ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 260 of 313
« First < 160210250256257258259260 261262263264270310 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
Dante84 11:06 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’d switch Kaindoh and Saunders. Kaindoh won’t be cut, but he could end up on the practice squad. Andy has praised Saunders a few times. I think Saunders also got the start against the Cardinals too, right?
I think you have to first be cut and make it through waivers to make it to the Practice Squad, and I was thinking that there's no way they cut a 4th rounder they traded up for.

I think Saunders is like 80-85% likely to make it, but with the spots so few this year, i put him in that probable group.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:07 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by MGRS13:
Key makes it.
I think it's about 70% on Key. Ideal practice squad player, but I don't think they put him through waivers either. We'll see!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:11 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I think you have to first be cut and make it through waivers to make it to the Practice Squad, and I was thinking that there's no way they cut a 4th rounder they traded up for.

I think Saunders is like 80-85% likely to make it, but with the spots so few this year, i put him in that probable group.
Yeah you’re right. Good point.

I’d still move Saunders to the Lock team though.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:15 AM 08-23-2021

Andy Reid said it was a tough decision to cut Taco Charlton, mentioning that younger defensive ends had performed better.

“I hope he hooks on somewhere,” Reid said of Charlton.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) August 23, 2021

[Reply]
Direckshun 11:24 AM 08-23-2021
I'm surprised by four of the five names released!

Anthony Gordon you kinda figured -- Buechele has made some sick throws this camp/preseason.

But I figured Parks was their backstop in case all these experiments they're running with Devon Key/Zayne Anderson/Juan Thornhill/Armani Watts fell apart. Clearly it means the Chiefs think they have some talent in that foursome -- possibly in all four. Watts has been playing with the 1s on special teams, and the other three have all gotten occasional reps with the 1s on defense.

Taco surprises me too, given that he and Frank Clark are essentially the only DEs who can go get their own sacks. The Chiefs clearly love Danna and have enough faith in Okafor, and are clearly bullish on Chris Jones at DE and continue to like Ward and Kaindoh as developmental talents. That said, I still think Taco would have made the team had he been healthy. Reid's compliments of Taco may suggest they could bring him back whenever Okafor goes down, as we all know will definitely happen.

Riley Cole made some noise for himself in the first preseason game, and Andy Reid has openly admitted that linebacker is a thin position. I figured Cole would get cut eventually, but I didn't think it would be this early. O'Daniel, Cobb, and Harris have clearly separated from him in camp, apparently. Sometimes these early cuts are not the "worst" players on the team but the players with the least chance to make the team.

I was a bit confused by the Witzmann signing, and I thought it was more significant than it was, apparently. Typically when you bring in a no-ceiling known quantity like Witzmann, you have plans for him. Not just for him to be a camp body for two weeks -- typically you reserve that dynamic for the more boom/bust prospects. So I'm not sure what designs they had there, or if they actively did have roster plans for Witzmann but he didn't show up well enough.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:25 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Agree...Kemp out...Fountain and Powell in. With only Tyreek a reliable receiver you can't keep a good Special Teams player over a receiver who can CATCH!
Kemp caught everything so far this year... tough call.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:26 AM 08-23-2021
Guys,

Toub basically picks the 6th receiver, not Reid.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't Kemp.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:27 AM 08-23-2021
Fountain and Kemp in. Powell out.

And it wouldn't be the first time they cut a rookie 4th round pick.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:28 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
We really need a quality #2 WR. I don't know how we get it though.

Can Veach really pull off a trade for a quality WR at this point? Makes you wonder about Julio Jones now. He only played 9 games last year and still got 770 yards.
We're going to need a position here or there the rest of Mahomes' career now that he's not on a rookie contract.

It's fine. We're fine. We'll be fine.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:28 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
3 ST - Butker, Townsend, Winchester
Has a team ever tried to teach a regular center, or some other position player, to be a long-snapper? It seems like such a ripe position to grab an extra roster spot.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:30 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Fountain and Kemp in. Powell out.

And it wouldn't be the first time they cut a rookie 4th round pick.
To expand on that, i think Kemp is the 5th WR. The real battle is between Powell and Fountain. Neither look like ST standouts.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:30 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by ku_jhawk23:
With the way Fountain looked....any chance he makes it? I assume we will keep 6 WR....Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Robinson, Kemp (ST), and Powell. Is there any reason to keep Robinson instead of Fountain? I just can't think of anything Robinson does of value.
Robinson isn't getting cut, nor should he...
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:31 AM 08-23-2021
The pundits seem to think we're trying to hide Powell so we can sneak him onto the practice squad.

Also what's the difference between released and waived?
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:31 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We're going to need a position here or there the rest of Mahomes' career now that he's not on a rookie contract.

It's fine. We're fine. We'll be fine.
I think it's possible that Clyde/McKinnon and Gray/Fortson compensate for the lack of Watkins-production at the WR2.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:32 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Also what's the difference between released and waived?
I think waived means you're subject to waivers.

Released means no waivers.
[Reply]
Page 260 of 313
« First < 160210250256257258259260 261262263264270310 > Last »
Up