View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 261 of 343
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:11 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
There is no way on this planet you pay him top money.

If he ask for a contract that's more in line with a 10-15 best LT in the league, that's more like it.
I don’t want to pay him anything, I want him gone. He sucks at LT for what we need. Taking a pay cut will probably have him even less motivated, and he’s not going to get any better. He is not a LT for a passing offense. Why pay him when he’s still the weak link (besides Wylie).
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:13 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I'm still honestly not sure why everyone is so against putting him there full time. Andy mentioned him when Brown was holding out, so you know it's in the back of his mind as a worst case scenario next year. Much easier (and cheaper) to find a LG than a LT.

Not saying this is the ideal result, but if it comes down to overpaying Brown or moving Thuney over, there's no question which option is for the best.
Well one reason to leave Thuney at LG is it's a plan B for if your LT goes down mid season. If Thuney is starting at LT, the plan B takes a hit.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:21 PM 12-05-2022
Thuney's cap hit is $22M next year. That does look like a Left Tackle salary.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:21 PM 12-05-2022
Pressures per pass block.

Creed Humphrey 2.5% (8th out of 25 centers)
Joe Thuney 3.1% (15th out of 45 guards)
Trey Smith 4.8% (27th out of 45 guards)
Wylie 7.4% (46th out of 54 tackles)
Orlando Brown Jr. 7.4% (47th out of 54 tackles)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:22 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
9-3 currently. 2 SB’s, AFC championship game at worst every year of his regime.

So terrible
That’s Mahomes/Reid. Veach has proven unreliable at getting us tackles, or pass rushers. And I’m not talking Dunlap or Ingram. I’m talking guys who are more than one year starters. He’s great at finding corners, and did a great job with Creed and Trey, but still rolling out Wylie and OBJ with them being the 2 worst tackles in the league by pressure. Whoever our scouts are that focus on OT, and DE fucking suck.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:25 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That team looks like it has an awful lot of holes to me to do stuff like that, but okay.

I still disagree that we simply have no viable choice but to vastly overpay a mediocre LT in Brown.

What does it matter that he's 26 if he's fairly lousy? Yay, we can get ten years of mediocre play out of him!

I mean I just do not see it at all.

Paying Brown when we wouldn't pay Hill makes no sense.
It might have some holes, but they'll be fine. If they restructure Clark and Alexander, they can get up to 24m in space immediately and a RFA 1st tender is only 6 million for a starting RT that can also play LT for you.

They aren't going to let him go, no way. I definitely wish though.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:25 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
What's the hit if we cut him? Because if we pay Brown there's no way they can keep Thuney at that number.

I just can't see any way in hell to make a Brown deal work without losing a far superior player at another position, and he's just not worth that. He's just not, under any circumstance.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:29 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
What's the hit if we cut him? Because if we pay Brown there's no way they can keep Thuney at that number.

I just can't see any way in hell to make a Brown deal work without losing a far superior player at another position, and he's just not worth that. He's just not, under any circumstance.
For 2023, the dead cap on Thuney is $35M before June. If they let him go after June, the dead cap is over $21M. Might as well keep him in 2023 with a regular cap hit of $22M. Thuney's dead cap numbers are a lot better for the team in 2024.
[Reply]
nicksdad 04:29 PM 12-05-2022
So Veach making an effort on tackles and failing is actually a plus ? Are you hiring ? I have been looking for a boss who cares about effort in lieu of results for my whole working life. Obj and Niang equals fail
[Reply]
RunKC 04:31 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It won’t matter if we get rid of Brown Jr. he’s be the only one making real money.

I think the Chiefs need to sign Andre Dillard for cheap and draft a tackle in the first rd
[Reply]
notorious 04:37 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I don’t want to pay him anything, I want him gone. He sucks at LT for what we need. Taking a pay cut will probably have him even less motivated, and he’s not going to get any better. He is not a LT for a passing offense. Why pay him when he’s still the weak link (besides Wylie).
You will get no argument from me.

The gall that he and his agent have asking for big money. Fuck them both, that's insane.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:51 PM 12-05-2022
The people on this forum who think Orlando Brown is "adequate" or "average" or "decent" or "Good, not great" need a fucking reality check.

As a LEFT TACKLE, you have many different skills to utilize, but getting beat invariably by the SAME EXACT move is binary. You are either good enough or you are not. Orlando Brown is not. It doesn't matter if he is elite at every other job he is asked to do. If you cannot handle a one-on-one speed rusher to the outside, then you cannot play left tackle.

Period.

There aren't gradations to this. It isn't a dimmer switch. It's either on or off. And his is off, permanently. He needs to walk. I'll happily take the third round pick we'll get for him signing elsewhere, package it, and move up for a true LT.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:57 PM 12-05-2022
Move on from OBJ, I don't want him protecting Patrick.
[Reply]
TEX 04:57 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
The people on this forum who think Orlando Brown is "adequate" or "average" or "decent" or "Good, not great" need a ****ing reality check.

As a LEFT TACKLE, you have many different skills to utilize, but getting beat invariably by the SAME EXACT move is binary. You are either good enough or you are not. Orlando Brown is not. It doesn't matter if he is elite at every other job he is asked to do. If you cannot handle a one-on-one speed rusher to the outside, then you cannot play left tackle.

Period.

There aren't gradations to this. It isn't a dimmer switch. It's either on or off. And his is off, permanently. He needs to walk. I'll happily take the third round pick we'll get for him signing elsewhere, package it, and move up for a true LT.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:58 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
You will get no argument from me.

The gall that he and his agent have asking for big money. **** them both, that's insane.
"Agent"

lol
[Reply]
Page 261 of 343
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271311 > Last »
Up