ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 263 of 333
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273313 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:28 PM 08-12-2023
So did Yost and he’s going into the Royals HoF
[Reply]
tk13 02:37 PM 08-12-2023
Nicky Lopez basically hadn't played since the Braves traded for him. Today was actually the first time they let him hit and he probably had the best game of his career.

Nicky Lopez pitched a scoreless 9th after going 4-for-6 with a homer and 5 RBI.

Unicorn pic.twitter.com/FZJhH8y1eP

— Jomboy Media (@JomboyMedia) August 12, 2023

[Reply]
nychief 02:39 PM 08-12-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
Nicky Lopez basically hadn't played since the Braves traded for him. Today was actually the first time they let him hit and he probably had the best game of his career.

They should put JJ shrugging about the return on Nicky on his fucking headstone. Such apathy. Such incompetence.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:56 PM 08-12-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Tooled up prospect was once No. 15 on the 2021 Baseball Prospectus' top 100 list. His stock has fallen due to off field issues that kept him out due to Visa problems, but he's still only 22. His OPS was .839 this year after not playing in an official game from 2020-22.

He would be the Royals' top prospect if the organization got him.

Did he get those issues taken care of? Why'd he get DFA:d?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 03:09 PM 08-12-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Did he get those issues taken care of? Why'd he get DFA:d?
Beat writers haven't said why.

Speculation here, but here's what I think:

1. Robinson had another screw up (it could even be internally) and the Diamondbacks had enough. His last transaction was getting sent back to the rookie Arizona Complex League, which makes you wonder.

2. The D-Backs are in the pennant race and thought they could no longer keep him protected on their 40-man roster. He's played in the low minors this year. They have their share of young, athletic outfielders, too. He's also comes with some risk, 30% strikeout rate at both Single-A levels. But he also has a double digit walk rate, 70 grade power on Fangraphs and had 7 HR/18 SB in 43 games.

If he's not a total **** up, I think he's worth the shot. His numbers show promise for a guy who hadn't played in an official game since 2019.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:18 PM 08-12-2023
Beat writers haven't said why.

Speculation here, but here's what I think:

1. Robinson had another screw up (it could even be internally) and the Diamondbacks had enough. His last transaction was getting sent back to the rookie Arizona Complex League, which makes you wonder.

2. The D-Backs are in the pennant race and thought they could no longer keep him protected on their 40-man roster. He's played in the low minors this year. They have their share of young, athletic outfielders, too. He's also comes with some risk, 30% strikeout rate at both Single-A levels. But he also has a double digit walk rate, 70 grade power on Fangraphs and had 7 HR/18 SB in 43 games.

If he's not a total **** up, I think he's worth the shot. His numbers show promise for a guy who hadn't played in an official game since 2019.

What type of issues was he having? Like being a shit head or what? I guess I could read the article, but I'll just make you work lol
[Reply]
Ocotillo 03:20 PM 08-12-2023
What type of issues was he having? Like being a shit head or what? I guess I could read the article, but I'll just make you work lol
From MLB Trade Rumors:

His career has been in limbo for the past few years for legal reasons. Robinson pled guilty to what was initially a felony assault charge stemming from an April 2020 incident with a law enforcement officer. (Zach Buchanan of the Athletic wrote in 2021 that Robinson said he’d been amidst a mental health crisis at the time.) As part of the plea agreement, Robinson’s charge was to be reduced to a misdemeanor if he successfully completed 18 months of probation without incident. In the interim, having a felony on his record prevented him from renewing a work visa that would allow him to continue to participate in minor league games. Robinson had been permitted to partake in extended Spring Training workouts but could not play in official games.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:20 PM 08-12-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
So did Yost and he’s going into the Royals HoF
Yost fell out of tree and was 60+ years old. Passan had a branch crush him lol. Yost almost killed himself, not a tree.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:21 PM 08-12-2023
From MLB Trade Rumors:

His career has been in limbo for the past few years for legal reasons. Robinson pled guilty to what was initially a felony assault charge stemming from an April 2020 incident with a law enforcement officer. (Zach Buchanan of the Athletic wrote in 2021 that Robinson said he’d been amidst a mental health crisis at the time.) As part of the plea agreement, Robinson’s charge was to be reduced to a misdemeanor if he successfully completed 18 months of probation without incident. In the interim, having a felony on his record prevented him from renewing a work visa that would allow him to continue to participate in minor league games. Robinson had been permitted to partake in extended Spring Training workouts but could not play in official games.
That makes sense. 100% take a shot on this dude, JJ!
[Reply]
Ocotillo 03:33 PM 08-12-2023
That makes sense. 100% take a shot on this dude, JJ!
The D-Backs can't trade him because he's on the 40-man roster and it's past the trade deadline, so he's either going to get claimed by another club or be sent back down to the minors.

The Royals would technically have the No. 2 waiver priority behind the A's, but I think it reset and they went back to the bottom when they claimed Joe Barlow off waivers from the Rangers.

From MLB.com

If a club has already previously claimed a player on outright waivers in a given year, the club’s claiming priority will be moved to last among the 30 clubs.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:41 PM 08-12-2023
The D-Backs can't trade him because he's on the 40-man roster and it's past the trade deadline, so he's either going to get claimed by another club or be sent back down to the minors.

The Royals would technically have the No. 2 waiver priority behind the A's, but I think it reset and they went back to the bottom when they claimed Joe Barlow off waivers from the Rangers.

From MLB.com

If a club has already previously claimed a player on outright waivers in a given year, the club’s claiming priority will be moved to last among the 30 clubs.
Shit that sucks ass.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 04:04 PM 08-12-2023
Shit that sucks ass.
I misread that. I'm sure Royals are still pretty high. I would bet every team or close to every team has claimed at least one player off waivers this season. I'd have to research it.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 04:17 PM 08-12-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:

That is awesome,i'm glad for Nicky,i thought he's a good dude when he was here. It probably helps to hit with all that talent around him.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:56 PM 08-12-2023
Cuas trade had been a win
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:07 PM 08-12-2023
Fucking Dayton Moore's shitty shitty pitchers. Frank Mozzicato is now 20 and getting absolutely shellacked in high A, so far with a 11.72 ERA in 5 starts. Ben Kudrna hasn't been as awful (6.27 ERA), but he's just getting worse and worse.

Just amazing to me the amount of draft picks that stupid motherfucker used on pitchers and our cupboard is absolutely bare. The guy just had no fucking clue what he was doing when he came to drafting and developing pitchers. So many issues from prospects in the minors with how they were being handled. Thank God that idiot is gone.
[Reply]
Page 263 of 333
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273313 > Last »
Up