ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 260 of 324
« First < 160210250256257258259260 261262263264270310 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 10:38 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
JJSS was at the very least a proven reliable NFL commodity.
JJSS put up 200 ish more yards than Richie James last year on 24 more receptions. I'd say James is proven enough.
[Reply]
loochy 10:39 AM 07-17-2023
At least he's not on the Bills or on a real rival team.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:39 AM 07-17-2023
And James actually found the end zone. For all this talk about how 'reliable' JJSS was, he got in 3 times all season. That's actually pretty lousy for the #1 guy.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:39 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Always a good idea to decide on a player's utility via the size of his paycheck...
That's how it gets perceived, it's why a bunch of people think Watson will make the team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 AM 07-17-2023
No one's being a drama queen, it's a perfectly reasonable conversation to say the WR room has questions everywhere.
Every team has questions. Ours has fewer than most, if not ALL of them.

And the one area where we have the most questions A) Has some really nice possible answers and B) Is the area on this team that the baddest man on the planet can do the most to help out.

It's a cap league - teams are SUPPOSED to have questions. But we're not appreciably worse off than we were a year ago when won the 'ship.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:40 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
JJSS put up 200 ish more yards than Richie James last year on 24 more receptions. I'd say James is proven enough.
Out of curiosity if they are that close why did one get a pretty substantial contract and the other get next to nothing, it's a fair question I think.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:41 AM 07-17-2023

And the one area where we have the most questions A) Has some really nice possible answers and B) Is the area on this team that the baddest man on the planet can do the most to help out.

It's a cap league - teams are SUPPOSED to have questions. But we're not appreciably worse off than we were a year ago when won the 'ship.
And I'm not saying it won't largely be a non issue or anything like that, just on paper going into the year we probably come in at like 26 or 27 at WR in the league currently.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:41 AM 07-17-2023
No one's being a drama queen, it's a perfectly reasonable conversation to say the WR room has questions everywhere.
Sure, Jan.

James is only a PR.

Can't project a big year 2 jump for Moore.

Rice won't play, even though everybody else is unreliable or shit.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:41 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They rebuilt at OL, were a contender

Rebuilt at WR, were a contender, won a SB.

Rebuilt the secondary, were a contender, won a SB.

I guess I'm not really getting the issue.
Yes, KC is still a contender. But isn't much of a margin or a lot of guarantees in the NFL.

If Toney is spending a lot if time injured, that can put more pressure on Kelce to stay in the game when you would rather see him do more load management.

Can Mahomes win with basically JAGs at WR. Yes, but he also takes more hits in order to do so and again the margin for winning gets reduced.

Sure, these are great problems to have compared to 31 other NFL teams.

But I rather suspect that Toney's health for the post season is going to be big, big, story line for a very good reason.

Ah, what am saying? Of course KC will just waltz into another SB appearance...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:43 AM 07-17-2023

Think we're positioned quite well comparatively to this point last year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:43 AM 07-17-2023
Start praying that Skyy Moore is ready to be a somebody and Richie James is more than a punt returner.
lol, I'll probably just enjoy the season and watching them contend for another AFCCG appearance like they have every year Mahomes has started..... despite bad defense, or a bad offensive line, or more bad defense, or a few weeks where everything went wrong, or no Tyreek, or high ankle sprains, or the NFL being against the Chiefs at every turn, or....
[Reply]
staylor26 10:44 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Think we're positioned quite well comparatively to this point last year.
I don't know how this isn't the consensus.

It's a young group, but much more talented and more depth, along with Toney and Moore being in year 2.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
lol, I'll probably just enjoy the season and watching them contend for another AFCCG appearance like they have every year Mahomes has started..... despite bad defense, or a bad offensive line, or more bad defense, or a few weeks where everything went wrong, or no Tyreek, or high ankle sprains, or the NFL being against the Chiefs at every turn, or....
"Start praying" but he isn't being a drama Queen :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:45 AM 07-17-2023
Right? When did Richie James turn into some POS bit of roster fodder? Guy has a really nice season last year with a QB who simply can't throw it where he aims. He gets outstanding separation and has plenty of NFL experience. The tools are there for him to be quite good and if he's nothing BUT who he was last season, he's still awfully valuable.
Yep. So I went and looked up his stats for last season and I overstated his TD's but he had 57 receptions (70 targets) and 4 TD's. He was the Giants leading WR though in both of those categories. He also had a QB that was middle of the pack in attempts (472) compared to Mahomes 648.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:47 AM 07-17-2023
Always a good idea to decide on a player's utility via the size of his paycheck...
I mean, I prefer to maximize production per unit of salary cap allocation.

Some guys/gals think expensive is automatically better, tho.
[Reply]
Page 260 of 324
« First < 160210250256257258259260 261262263264270310 > Last »
Up