View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 264 of 343
« First < 164214254260261262263264 265266267268274314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:11 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wut? He killed the go ahead drive on 3rd.
fair point

but to say he is "the sole reason" is inaccurate
[Reply]
jd1020 04:11 PM 12-06-2022
Wut? He killed the go ahead drive on 3rd.
All Mahomes had to do was actually look at McKinnon when he rolled left and the drive is still alive.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:13 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
All Mahomes had to do was actually look at McKinnon when he rolled left and the drive is still alive.
Brown let Hendrickson in his face IMMEDIATELY. What the fuck is he supposed to do?
[Reply]
jd1020 04:15 PM 12-06-2022
Brown let Hendrickson in his face IMMEDIATELY. What the fuck is he supposed to do?
Are you saying at no point was there an opportunity for Mahomes to avoid a sack and pick up the first down on that play?

Yes Brown gave up pressure, but its also on Mahomes who eats the sack.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 04:18 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
fair point

but to say he is "the sole reason" is inaccurate
he was one of 22 reasons...
[Reply]
DRM08 04:19 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Not sure about that. McKinnon had Cincy guys waiting for him. Maybe he makes it to the first down, maybe not. That said, Orlando completely botched that play.

And frankly, I wish Andy Reid tried the 4-down territory approach. Run the ball on 3rd down and either pick up the 1st down on the ground, or perhaps get a lot closer for a 4th and 1 type of scenario. They were running the ball pretty well in this game, so it's not crazy to think they might have picked up at least a couple yards on the 3rd down play.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:22 PM 12-06-2022
Mahomes didn't eat the sack. He had a first down running if Brown can do SOMETHING to stop Hendrickson from catching him from behind. Gets beat so badly yet can't even wash Hendrickson upfield and it of the rest of the play. Scum sucking faggot.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:24 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Not sure about that. McKinnon had Cincy guys waiting for him. Maybe he makes it to the first down, maybe not. That said, Orlando completely botched that play.
Cincy was 5 yards back from the first down marker which was 3 yards beyond McKinnon. He had a fucking 8 yard cushion to pick up 3 yards. That was as free as it gets.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:27 PM 12-06-2022
I'm pretty much just flat out on Brown. I would've taken him at a decent deal before the season, but his stalling, waiting until the last minute to hire a newb agent and thinking he was going to hold The Chiefs' feet to the fire really soured me on him.

On top of that, he's been wildly inconsistent, and sometimes just flat out bad.

Wylie blows goats, but at least he's cheap. Brown is delusional. Fuck that guy.

I'm literally ready to see if Geron Christian can do better.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:42 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
can you identify the possessions where the chiefs didn't score because of brown?

no, you can't, because there aren't any. while he wasn't good, he wasn't the reason we lost.

the chiefs were driving to end the game and fumbled

that is why they lost, period

brown should be replaced, though.

How about this one

On the bright side, we can be happy that Orlando Brown Jr hired an idiot, otherwise we’d be angry thinking about having him for 4+ years at $20+M a year every time we saw him do this pic.twitter.com/MQaaCoVOFJ

— RHH & BTB Keas (@YaBoiKeas) December 5, 2022

I can't remember if we ended up scoring but I'm posting this anyway since it makes me mad

This play is designed to get Watson’s route in the back pylon of the endzone. Unfortunately Mahomes has pressure he needs to avoid and has to give up on the play. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/NWGyjVEHd5

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 6, 2022

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:47 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
How about this one

I can't remember if we ended up scoring but I'm posting this anyway since it makes me mad

My God, he is just absolutely awful. I can't even, just wow.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:50 PM 12-06-2022
Seriously, how does this guy watch his film and honestly tell himself he should be a LT in this league?

Not only does he suck, he's goddamn delusional on top of it. Man, thank the lord above Veach did not pay him.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:51 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
My God, he is just absolutely awful. I can't even, just wow.

Yeah if you just watch him in both it's infuriating. The DE doesn't even hand fight Brown lol he has his arms down and still runs directly at Mahomes.

Then to top it off, Brown just appears to straight up give up on the play.

I mean, that's the fucking game right there. You blew it, you fat, slow, raccoon tail-wearing, Uggs-sporting turd ball.
[Reply]
TEX 05:06 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Yeah if you just watch him in both it's infuriating. The DE doesn't even hand fight Brown lol he has his arms down and still runs directly at Mahomes.

Then to top it off, Brown just appears to straight up give up on the play.

I mean, that's the ****ing game right there. You blew it, you fat, slow, raccoon tail-wearing, Uggs-sporting turd ball.
:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:13 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm pretty much just flat out on Brown. I would've taken him at a decent deal before the season, but his stalling, waiting until the last minute to hire a newb agent and thinking he was going to hold The Chiefs' feet to the fire really soured me on him.

On top of that, he's been wildly inconsistent, and sometimes just flat out bad.

Wylie blows goats, but at least he's cheap. Brown is delusional. Fuck that guy.

I'm literally ready to see if Geron Christian can do better.
I was really trying to be open-minded about OBJ, especially once it became evident that we probably would have to sign him before next season, but I have to agree with you at this point. He's not worth anything close to what he's asking. he spent the day yesterday getting beaten by nobodies. JAGs. I would've given him some leeway if that was one of the Watts or the Bosas, but beaten like a drum by the likes of Osai and Hubbard? Even a broke down Eric Fisher would've done better. I'm out.

Just hoping Veach and Andy come up with some solution that doesn't involve keeping OBj at LT next season.
[Reply]
Page 264 of 343
« First < 164214254260261262263264 265266267268274314 > Last »
Up