ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 260 of 295
« First < 160210250256257258259260 261262263264270 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:49 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think i laid out the mindset of the Chiefs and the state of the team pretty well.

No one was seriously considering a 4th string WR as a realistic option for a 1st round draft pick.
I mean, we can literally go back and look at what position groups the Chiefs were doing the most diligence on going into the 2020 draft. They were CB, DL, and WR. Saying that anybody is just bullshitting when they thought the Chiefs would/should have gone that direction is a bit strange given we know where they were looking, yeah?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:54 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I mean, we can literally go back and look at what position groups the Chiefs were doing the most diligence on going into the 2020 draft. They were CB, DL, and WR. Saying that anybody is just bullshitting when they thought the Chiefs would/should have gone that direction is a bit strange given we know where they were looking, yeah?
Considering they look deep at all the position groups every year?

I don't think you have a strong argument here. Again, context of where this team was at the time, a 1st round 4th string WR wasn't in the cards.

Nobody seriously thought WR was a position of need headed into the 2020 draft. Definitely calling bluff on that one.

That's not to say some of us weren't going, "hey Claypool would look great in the Red N gold", but to say there were hard stans for WR? Naaah.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:58 PM 10-19-2022
Pretty sure that's a top 30 list, though. Kind of have to be choosy at where you're looking with that and it seems they had certain positions in mind.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:59 PM 10-19-2022
Pretty sure that's a top 30 list, though. Kind of have to be choosy at where you're looking with that and it seems they had certain positions in mind.
And then they proceeded to not draft a single WR that year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:03 PM 10-19-2022
That's fine. But the argument here is you think people that wanted to go WR are just spouting off bullshit based on hindsight. I don't think that's a fair assessment given the Chiefs did place a rather heavy emphasis on CB, DL, and WR assessment heading into the draft and that's public knowledge. Hell, we all collectively use the top 30 list as a barometer to who the Chiefs are really interested in damn near every year.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 06:06 PM 10-19-2022
That's fine. But the argument here is you think people that wanted to go WR are just spouting off bullshit based on hindsight. I
Mostly, yeah.

We'll just have to settle on a disagreement here.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:32 PM 10-19-2022
This was brought up in a different thread and isn't meant as a defense of CEH but what is going on with our screen game? Andy loves his cute screens but didn't he used to run normal screens in philly?

Am I misremembering? Why don't we run more basic screens especially in a game like Sunday where it seemed that was an ideal way to combat their defensive ends?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:02 PM 10-19-2022
There's no L to take.

WTF has Swift done? He's statistically worse than CEH.

And the concern with Taylor was always his college workload/wear and tear.

The Colts are now running him into the ground and his production has begun dropping off and his injuries are starting to pile up.

At the time, CEH looked like the perfect match for the Chiefs offense. Ya'll act like Veach, Mahomes and many in the national media didn't see the same damn things Staylor and I did.

CEH hasn't been the star game breaker we had hoped, but he's far from the "bust" chiefs fans want to label him as.

The L is the insecurity. He's the first to note the fact that he made an accurate prediction, now he needs to eat shit when it's pointed out that he made an inaccurate prediction.

CEH is far and away the worst of all the names you've mentioned though. Imagine if Swift and CEH swapped places. Swift would be far more effective in our offense and CEH would.. well, idk, but I highly doubt his numbers would be better.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:08 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But then what would OKchiefs have to bitch about?

You have to forgive him for being such a miserable ****, but it's not like this is the golden age of Chiefs football, so can you blame him?
He was a miserable cunt when the Royals were winning the World Series.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:09 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The L is the insecurity. He's the first to note the fact that he made an accurate prediction, now he needs to eat shit when it's pointed out that he made an inaccurate prediction.

CEH is far and away the worst of all the names you've mentioned though. Imagine if Swift and CEH swapped places. Swift would be far more effective in our offense and CEH would.. well, idk, but I highly doubt his numbers would be better.
Literally said I will own it, but I'm also not going to pretend like most people didn't do the same shit. Not just Chiefs fans either.

CEH was a rookie going in the 1st round of fantasy drafts. The hype was through the roof.

I'm also not going to take shit from people like KChiefs1 and OKchiefs who never make predictions and operate in hindsight 100% of the time :-)
[Reply]
-King- 07:11 PM 10-19-2022
Swift averages .2 YPC more than CEH, yet Swift is a stud and CEH is garbage?

:-)

Mah dudes.....c'mon now.
I don't think Swift is a "stud" but he plays in Detroit. Imagine him playing here where he's never see 8 in a box and actually had a QB worth a damn. Compare playing with Mahomes under Andy Reid to playing with Goff under Matt Patricia and Dan Campbell.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:12 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't think Swift is a "stud" but he plays in Detroit. Imagine him playing here where he's never see 8 in a box and actually had a QB worth a damn. Compare playing with Mahomes under Andy Reid to playing with Goff under Matt Patricia and Dan Campbell.
Detroit has had a really good OL for 2 years now.

Swift's biggest issue is that he can't stay healthy, not his situation.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:15 PM 10-19-2022
Literally said I will own it, but I'm also not going to pretend like most people didn't do the same shit. Not just Chiefs fans either.

CEH was a rookie going in the 1st round of fantasy drafts. The hype was through the roof.

I'm also not going to take shit from people like KChiefs1 and OKchiefs who never make predictions and operate in hindsight 100% of the time :-)

It wasn't an off-the-wall prediction. Like I said, you lost when the idiots dog piled you and you started going back and forth with them lol
[Reply]
staylor26 07:16 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It wasn't an off-the-wall prediction. Like I said, you lost when the idiots dog piled you and you started going back and forth with them lol
Back and forth would imply that they ever have anything to actually say.

They are incapable of original thoughts.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:18 PM 10-19-2022
Detroit has had a really good OL for 2 years now.

Swift's biggest issue is that he can't stay healthy, not his situation.

Generally speaking, so have we when you put a competent RB in the game.

Big difference is, Swift is only going to see six or seven man boxes here. Teams who play us are far more terrified of Mahomes, Kelce, and formerly Hill.
[Reply]
Page 260 of 295
« First < 160210250256257258259260 261262263264270 > Last »
Up