, personally.

I seriously doubt it looks worse.
But the continuity :-)
[Reply]
kccrow 06:27 PM 12-06-2022
I'd rather try Geron Christian. His pass blocking grades were pretty good, as I remember. Id rather not disrupt Thuney-Creed-Smith.

I'd rather try Christian-Thuney-Creed-Smith-Winnebago/Niang for a few games, personally.

I don't disagree.

Reid's undying love for maintaining continuity is absolutely fucking this team at times. Obviously, W/L matters but there have been some major issues against every team with a moderately good pass rusher despite the W/L.

If both my OTs are sucking as bad as these two are, I'd absolutely try whatever I could to at least upgrade one of them. At least try these cats at RT and see if you can fix that problem before next year if you're going to hamstring yourself to OBj at LT right now.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:29 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't disagree.

Reid's undying love for maintaining continuity is absolutely ****ing this team at times. Obviously, W/L matters but there have been some major issues against every team with a moderately good pass rusher despite the W/L.

If both my OTs are sucking as bad as these two are, I'd absolutely try whatever I could to at least upgrade one of them. At least try these cats at RT and see if you can fix that problem before next year if you're going to hamstring yourself to OBj at LT right now.
I would think that is the most likely move. I would be SHOCKED if Reid replaced both, it's just not how he rolls.

But they really need to see what they have in Niang at the very least, and Winnebago looked better than Wylie in relief, though CP posters disagree. I watched him closely, and he was markedly better to my eye.
[Reply]
PHOG 06:40 PM 12-06-2022
It even looks as if he gets tired chasing his man around, and so just gives up almost.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:47 PM 12-06-2022
There is the possibility that he also caught whatever bug was going around that got Frank and Kelce.

But even then, I can't be onboard with having him at LT next season, barring some miraculous improvement between now and then. And I mean he becomes Willie Roaf Lite or something. Otherwise, Andy/Veach should find another solution.
[Reply]
Chiefsfan1 07:15 PM 12-06-2022
Yeah, hopefully they move on from him after the season. I don't even think he's a right tackle unless it's a run-based offense like Baltimore. He's a glorified guard in a passing offense like ours (hasn't been much better than Wylie who is a guard and usually draws the tougher assignments). Just not able to handle speed rushers.

I hope they just let him walk. Don't even tag him. Lots of cap space to open free agency if so, along with cutting Frank Clark. They'd have plenty of options to replace him at left tackle, whether it's a journeyman in free agency (doesn't have to be a great left tackle, but at least one that doesn't cost a lot if you think you can get by while figuring out a long-term solution and more cap space to throw at other positions), trading for Laremy Tunsil, or trading up in the first round to get the left tackle of the future on a rookie contract. Worst case scenario, you just move Joe Thuney there for a season and he should be able to do a good job there IMO. All of these options are better than paying Orlando Brown Jr IMO.

No matter what, he's always going to have trouble against speed rushers and he's not going to get any faster as he ages. If the left tackle has to struggle against speed or power rushers, with Mahomes at QB (AND with an interior group that handles power rushers better than a couple years ago), I'm taking more of an Eric Fisher-style left tackle that at least handles speed well. I think that type of LT fits better with Mahomes.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:16 PM 12-06-2022

Andy will never do it. He never changes-ever. It took most of the year to finally get him to bench CEH. Andy is too busy scheming up triple, statue of liberty plays on Whataburger napkins to fix the O line.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:18 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
There is the possibility that he also caught whatever bug was going around that got Frank and Kelce.

But even then, I can't be onboard with having him at LT next season, barring some miraculous improvement between now and then. And I mean he becomes Willie Roaf Lite or something. Otherwise, Andy/Veach should find another solution.
Yep, we just have to suffer through another Andy meltdown in the playoffs and watch Wylie and Fat Brown cost us a chance at the SB.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:12 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yep, we just have to suffer through another Andy meltdown in the playoffs and watch Wylie and Fat Brown cost us a chance at the SB.
Last year Mahomes cost us the SB. You're acting like a woman.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:15 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yeah. You should probably just pick another team to root for, since this one's hopeless.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:15 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
He was good at RT in Baltimore when Lamar was his QB. He only played LT due to injury. He believes he is a LT because his dad wanted him to be a LT.
It helps when the pass rush is afraid to get too far up field.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:20 PM 12-06-2022
I would bet that Andy will indeed replace Wylie and we're entering the stretch where we should be able to win without much risk-so I would just about bet money that Niang is RT within the next few weeks.

You have to remember that Wylie wasn't really supposed to be RT1 to start with. They brought in TWO OT's this offseason and were hoping to get Niang back. Judging by Winnebago's play, I would guess Wylie's famiiarity won him the spot, not necessarily upside.

We really need to see what we have in Niang. Is he a bum that can't stay healthy? Could be. There's a ton of talent there, but if he can't play, he can't play. We don't want to go into next season with a question mark by his name at this point, it's shit or get off the pot time.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:22 PM 12-06-2022
I would bet that Andy will indeed replace Wylie and we're entering the stretch where we should be able to win without much risk-so I would just about bet money that Niang is RT within the next few weeks.

You have to remember that Wylie wasn't really supposed to be RT1 to start with. They brought in TWO OT's this offseason and were hoping to get Niang back. Judging by Winnebago's play, I would guess Wylie's famiiarity won him the spot, not necessarily upside.

We really need to see what we have in Niang. Is he a bum that can't stay healthy? Could be. There's a ton of talent there, but if he can't play, he can't play. We don't want to go into next season with a question mark by his name at this point, it's shit or get off the pot time.
I almost feel like we would have to spend on a veteran RT if we do go with a rookie LT.

I just can't see Andy rolling with a rookie RT or Niang with a rookie LT.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:23 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I almost feel like we would have to spend on a veteran RT if we do go with a rookie LT.

I just can't see Andy rolling with a rookie RT or Niang with a rookie LT.
Certainly not if we don't know what Niang is yet. And there's only one way to see.
[Reply]
Page 266 of 343
« First < 166216256262263264265266 267268269270276316 > Last »
Up