View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 260 of 343
« First < 160210250256257258259260 261262263264270310 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:20 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The constant theme is Veach looking like a fool.
Reid too...they go hand in hand. We can throw Spags in there too with the struggles to build the defensive line roster. All 3 of them have worked together on this stuff and can't seem to figure out the defense, while Andy can't seem to figure out the OL.

It's hilarious that we are desperate for the glory days of Schwartz & Fisher, yet those guys got pushed around in the Super Bowl by the Niners. Both the OL & DL groups have been soft for a long time under Andy's guidance.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:24 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:24 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Reasonable in a vacuum, but this thought is usually followed by the idea we’ll just conjure a replacement up. Who’s the overlooked gem that will be the 4th-5th-6th tackle taken that we will be starting week 1 next year, and will immediately be an upgrade over Brown? Where are we if he isn’t there? How much quality are we going to lose on the 53 if we have to trade up or trade for someone else?

Entirely possible that the best 53 results from paying Brown above market and spending the draft capital on the D-line. Money is fungible but draft picks are much harder to come by, and I’d rather see Brown get a deal I don’t like than us follow the Rams’ path.
Yosh Nijman manned LT for Green Bay for almost a whole season before giving way to their second OT Jenkins. Are they going to pay 3 left tackles? Bahktiari is already insanely expensive.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:37 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Time to use a high pick on a fatty. Hot garbage protecting Pat right now.
What high pick do we have? Did we squirrel away a couple from the 2012 draft?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:38 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Goddamn do I miss this show
[Reply]
kccrow 03:15 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yosh Nijman manned LT for Green Bay for almost a whole season before giving way to their second OT Jenkins. Are they going to pay 3 left tackles? Bahktiari is already insanely expensive.
Jenkins has been playing guard again.

Yes, I think they do at least RFA tender him for a 1st this year and pay him while letting Jenkins walk.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:27 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Can someone send this to Andy?
[Reply]
TLO 03:29 PM 12-05-2022
Let's try Niang and Winnebago
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:40 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Reid too...they go hand in hand. We can throw Spags in there too with the struggles to build the defensive line roster. All 3 of them have worked together on this stuff and can't seem to figure out the defense, while Andy can't seem to figure out the OL.

It's hilarious that we are desperate for the glory days of Schwartz & Fisher, yet those guys got pushed around in the Super Bowl by the Niners. Both the OL & DL groups have been soft for a long time under Andy's guidance.
There's so much fail in this post it's difficult to know where to start.

But I'll start with Schwartz and Fisher. The Niners front four was without question the best in football, and while Fisher struggled somewhat, Schwartz certainly didn't, and anyway that was a period of time where Mahomes was prone to just dropping back...and back...and back and really put his OT's in a bind. Compare to the next year's SB where we had neither Fisher nor Schwartz due to injuries. Not even close to the same thing, or the same results.

Veach TRIED to get Trent Williams, and then pivoted to the next highest rated choice in OBJ, it just hasn't worked out as hoped. He also drafted Niang, who had first round potential but an injury issue, and that too, has not worked out. But it's not like there was no effort made.

Clark was a double digit sack guy entering his prime; and that as well has not worked out largely due to some mysterious stomach ailment, but it's not like an effort wasn't made.

It's easy to complain AFTER the fact, but all of these were reasonable moves with sound logic at the time. Sometimes shit happens. The mark of quality GM's and coaches, in my opinion, is how they pivot.

Everybody is pissed because we lost yesterday, but if you asked any one of us in May if we'd take being 9-3 right now, not a single CP poster would turn that down. We'd have all been gleeful.

Let's try to keep perspective.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:45 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Jenkins has been playing guard again.

Yes, I think they do at least RFA tender him for a 1st this year and pay him while letting Jenkins walk.
That team looks like it has an awful lot of holes to me to do stuff like that, but okay.

I still disagree that we simply have no viable choice but to vastly overpay a mediocre LT in Brown.

What does it matter that he's 26 if he's fairly lousy? Yay, we can get ten years of mediocre play out of him!

I mean I just do not see it at all.

Paying Brown when we wouldn't pay Hill makes no sense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:46 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
Let's try Niang and Winnebago
We sure as shit should be trying one of them at least.

Wylie in there makes no sense at all unless Veach completely whiffed on the two OT's he brought in this offseason.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:53 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

[Reply]
DRM08 03:58 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There's so much fail in this post it's difficult to know where to start.

But I'll start with Schwartz and Fisher. The Niners front four was without question the best in football, and while Fisher struggled somewhat, Schwartz certainly didn't, and anyway that was a period of time where Mahomes was prone to just dropping back...and back...and back and really put his OT's in a bind. Compare to the next year's SB where we had neither Fisher nor Schwartz due to injuries. Not even close to the same thing, or the same results.

Veach TRIED to get Trent Williams, and then pivoted to the next highest rated choice in OBJ, it just hasn't worked out as hoped. He also drafted Niang, who had first round potential but an injury issue, and that too, has not worked out. But it's not like there was no effort made.

Clark was a double digit sack guy entering his prime; and that as well has not worked out largely due to some mysterious stomach ailment, but it's not like an effort wasn't made.

It's easy to complain AFTER the fact, but all of these were reasonable moves with sound logic at the time. Sometimes shit happens. The mark of quality GM's and coaches, in my opinion, is how they pivot.

Everybody is pissed because we lost yesterday, but if you asked any one of us in May if we'd take being 9-3 right now, not a single CP poster would turn that down. We'd have all been gleeful.

Let's try to keep perspective.
I didn’t say they were not trying. I said they’ve been struggling with roster management for both OL & DL. Blame injuries and whatever else, but their plans have not worked out anywhere near like they hoped. Time will tell if they can make big improvement with LT, RT, and DL.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:09 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I look forward to the Chiefs starting a rookie LT they picked in the 2nd round of the draft. Should be fun around here.
You know, even with a future HOF QB, it is hard to have a Super Bowl roster year in and year out.

Patriots with Brady set a standard of skill, luck, and cheating that's unlikely to be matched and even they had off years.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:10 PM 12-05-2022
Is Andre Dillard really any worse than Brown Jr right now? I mean damn. How much you think we could get him for? Like $6 million?
[Reply]
Page 260 of 343
« First < 160210250256257258259260 261262263264270310 > Last »
Up