View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 262 of 343
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TEX 05:06 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I don’t want to pay him anything, I want him gone. He sucks at LT for what we need. Taking a pay cut will probably have him even less motivated, and he’s not going to get any better. He is not a LT for a passing offense. Why pay him when he’s still the weak link (besides Wylie).
:-):-):-)
That fat fuck looked so fucking slow and weak yesterday at the worst possible times.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:21 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
The people on this forum who think Orlando Brown is "adequate" or "average" or "decent" or "Good, not great" need a fucking reality check.

As a LEFT TACKLE, you have many different skills to utilize, but getting beat invariably by the SAME EXACT move is binary. You are either good enough or you are not. Orlando Brown is not. It doesn't matter if he is elite at every other job he is asked to do. If you cannot handle a one-on-one speed rusher to the outside, then you cannot play left tackle.

Period.

There aren't gradations to this. It isn't a dimmer switch. It's either on or off. And his is off, permanently. He needs to walk. I'll happily take the third round pick we'll get for him signing elsewhere, package it, and move up for a true LT.
What worries me is that he is very hot/cold. One game he is excellent while the next he is terrible. As such I have no clue what KC is planning for him but I have a feeling he doesn’t walk and signs long term here.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:27 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
What worries me is that he is very hot/cold. One game he is excellent while the next he is terrible. As such I have no clue what KC is planning for him but I have a feeling he doesn’t walk and signs long term here.
Well, he'd have to come down significantly in price for that to happen. Veach may not even be willing to offer him what he did last offseason given the drop in quality of his play. An incredibly strong showing in the playoffs would of course change that but he's done absolutely nothing to show he'd perform different against the likely opponents we'd be facing.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:28 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He's only hot when he faces a below-average pass rusher. He sucks against anyone that can actually threaten the edge.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:29 PM 12-05-2022
Maybe the Dolphins are the ones to find out that Eric Fisher still has stuff left in the tank and we bring him back on a reasonable 2 year deal while we draft and develop a new starter.

Hey, I can dream, right?
[Reply]
tredadda 05:52 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, he'd have to come down significantly in price for that to happen. Veach may not even be willing to offer him what he did last offseason given the drop in quality of his play. An incredibly strong showing in the playoffs would of course change that but he's done absolutely nothing to show he'd perform different against the likely opponents we'd be facing.
Hope you are right.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:52 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
The people on this forum who think Orlando Brown is "adequate" or "average" or "decent" or "Good, not great" need a fucking reality check.

As a LEFT TACKLE, you have many different skills to utilize, but getting beat invariably by the SAME EXACT move is binary. You are either good enough or you are not. Orlando Brown is not. It doesn't matter if he is elite at every other job he is asked to do. If you cannot handle a one-on-one speed rusher to the outside, then you cannot play left tackle.

Period.

There aren't gradations to this. It isn't a dimmer switch. It's either on or off. And his is off, permanently. He needs to walk. I'll happily take the third round pick we'll get for him signing elsewhere, package it, and move up for a true LT.
^
[Reply]
RunKC 01:52 PM 12-06-2022
This is so pathetic. 3 man fucking rushes ruining the play bc Orlando can’t block. Even Wylie was decent on most of the 3 man rushes.

Veach, don’t pay this guy. Not one cent. You can get a rookie and pay Andre Dillard like $6-8 million for this level of play.

Every pass-blocking snap vs Cincy pic.twitter.com/EyjZMnSltv

— Daniel Harms�� (@InHarmsWay19) December 6, 2022

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:14 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is so pathetic. 3 man fucking rushes ruining the play bc Orlando can’t block. Even Wylie was decent on most of the 3 man rushes.

Veach, don’t pay this guy. Not one cent. You can get a rookie and pay Andre Dillard like $6-8 million for this level of play.

I wouldn't offer him anything, just move on.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:16 PM 12-06-2022
Holy shit. Look at how many plays Reid gave him chip help and his man STILL got to Mahomes first.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:05 PM 12-06-2022
geron christian please

This play is designed to get Watson’s route in the back pylon of the endzone. Unfortunately Mahomes has pressure he needs to avoid and has to give up on the play. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/NWGyjVEHd5

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 6, 2022

[Reply]
FringeNC 03:10 PM 12-06-2022
There are games where Orlando Brown looks like he has no business being a LT in the NFL.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:27 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Holy shit. Look at how many plays Reid gave him chip help and his man STILL got to Mahomes first.
this...he is a man with no feet
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:30 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
There are games where Orlando Brown looks like he has no business being a LT in the NFL.
Hah, so true.

Sometimes I'm like "OK, this dude's not bad. Actually he's pretty good." then literally the next week he looks like an UDFA who will wash out of the league by season's end.

It's been a while but I don't remember Fisher's lows ever being this low, though I know he had the opposite issue of Brown and struggled with physical pass rushers.
[Reply]
TEX 03:41 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I wouldn't offer him anything, just move on.
Yep. Proud to say I'm in the original 61 NO votes in this poll... He is not a good fit in our offense nor will he ever be. Square peg in a round hole in this offense. Move on.
[Reply]
Page 262 of 343
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272312 > Last »
Up