View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 263 of 343
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273313 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
notorious 03:45 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Hah, so true.

Sometimes I'm like "OK, this dude's not bad. Actually he's pretty good." then literally the next week he looks like an UDFA who will wash out of the league by season's end.

It's been a while but I don't remember Fisher's lows ever being this low, though I know he had the opposite issue of Brown and struggled with physical pass rushers.
That injury in the AFC title game didn't just hurt us in the Superbowl, damnit.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:46 PM 12-06-2022
Jesus Christ, after watching that I see no reason whatsoever to even let him finish the season as the starter. Give Geron Christian a goddamn chance, there's no way in hell he'd be any worse. I don't care what his opinion is of himself just because his dad is a hall of famer, he is absolutely NOT in the same stratosphere as his old man.

Tell him he can play RT or sit his fat ass on the bench.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:49 PM 12-06-2022
I think that was legit his worst game as a Chief based on efficiency %.
[Reply]
srvy 03:53 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
You are not going to find someone who can give Brown’s level of production as a Day 1 starter in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft. Letting him go and starting over with a project player probably means we accept a downgrade in production at LT for the next year or two, not an upgrade. It’ll either be a journeyman stopgap or a young player who’s not a high level prospect at LT.

People here want that because they simply don’t like Brown and want him gone, but the team won’t evaluate the decision that way. It’ll be a weighing of what Brown will really accept, what options are available in the draft and free agency, the level of risk the team wants to expose Mahomes to, and the prioritization of fixing other holes on the team.

Nobody in real life evaluates with the “can’t be worse / anyone would be an upgrade” mindset CP has, especially when Mahomes’ health and longevity is a concern.
They are already exposing Patrick to significant risk with a below average pass blocking LT and a Mediocre guard playing RT.

Your point is worthless Brainiac.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:57 PM 12-06-2022
lmao that just last week people were on here talking about how great he was playing

And then he turns in an effort that can only be described as "Cam Erving"

In fact, I'm going to just outright say that he is the sole reason we lost to the Bengals.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:59 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I'm going to just outright say that he is the sole reason we lost to the Bengals.
yes he fumbled on the possession where we had a chance to end the game :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:59 PM 12-06-2022
Downgrade? To what, exactly? Brown is almost as bad as Wylie, who blows goats.

This idea that we must overpay Brown because there's no guaranteed all-pro available is horseshit. Brown is mediocre; we can live with mediocre, we just can't pay premium for it.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:02 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
yes he fumbled on the possession where we had a chance to end the game :-)

One fumble doesn't lose a game for you.

Not scoring because your left tackle is a slip 'n slide though...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:04 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Downgrade? To what, exactly? Brown is almost as bad as Wylie, who blows goats.

This idea that we must overpay Brown because there's no guaranteed all-pro available is horseshit. Brown is mediocre; we can live with mediocre, we just can't pay premium for it.
I'd argue he's worse than Wylie. They're literally neck and neck when it comes to pressures allowed and Wylie is typically drawing the tougher assignment.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 04:04 PM 12-06-2022
I'm out on this fat fuck. Veach could sign a journeyman for pennies on the dollar and get the same performance or better.

Plug in a rookie next year and let him learn on the job, idgaf.

Toss a little old lady out there. She'd play for butterscotch candies and would be about as effective as OBJ.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:06 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'd argue he's worse than Wylie. They're literally neck and neck when it comes to pressures allowed and Wylie is typically drawing the tougher assignment.
Wiley is a hell of a lot cheaper. Both of them are in the bottom 15% of the league when it comes to protecting the QB. If you're going to perform like this, you better be a pretty cheap player. Surely in the future they can find someone with similar performance to Orlando that won't cost north of $20 million per year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:06 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I'm out on this fat fuck. Veach could sign a journeyman for pennies on the dollar and get the same performance or better.

Plug in a rookie next year and let him learn on the job, idgaf.

Toss a little old lady out there. She'd play for butterscotch candies and would be about as effective as OBJ.
That would be cheating. The lil old lady would offer the EDGEs those butterscotches before every snap, and those guys love candy. That's a flag on every snap.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:07 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
One fumble doesn't lose a game for you.

Not scoring because your left tackle is a slip 'n slide though...
can you identify the possessions where the chiefs didn't score because of brown?

no, you can't, because there aren't any. while he wasn't good, he wasn't the reason we lost.

the chiefs were driving to end the game and fumbled

that is why they lost, period

brown should be replaced, though.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:07 PM 12-06-2022
It's almost like he's more effective when the bring 4 or 5. Like the spacing of a 3 man front exposes him on a bigger island.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:08 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
can you identify the possessions where the chiefs didn't score because of brown?

no, you can't, because there aren't any. while he wasn't good, he wasn't the reason we lost.

the chiefs were driving to end the game and fumbled

that is why they lost, period

brown should be replaced, though.
Wut? He killed the go ahead drive on 3rd.
[Reply]
Page 263 of 343
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273313 > Last »
Up