ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2615 of 3903
« First < 1615211525152565260526112612261326142615 261626172618261926252665271531153615 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 01:46 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
What kind of mask where you wearing? Both times. Asking for a friend. :-)
That’s pretty fucking cold.

Most of us would love to be working from home during this, but sadly we don’t have that even as an option.
[Reply]
loochy 01:46 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

So if that number is conservatively at 10% of the population, you'd have 30% of it immune which would potentially be enough to combat it via some herd immunity.

Especially when you consider that most people don't do a ton of cross-mingling. In general, people stay within their normal circle of social interaction.
[Reply]
Donger 01:46 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
It doesn't matter what I would have preferred they do....the bottom line is once they lied it turned a ton of people.

And yes, I know that the lie was completely obvious and any fool could see what they were doing....but it did what it did. Enough people didn't trust the government as it was, and then they do that.
Meh, I'd guess those people were already turned.

That being said, how about just using observational skills and common sense? Hopefully, most people can employ those without being told to.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:47 PM 07-15-2020
It doesn't matter what I would have preferred they do....the bottom line is once they lied it turned a ton of people.

And yes, I know that the lie was completely obvious and any fool could see what they were doing....but it did what it did. Enough people didn't trust the government as it was, and then they do that.
^
[Reply]
O.city 01:47 PM 07-15-2020

Just don't lie or try to coddle the population.

Thats the biggest issue i have with it all. Don't treat us like children because you're afraid of what might happen. Give us the info and let the chips fall where they may.
[Reply]
loochy 01:47 PM 07-15-2020
What made it worse was they admitted they lied to prevent said hoarding.

I think it's better that they came clean. A lie on top of another lie is even worse.
[Reply]
O.city 01:48 PM 07-15-2020
Especially when you consider that most people don't do a ton of cross-mingling. In general, people stay within their normal circle of social interaction.
Thats one thing it appears the models messed up. We don't actually intermingle as much as it projected once you start telling people of a pandemic.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:48 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
That’s pretty ****ing cold.

Most of us would love to be working from home during this, but sadly we don’t have that even as an option.
Really? That's cold? You mean like how several of you constantly accuse me of not caring about old people or not caring if people die and question how many people I am "willing to kill"?

Cold like that?

That's not how it was intended and sorry if that's how you took it. But maybe now you got a taste of what I deal with from a lot of you. Then again, maybe not. Or maybe you don't care. :-)

P.S. I haven't worked from home for the last month +.
[Reply]
Donger 01:49 PM 07-15-2020
I'll bite and pretty much know how this will play out but here goes.

They came down the curve really quickly. There's something with 20 percent serology and as we're finding out now, there's a certain amount that don't show up with serology as they knock it out with an innate response (T cells) or have some cross immunity and don't become infected.

So if that number is conservatively at 10% of the population, you'd have 30% of it immune which would potentially be enough to combat it via some herd immunity.
Yes, they did. In less than a month. Seems like a rather short time frame to acquire herd immunity. And even if that 30% speculative number is accurate, as you know, that far below what epidemiologists say is required.

I think it much more likely that saw the horrible rise in cases and deaths, slammed the doors shut, everyone masked and they are reopening with a phased approach based on numbers and data, not want.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:50 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The idea of radiation itself or the dosage?
The effects of radiation are stochastic, meaning that there isn't a linear relationship between absorbed dose and risk. Although this fractionated dose is lower than what you'd get in radiation therapy, the long term risks are not well established, and for a disease with a comparatively low mortality, the risk of secondary malignancies shouldn't be overlooked, especially in younger patients. This was also a Phase I trial, which is a bit odd with radiation because you can't truly assess safety for years, and this information was compiled in weeks.
[Reply]
O.city 01:50 PM 07-15-2020
I'll trade jobs with you fuckers and you can come be in 30 peoples mouths per day.
[Reply]
kgrund 01:50 PM 07-15-2020
Based on what I have read, one thing not discussed enough is the fact the PCR test that is utilized to detect the virus is incapable of ascertaining whether the virus is actually active and capable of transmitting or fragments of the virus that has been defeated by the immune response of the person being tested and therefore of no concern. This has led many to conclude the asymptomatic carriers are actually people that are immune to the virus and hence explains why they are not sick. It is possible we are largely keeping tallies of immune healthy people.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:51 PM 07-15-2020
I think it's better that they came clean. A lie on top of another lie is even worse.
Yep. That's why I listen to Fauci but I don't hold what he says as gospel like several do. His track record on this virus for whatever reasons has been less than stellar. He has literally had to flip-flop on every take he made and I understand that some of that is unavoidable.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:52 PM 07-15-2020
Really? That's cold? You mean like how several of you constantly accuse me of not caring about old people or not caring if people die and question how many people I am "willing to kill"?

Cold like that?

That's not how it was intended and sorry if that's how you took it. But maybe now you got a taste of what I deal with from a lot of you. Then again, maybe not. Or maybe you don't care. :-)

P.S. I haven't worked from home for the last month +.
We tell you that because you refuse to have any critical thinking skills and continue to spew a lot of bullshit in here.

PS- I haven’t worked from home ever and have worked alongside positive staff and patients daily.
[Reply]
eDave 01:52 PM 07-15-2020
I'll trade jobs with you fuckers and you can come be in 30 peoples mouths per day.
Wut?
[Reply]
Page 2615 of 3903
« First < 1615211525152565260526112612261326142615 261626172618261926252665271531153615 > Last »
Up