« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 09:07 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Moore's been a disappointment, for sure. Not nearly enough production.

People burying him as a 'not an NFL player' is kind of ridiculous.

It's possible to separate being disappointed from hyperbole.

It's been a season and a half. There's still time for him to be a contributor.
What he's put on the field thus far, isn't NFL worthy as a WR.

Maybe that changes going forward, I'm skeptical, but it's possible.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:21 AM 11-28-2023
Skyy has been the most disappointing high draft pick since Breeland Speaks. His career has netted next to nothing, if not a negative.

If anything it shows that Veach is mortal just like any other GM. But to Veach's credit, when he missed on Clyde, he did hit it pretty big with Gay, Sneed and Danna as well as drafting Pacheco to replace him.

Likewise, Veach hit a home run draft despite missing on Skyy and seems to have found a good weapon in Rice a year later.
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 11-28-2023
It was the same situation as Speaks. They missed the WR run and apparently panicked and took the last one left.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:29 AM 11-28-2023

He’s 30 games into his career… and has shown nothing.

For a second round pick that is a bust.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:35 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
It was the same situation as Speaks. They missed the WR run and apparently panicked and took the last one left.
I wonder if it's that, or if they just liked Moore the way they like a lot of undersized shifty guys.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:38 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
That happened this year. Same exact situation. We even traded up for Rice like we did for Speaks.

They hit on the character this time where they missed it badly on Speaks
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
are we really going with the "I told you he was good" line regarding Skyy because he had 3 catches for 30 yards? It was probably the best game of his career but come on.
He's been on the Frank Clark grading scale since the pick was made.

10 games of abject shit? Hand-waived. 1 game of mediocrity - HE'S LOOKED GREAT!

Some guys just get themselves a teflon coating.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 AM 11-28-2023

The guys played 30 NFL games.

There's a line I really liked in a fairly mediocre show called Hell on Wheels and I think it applies here.

"You are not yet an old man, but you are no longer young. I advise you to reflect on what to do next...Your subsequent venture will likely determine the shape of your life."

Skyy ain't some grizzled veteran, but he's not some green noob either. And he's showing nothing out there. For every play he makes, he duffs 2 more.

He's out of runway at this point. The next handful of games are likely going to be dispositive on him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:06 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

There's a line I really liked in a fairly mediocre show called Hell on Wheels and I think it applies here.

"You are not yet an old man, but you are no longer young. I advise you to reflect on what to do next...Your subsequent venture will likely determine the shape of your life."

Skyy ain't some grizzled veteran, but he's not some green noob either. And he's showing nothing out there. For every play he makes, he duffs 2 more.

He's out of runway at this point. The next handful of games are likely going to be dispositive on him.
The question becomes....will Veach cut bait if he shows nothing the rest of the year? Or will he become the next CEH? He'll sit at the bottom of the WR depth chart because of where he was drafted.
[Reply]
Shoes 10:07 AM 11-28-2023
The bar is set so fucking low for this guy that we are talking about how he looked like a contributor with a 3 catch 34 yard performance. Let's revisit those 3 astonishing catches shall we:

-Drag route screen concept on 3rd and 21 goes for 10 yards
-Bubble route where he jukes Marcus Peters' corpse for 18 yards (a nice play)
-6 yard catch

That's a step in the right direction? To me that's the bare minimum we should be expecting from Skyy. This isn't about be right or wrong, it's about the reality of the situation, and that reality is that in a NFL receiving room he should be the 5th/6th receiver on the roster. It's disappointing but it is what it is.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:08 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Skyy has had so many opportunities this year. The WR's in front of him were dropping the ball or injured. He's had more than his fair shot at opportunities and he hasn't done anything.

It's not like Rashee went to a power conference school. He played in the American Athletic Conference. He also hasn't had a full off-season to learn the offense like Skyy did, and yet there he is making a big difference.

He's out of excuses. The disparity between him and Rice couldn't be any more clear at this point. It's talent.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:22 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The question becomes....will Veach cut bait if he shows nothing the rest of the year? Or will he become the next CEH? He'll sit at the bottom of the WR depth chart because of where he was drafted.
And also will the Chiefs stubbornly keep trying to salvage Skyy Moore rather than move on and upgrade from him… as they have been doing with MEHHH.

The “knowledge of the offense” bullshit.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:37 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
And also will the Chiefs stubbornly keep trying to salvage Skyy Moore rather than move on and upgrade from him… as they have been doing with MEHHH.

The “knowledge of the offense” bullshit.
Skyy isn't going anywhere. Shit how long did it take to get rid of Speaks? And he arguably showed less. Unless im completely forgetting something he did.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:42 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Skyy isn't going anywhere. Shit how long did it take to get rid of Speaks?
2 seasons IIRC.

Not that i think Skyy is going anywhere next year.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:43 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
2 seasons IIRC.

Not that i think Skyy is going anywhere next year.
That must have been a long two seasons. It seemed like 3 and then he was injured. But remember that time he almost sacked brady?
[Reply]
Page 263 of 280
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273 > Last »
Up