ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 265 of 335
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275315 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 01:10 AM 06-27-2016
Amazing episode. Didn't think they could top Battle of the Bastards or Hardhome, but they may have done it with this one.

Few thoughts - First, how fucked are the Lannisters now? The Freys are done now and Cersei blew up the last remaining allies she had. So now the Lannisters are going to get ran train on with the resurgent North and the super team army of Unsullied/Dothraki/Ironborn/Dorn/Highgarden. Cersei is so fucked. Though I bet Jaime will kill her first before Cersei can reap what she has sowed.

Secondly, L+R = J confirmed. Jon now has a better claim to the Iron Throne than Daenrys does. Wonder how she'll take that news once Bran lets everyone know.

Thirdly, Lady Bear Mormont is a certified, verbal asskicking, badass. That whole scene was just nails. Anyone else get chills during that whole "The White Wolf! The King in the North!" scene?

Finally, Littlefinger plans have all gone to shit. I think Sansa knew it and it made her happy, but now she's worried what Littlefinger is going to do. You know he's going to be coming after Jon and Sansa somehow. Hopefully Sansa doesn't get jealous and doesn't side with Littlefinger.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:12 AM 06-27-2016
Phenomenal episode. Everything was pretty bad ass, I thought.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 01:15 AM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
Amazing episode. Didn't think they could top Battle of the Bastards or Hardhome, but they may have done it with this one.

Few thoughts - First, how fucked are the Lannisters now? The Freys are done now and Cersei blew up the last remaining allies she had. So now the Lannisters are going to get ran train on with the resurgent North and the super team army of Unsullied/Dothraki/Ironborn/Dorn/Highgarden. Cersei is so fucked. Though I bet Jaime will kill her first before Cersei can reap what she has sowed.

Secondly, L+R = J confirmed. Jon now has a better claim to the Iron Throne than Daenrys does. Wonder how she'll take that news once Bran lets everyone know.

Thirdly, Lady Bear Mormont is a certified, verbal asskicking, badass. That whole scene was just nails. Anyone else get chills during that whole "The White Wolf! The King in the North!" scene?

Finally, Littlefinger plans have all gone to shit. I think Sansa knew it and it made her happy, but now she's worried what Littlefinger is going to do. You know he's going to be coming after Jon and Sansa somehow. Hopefully Sansa doesn't get jealous and doesn't side with Littlefinger.
I'm more worried he'll try to take Sansa to Cersi now
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:15 AM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:

Few thoughts - First, how ****ed are the Lannisters now? The Freys are done now and Cersei blew up the last remaining allies she had. So now the Lannisters are going to get ran train on with the resurgent North and the super team army of Unsullied/Dothraki/Ironborn/Dorn/Highgarden. Cersei is so ****ed. Though I bet Jaime will kill her first before Cersei can reap what she has sowed.

Oh yeah, big time chills. And yes, little Mormont is quickly racing up my favorite character rankings.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:29 AM 06-27-2016
This hit me after the episode:

White walkers only been seen as men and not women. Wights yes, but actual WWs no.

The show has made the living women into powerful figures..

Did GRRM intend for the battle between the dead and the living into some sort of battle of the sexes in the quest to subvert typical fantasy tropes?!!?!
[Reply]
eDave 01:33 AM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:

White walkers only been seen as men and not women. Wights yes, but actual WWs no.

Did GRRM intend for the battle between the dead and the living into some sort of battle of the sexes in the quest to subvert typical fantasy tropes?!!?!
Probably not.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 01:41 AM 06-27-2016
One more thing. Part of the prophecy for the Prince That Was Promised is "born underneath a bleeding star". If you watch the Tower of Joy scene again, you'll see that Dawn (forged from a meteorite) is still coated in Arthur Dayne's blood.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:41 AM 06-27-2016
About the only hope Cersei has is to make an alliance with Euron and hope their combined fleets can somehow stop Dany's fleet before it reaches Dorne. I see a huge episode 9 (or whatever the shortened-season equivalent is) sea battle in the offing...
[Reply]
TimBone 01:43 AM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Seeing some online interpreting the look between Sansa and Baelish as her upset with Jon being named King, but I interpreted it completely differently. Everything up to that point indicated her support for Jon, so I thought that moment was her realization of just how angry Littlefinger is at Jon's ascension, when she finally notices him stewing over in the corner.
I took it the same way you did.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:57 AM 06-27-2016
How come Snow let Melisandre ride south? Davos wanted her executed and her argument against it was that she could help Snow win the war against the white walkers.

So, one would assume that Snow would either execute her, or let her live to help him in the coming war. Instead, he lets her live, but banishes her from the North.

What's the deal?

Edit: Also, Davos was great in that scene. That dude is a good actor.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 02:16 AM 06-27-2016
Do we have any idea where Dawn is now? I have a theory that if Jon really is Azor Ahai then Dawn might be the flaming sword. Maybe somehow his Targeryon blood activates it or something.
[Reply]
eDave 02:18 AM 06-27-2016
I thought Tyrion was going to lay pipe there for a bit.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 03:50 AM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:

Aren't most of the white walkers craster's sons taken to the nights King, touched and changed? That would explain why they're all men.....
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 03:52 AM 06-27-2016
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Oh yeah, big time chills. And yes, little Mormont is quickly racing up my favorite character rankings.
She is DOOOMED!!!
[Reply]
crazycoffey 03:53 AM 06-27-2016
Lol
[Reply]
Page 265 of 335
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275315 > Last »
Up