ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 262 of 324
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
notorious 11:03 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
SO IT TURNS OUT THAT THIS GUY IS TRULY A GIGANTIC PIECE OF SHIT!!!!
THERE WAS NEVER A DOUBT!!!!
[Reply]
RunKC 11:08 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Andy Reid is too good of an offensive mind, and Mahomes is too good of a QB, for all the young talent in that WR room to disappoint.

I'm just not concerned even though I have no issue acknowledging that the WR room is unproven today.
Andy Reid was producing a top offense with Donovan McNabb throwing to Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, Greg Lewis and James Thrash.

It's crazy that people forget this. Andy is that fucking good man
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:09 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
SO IT TURNS OUT THAT THIS GUY IS TRULY A GIGANTIC PIECE OF SHIT!!!!
Some of us caught on to this sooner than others…..
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:10 AM 07-17-2023
Anyone done a wellness check on MegaMoron??
[Reply]
Mecca 11:15 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Andy Reid was producing a top offense with Donovan McNabb throwing to Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, Greg Lewis and James Thrash.

It's crazy that people forget this. Andy is that fucking good man
I don't think the team is going to suck, the issue is with the other top teams your margins are razor thin, that's all.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:21 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
That's a myth. Maclin and Jackson both got a huge amount of work as rookies. Hardman was behind Hill, Kelce, and Watkins at the very least for touches and Moore had his confidence cratered being thrown out on PR duty when he was wholly unsuited for it.
Basically 3 players including Hill in 22 years as a head coach lol. And all 3 of them were elite talent with Hill being a unicorn.
[Reply]
neech 11:23 AM 07-17-2023
Well DeAndre knew he was at the end of his career and was just going somewhere he could make the most money is all.

This shouldn't surprise anyone.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:24 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
We're not going to fall off a cliff, but it's a very CP thing to be overly optimistic about draft picks.

We need someone who can move chains in critical situations like JuJu could. He wasn't completely healthy last year but you look at some of our close games, the SB, Texans game, Titans, later in the season against the Donks - those were his best games. A critical first down changes the outcome a lot of weeks in the NFL.

We don't really have anyone who can definitely fill that role, and we need to replace ~80 receptions and ~1000 yards. The main concern with the team this year might be how we're going to do that.
You should examine the role James played in New York last year. He was "reliable 3rd down chain mover" guy for a worse offense and QB and was highly productive doing it.

And in the only game that Smith-Schuster actually missed, Moore stepped into his snaps in the slot and performed well, picking up multiple key 3rd downs even when matched against an elite DB.

They aren't just relying on Moore to get better and fill that role. They have James as insurance.

I've said it before, I guess I'll keep saying it... James provides excellent insurance for BOTH Toney's role (injury) and Moore's role (Not ready/limited). He's not just a bum.

The Chiefs don't have an obvious or proven answer for filling the Hardman and Smith-Schuster snaps and production. But they have options, depth, and versatility to try and fill them.
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM 07-17-2023
Yeah, the margins are thin. It's a salary capped league. It's just the way it is.

The days of the 80's 90's 9ers and Cowboys are over.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:35 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep. So I went and looked up his stats for last season and I overstated his TD's but he had 57 receptions (70 targets) and 4 TD's. He was the Giants leading WR though in both of those categories. He also had a QB that was middle of the pack in attempts (472) compared to Mahomes 648.
Yeah, and that was on 46 percent of the snap counts.

He's just a perfect complement to Toney and Moore. He has PR skills and change-of-direction skills, and can fill the motion/gadget role if Toney is down. He has reliable hands, good YAC skills, and can separate from the slot, making him a good option to fill the slot role Moore is slated for, which Smith-Schuster handled last year.

They're going to fine at gadget and slot this year, and potentially much, much more than fine.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:14 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, the margins are thin. It's a salary capped league. It's just the way it is.

I think we've got the closest thing you're going to have to that in today's NFL - the best HC, QB, a HOF TE, and one of the best defensive linemen in the league. You aren't going to build the top end of a roster a lot higher than that in the modern cap era and keep it together.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:20 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, and that was on 46 percent of the snap counts.

He's just a perfect complement to Toney and Moore. He has PR skills and change-of-direction skills, and can fill the motion/gadget role if Toney is down. He has reliable hands, good YAC skills, and can separate from the slot, making him a good option to fill the slot role Moore is slated for, which Smith-Schuster handled last year.

They're going to fine at gadget and slot this year, and potentially much, much more than fine.
I went looked up JJSS splits vs Richie James and I would say I was surprised that JJSS had 47 receptions for 1st downs compared to 29 for Richie. But once again we throw the ball alot more than the Giants and as you pointed out he only played 46% of the snaps so I think Richie can definitely fill that role.
[Reply]
TEX 12:20 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Skyy God:
Anyone done a wellness check on MegaMoron??
:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 12:24 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

If you have the best coach/QB combo and a competent GM you're in a great position to dominate.

We've hosted 5 straight AFC Championship games. Went to 3 SB's and won 2. Our floor was actually higher than the Patriots at any 5 year stretch of their dynasty.

They've proven the last 2 years that they are capable of being as dominant as the Patriots. It will not be as long of a dominance due for Andy's age unfortunately.
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:29 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If you have the best coach/QB combo and a competent GM you're in a great position to dominate.

We've hosted 5 straight AFC Championship games. Went to 3 SB's and won 2. Our floor was actually higher than the Patriots at any 5 year stretch of their dynasty.

They've proven the last 2 years that they are capable of being as dominant as the Patriots. It will not be as long of a dominance due for Andy's age unfortunately.
Well let us hope Andy has 5 more in him cuz I feel 10 is out of the question.

Maybe Andy can really rub off onto Nagy's ass cuz we need some magic in Pats later years.
[Reply]
Page 262 of 324
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272312 > Last »
Up