ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 263 of 3903
« First < 163213253259260261262263 2642652662672733133637631263 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Why Not? 10:44 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
What does this accomplish? Not saying it isn’t a good idea, just trying to figure out what the net result is to have a curfew (presumably at night). I guess it will further depress bars and strip clubs...
All the Bars have been ordered to shut down or serve to go food orders only.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:54 PM 03-14-2020
Working from home is the greatest invention since sliced bread....hell, I have sharp enough knives, I can slice my own, it's better than sliced bread. I set my computer up before I go to bed at night. Set my alarm for 5 minutes before time to login. Come downstairs in my shorts and tshirt. Work all day with the TV on in the background. Attend a few conference calls when needed. Totally wouldn't mind it if the boss said we were going to mandatory work from home. Right now we're only allowed to do it twice a week.
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 10:55 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Canada / US border being closed soon.
You know things have gotten serious if Mexico closes the boarder with the US!
[Reply]
SupDock 10:56 PM 03-14-2020

Graphs are useful but to really get what that rising curve is, have a look at the obituaries page of this Bergamo daily newspaper, comparing one from February with one from now pic.twitter.com/78mgZseyVt

— Ben Phillips (@benphillips76) March 14, 2020

Powerful
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:26 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
Keep telling you to move down here
What? You've never once told me to move down there. You don't even want to be there.
[Reply]
007 11:33 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
What? You've never once told me to move down there. You don't even want to be there.
Wow you do have a short memory
[Reply]
SPchief 11:35 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’ve been doing remote work for 6/7 years. Way better than fighting traffic.
Thanks for this relevant, valuable post.
[Reply]
SPchief 11:46 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Oh hell, it just dawned on me that Omaha's $130M baseball stadium that only gets used for two weeks out of the year, may not even get used for that two weeks this year. I'm sure the city will increase taxes yet again because of it as well.
The O Royals don't play there? Or the Huskers? Not that it matters because they're also cancelled. Just wondering. Do they still play at Rosenblat?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:48 PM 03-14-2020
TLO I have the same anxiety and I also have OCD message me if you need someone to talk to bro.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:57 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SPchief:
The O Royals don't play there? Or the Huskers? Not that it matters because they're also cancelled. Just wondering. Do they still play at Rosenblat?
Nope. The Blat is now part of the Zoo.
They did keep Home plate
Whats left of the Royals farm team, now plays at a ball field out on HYW 370.. About 120th and 370 if you know Omaha metro?
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:02 AM 03-15-2020
Some interesting data from the CDC is leading some to report that we may have been visited by this and mis-attributed cases to the flu that were really Corona. Combined with how it is spreading this person (quoting some gov sources) seems to think a lot of people have already had the Corona virus. Not sure if the increases are more due to having fewer tests early on the positively ID Corona but the spike in cases attributed to the flu in Dec and Jan are interesting.

Check out the spike in flu in Washington in the fall. pic.twitter.com/EoZK4iJvjS

— Justin Hart (@justin_hart) March 15, 2020

[Reply]
kcxiv 12:08 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Health anxiety (GAD and Panic DIsorder) combined with OCD is a bitch.

I wish I could turn it off and unplug, I just can't bring myself to do it.
hehe, what i do when mine gets really bad, i put in a video game (if you dont game, now's ag real time) and play a game that doesnt let your mind wonder off and you always have to be focusing on the task at hand. It helps when the panic kicks in. like Anxiety is bad, but you can manage, when its high anxiety it sucks, but when it turns into that panic attack, thats when you just hold the fuck on til the adrenaline runs its course. But like i said, gaming helps. For me Street Fighter is a god send.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:18 AM 03-15-2020

I know Tommy’s friend too. He’s young, strong, healthy. And this thing has really knocked him down. Please take it seriously. https://t.co/MrIEwUec0a

— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) March 15, 2020

[Reply]
dlphg9 12:28 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So he had TB and lung problems? Doesn't sound like a guy that is too healthy to me. Also what's the anti malaria medicine for? That literally doesn't make sense. Also half the shit on social media is a lie.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:28 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by SPchief:
Creighton does play there but that hardly counts since the only time they draw more than 30 people is when they play their series with the Huskers.

It was built to NCAA specifications for the CWS and nothing else.
[Reply]
Page 263 of 3903
« First < 163213253259260261262263 2642652662672733133637631263 > Last »
Up