ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 261 of 300
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:03 PM 03-19-2024
Unsurprisingly, Self’s words were entirely for the committee and seeding purposes over the past week. The only question now is whether this season ends with Samford or Gonzaga now because they obviously won’t be getting any further with just 4 high major D1 caliber players.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:06 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Unsurprisingly, Self’s words were entirely for the committee and seeding purposes over the past week. The only question now is whether this season ends with Samford or Gonzaga now because they obviously won’t be getting any further with just 4 high level D1 caliber players.
In Selfs mind he 100% thinks Kevin should, could and was going to play.

Kevin quit. Plain and simple. Selfs latest quote illustrates that. He is none to pleased. Placing the onus entirely on Kevin.

If we are going to do NIL we need contracts so players dont quit and decide to stop playing in postseason games. Same shit happens in college football and it is sickening. Embarrassing really after being on a team all year. No heart or respect to ones teammates.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:07 PM 03-19-2024
At least we can all count on Jalon Daniels being completely healthy next season for football.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:08 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Fair or not, McCullar will probably have one of the worst reputations amongst KU fans of any really good player we’ve had.
He thinks he has some kind of NBA future to protect. He doesn’t at all and will almost certainly come to regret the decision down the road but I imagine he’s getting pressured to make this decision by the team around him. Nature of college sports these days.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:10 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
In Selfs mind he 100% thinks Kevin should, could and was going to play.

Kevin quit. Plain and simple. Selfs latest quote illustrates that. He is none to pleased. Placing the onus entirely on Kevin.

If we are going to do NIL we need contracts so players dont quit and decide to stop playing in postseason games. Same shit happens in college football and it is sickening. Embarrassing really after being on a team all year. No heart or respect to ones teammates.
Self was going to say they were 100% healthy for seeding purposes regardless of what their status was, that was always obvious and that was my point.

As far as McCullar’s decision, I get it but criticism of it is fair game.
[Reply]
DJay23 06:11 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'd like a show of hands who actually read all of KCC's post.
Nope. I don't know at this point if it's a schtick (if so, it's old, move on) or if he really believes all of that. But I can't live my life only thinking about worst case scenarios.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:12 PM 03-19-2024
I bet it won’t be long before a football player decides to sit out the College Football Playoffs.
[Reply]
DJay23 06:13 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He thinks he has some kind of NBA future to protect. He doesn’t at all and will almost certainly come to regret the decision down the road but I imagine he’s getting pressured to make this decision by the team around him. Nature of college sports these days.
That's my read as well. It's a shame for us as fans, but from his perspective I understand the decision.

It just reminds me that I'm getting older that I can remember a day when guys used to play for their coach, teammates, school, and then themselves.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:16 PM 03-19-2024
Which player will you remember most fondly?

McCullar
Legerald Vick
Silvio DeSousa
JR Giddens
CJ Giles
[Reply]
BWillie 06:17 PM 03-19-2024
Which player will you remember most fondly?

McCullar
Legerald Vick
Silvio DeSousa
JR Giddens
CJ Giles
Vick
[Reply]
Pablo 06:17 PM 03-19-2024
I bet it won’t be long before a football player decides to sit out the College Football Playoffs.
And we'll get to listen to pundits say things like "This kid has a chance to secure generational wealth for his family at the next level, why should anyone blame him for protecting that interest instead of going after some silly natty???"
[Reply]
BWillie 06:20 PM 03-19-2024
I will be actively rooting for McCullar to fail at the next level. I always cheer for former Jayhawks in the pros but won't be for Kevin McQuitlar Jr
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:25 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Nope. I don't know at this point if it's a schtick (if so, it's old, move on) or if he really believes all of that. But I can't live my life only thinking about worst case scenarios.
I didn’t make a prediction or give a worst case scenario. I gave a rundown of Samford’s strengths and how they match up against this particular team. It’s up to you whether you choose to believe they are a threat or not (in my mind, though, this team could always clearly lose to them and that is especially the case now without McCullar).

Now, full disclosure, I tentatively had KU advancing to the S16 and no further in my bracket. It’s just about imposssible to imagine them doing that now though, so I think I’ll be making some revisions…
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 06:25 PM 03-19-2024
I appreciate KCCs posting ITT he answers my retarded questions and is nice about it
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:25 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I will be actively rooting for McCullar to fail at the next level. I always cheer for former Jayhawks in the pros but won't be for Kevin McQuitlar Jr
What’s the next level? Are you going to be actively following his games in Turkey?
[Reply]
Page 261 of 300
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271 > Last »
Up