ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 31
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drue Tranquill to Chiefs
RunKC 02:20 PM 03-17-2023

Sources: 1 year, up to $5M for Drue Tranquill to the #Chiefs, who I’m told chose Kansas City over five other suitors. https://t.co/NjlxDZVhlk

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 11:39 AM 11-10-2023
He's a good player.

I think we've seen though when Gay is playing well the upside for him is just as high as any offball LB'er in the league.

I'd prefer Gay and Bolton to stay together but that probably just won't happen so I'd keep Drue and slide him into the Gay role.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:42 AM 11-10-2023
I wish we could keep everyone for the next 2-3 years and just go on an insane run, but alas...
[Reply]
RunKC 11:49 AM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I wish we could keep everyone for the next 2-3 years and just go on an insane run, but alas...
Trade Chris, bring back Tranquil and Edwards for 2 years, pay a decent price for proven vet WR and pay Sneed. Then have extra draft picks.

Profit
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:52 AM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I'm already excited about us spending money on a WR this off-season, letting Snead/Tranquill and/or Edwards walk and then hearing all the griping about how we let the defense get worse...

We'll probably by 5-1 or so when the complaining really gears up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:54 AM 11-10-2023
This is easily, IMO, Veach's best FA signing this offseason.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:58 AM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This is easily, IMO, Veach's best FA signing this offseason.
Book has yet to be written.

I think looking back it could still be Omenihu. He could be a REAL problem for teams as the season progresses. That interior rush is insane and we just saw what Spags can do with a fully armed and operational battle station.

The edge to edge versatility on the DL is really unique and Omenihu is a big part of it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:59 AM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm already excited about us spending money on a WR this off-season, letting Snead/Tranquill and/or Edwards walk and then hearing all the griping about how we let the defense get worse...

I think keeping Sneed on the team is pretty important. I know how good Veach is at drafting CBs, but only 1 has been better than Sneed and I'd like to keep Sneed and McD together for a long time. I think those 2 are a huge reason for the D being so good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:02 PM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I think keeping Sneed on the team is pretty important. I know how good Veach is at drafting CBs, but only 1 has been better than Sneed and I'd like to keep Sneed and McD together for a long time. I think those 2 are a huge reason for the D being so good.
Only issue with Sneed I really have is that he's older than you realize. A 3 year extension is 27, 28 and 29 and a lot of corners fall off pretty hard at 28/29 yrs old.

I don't mind approaching him but if he's looking at/near the top of the market, I think I'd have to just wish him well and move along.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:07 PM 11-10-2023
Sneed is good for a solid 2-3 penalties a game but it’s worth it since he’s as lockdown as you can get
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:10 PM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Sneed is good for a solid 2-3 penalties a game but it’s worth it since he’s as lockdown as you can get
Sneed has played 50 career NFL games.

He's been penalized 28 times.

I think your math needs a little work.
[Reply]
xztop123 12:13 PM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Trade Chris, bring back Tranquil and Edwards for 2 years, pay a decent price for proven vet WR and pay Sneed. Then have extra draft picks.

Profit
This.
[Reply]
O.city 12:25 PM 11-10-2023

If I could keep those 3 for letting Jones walk, I would.

Sneed has made it this far, he's gonna wanna hit the market and we need the tag and trade for Jones to recoup some picks.

So I don't see it being in the cards.
[Reply]
O.city 12:26 PM 11-10-2023
Book has yet to be written.

I think looking back it could still be Omenihu. He could be a REAL problem for teams as the season progresses. That interior rush is insane and we just saw what Spags can do with a fully armed and operational battle station.

The edge to edge versatility on the DL is really unique and Omenihu is a big part of it.
Really need FAU to come on strong down the stretch here.

If you could get him out there with Omenihu, JOnes and Karlaftis, that would be nice.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:32 PM 11-10-2023

lol...

Personally, I'm fine with letting Snead go. It's Charvarious Ward all over again. I love what he brings, but factoring in the number of concussions, the amount of penalties, and our ability to draft and develop the CB position, and I'm totally fine letting someone else pay him.

Tranquil I'd like to keep, but he may be pricing himself out.

Edwards has been a fun development this year as he has a knack for finding the ball. Not sure what he'll cost to retain.
[Reply]
el borracho 12:33 PM 11-10-2023
Haha. Veach is probably going to ship them both off for picks which will initially be received with many tears and much gnashing of teeth only to end up again at the top of the AFCW and in the hunt for the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 31
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up