ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 265 of 313
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
penchief 03:12 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Why do people still consider Robinson a lock? Is it just an Andy Reid thing or do people still think he's a budding star at WR? Can't Powell take over Robinson's blocking duties. That's the only thing he does consistently.

Not trying to start shit, just want someone to explain it to me why they think Robinson is more than a JAG.
He is what he is. He’s a really talented receiver who is content to be nothing more than a role player. He’s a good teammate and a bit of a glue guy. There is a spot on most rosters for a guy like that as long as they have talent and make plays, which Robinson does.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:19 PM 08-23-2021
I think Wanagho is our backup LT, Remmers backup RT.

No swing OT.
I can't decide on this. On balance I think I prefer seeing a Wanogho/Remmers combo than a Remmers/Wylie one. Could see Wanogho being a bit of a liability at times but any worse? Doubt it.

However this shakes out are there are any areas anyone feels we're weaker in than last year. I'd say maybe WR if the rotation approach doesn't work and/or Hardman doesn't improve, possibly CB, and perhaps pass protection at tackle. Otherwise:

OL - Vastly improved interior, tackles probably better for the run game. Can honestly see people dying when we run it.

DL - Unless we now dump all the rotational DEs, we're good. I was worried about DE but honestly think Jones/Danna with Wharton, Reed and Saunders are going to give QBs the fits...probably the s***s too.

TE - If we have 4 we're going to be upgraded for sure, even if it's just Gray and Bell it should be better

LBs - Much improved I think with Gay and Bolton

It's going to be fun.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:45 PM 08-23-2021
Random thought: Keeping Gore over Williams is intriguing. It's hard to see it happening. I just like the idea of a former Alabama RB carrying the rock behind this line.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:13 PM 08-23-2021

#Chiefs defensive tackle Khalen Saunders was candid in saying that when he and Turk Wharton enter the game, they are trying to look better than Jarran Reed/ Derrick Nnadi. Saunders said he and Wharton want to ensure absoltuely no dropoff.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) August 23, 2021

[Reply]
Skyy God 04:20 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Lotta motivated players on this roster.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:21 PM 08-23-2021
I think Wanagho is our backup LT, Remmers backup RT.

No swing OT.
PTW is raw but has serious upside.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/prince...a-56f56bf22fa9

I certainly hope this transpires. Wylie can GTFO.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:23 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I can't decide on this. On balance I think I prefer seeing a Wanogho/Remmers combo than a Remmers/Wylie one. Could see Wanogho being a bit of a liability at times but any worse? Doubt it.

However this shakes out are there are any areas anyone feels we're weaker in than last year. I'd say maybe WR if the rotation approach doesn't work and/or Hardman doesn't improve, possibly CB, and perhaps pass protection at tackle. Otherwise:

OL - Vastly improved interior, tackles probably better for the run game. Can honestly see people dying when we run it.

DL - Unless we now dump all the rotational DEs, we're good. I was worried about DE but honestly think Jones/Danna with Wharton, Reed and Saunders are going to give QBs the fits...probably the s***s too.

TE - If we have 4 we're going to be upgraded for sure, even if it's just Gray and Bell it should be better

LBs - Much improved I think with Gay and Bolton

It's going to be fun.
CBs may be a little worse. Otherwise, I think all position groups are the same or better.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:36 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
And honestly, there probably won’t be a noticeable drop off. That’s a great group of 4 DTs….especially when you consider we still have Jones too.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:38 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
CBs may be a little worse. Otherwise, I think all position groups are the same or better.
If CB is worse, it won’t be by much. Breeland was a good corner, but he absolutely made some really boneheaded plays too.

I think Sneed getting better from Year 1 to Year 2 will offset anything we lose by going from Breeland to Hughes/Baker.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:39 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
And honestly, there probably won’t be a noticeable drop off. That’s a great group of 4 DTs….especially when you consider we still have Jones too.
From a pass rushing perspective, it’s honestly the deepest group I’ve ever seen.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:50 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
From a pass rushing perspective, it’s honestly the deepest group I’ve ever seen.
Spags has to be drooling. He loved having those big athletes up and down the DL in New York.

Brady hated it too.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:54 PM 08-23-2021
Watching Arizona again, Derrick Gore really does look like a natural. He stays low and keeps his pads straight. He seems to slip under the arms of tacklers so he avoids big hits and gains that extra few yards. I absolutely prefer him over Thompson, who runs like a wackadoodle.

Need to see him with the 1's,2's to see what happens against better defenders.

I think Shane Buechele reminds a bit of Chase Daniel(s) Teehee

It would be nice if Beuchele could develop and become our backup for the next 10 years.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:40 PM 08-23-2021
Reed > Breeland...for about the same money
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:49 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Reed > Breeland...for about the same money
Now that is some good stuff.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:52 PM 08-23-2021
Imo PTW has to be on this roster. He's only 23 and has tons of potentiak plus he's also done well on camp and tje preason games. Like Fountain his talent has never been in question..it's been injuries that hampared him. Also intrigued by Gore too.
He has that Kareem Hunt build and burst..and even though many might doubt him, Raheem Mostert was on SIX team before going to san fran's system and flourishing so who knows how far Gore could go with this new line? Looking forward to seeing what he does on Friday.
[Reply]
Page 265 of 313
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275 > Last »
Up