ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 56
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:57 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Depends, do you believe Karlaftis will dominate OBJ or the other way around?
Honestly, the more I think about this the more I'm worried about it.

We let a high-quality, albeit probably the wrong scheme fit, LT go to our #1 enemy to plug their top weakness.

I DO NOT trust Karlaftis to beat OBJ.

Chiefs might see this as a minor downgrade, or sideways move, internally but the Bengals just go a lot better and we'll probably see them again in the AFC Championship.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 12:06 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don't have a problem arguing positional value, but this is horseshit. Bates is a much better S than OBJ is a LT.
I don't dispute that at all but the Bengals would never pay a S that much.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:11 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Honestly, the more I think about this the more I'm worried about it.

We let a high-quality, albeit probably the wrong scheme fit, LT go to our #1 enemy to plug their top weakness.

I DO NOT trust Karlaftis to beat OBJ.

Chiefs might see this as a minor downgrade, or sideways move, internally but the Bengals just go a lot better and we'll probably see them again in the AFC Championship.
Karlaftis is much stronger and faster than OBJ.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 12:11 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
He missed the 2021 regular season game vs the Bengals due to injury.
I'm saying Burrow has missed no games due to injury the last 2 years.
[Reply]
VAChief 12:13 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I really hope it's to play RT. That would make it all the sweeter.
Was just thinking the same thing. He generally seemed like a good dude, hate it for him personally, but sometimes lessons are learned the hard way.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 12:16 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i'd argue we have no idea if orlando will be capable in CIN

in a run-first system he was pretty good because he basically wasn't asked to to do anything that might expose his liabilities

in KC the chiefs did a masterful job of hiding his liabilities, and even when they were exposed, mahomes kept the damage to a minimum

in cincy? the QB takes sacks like his life depends on it and their offense is probably going to be tasked with even more heavy lifting now that their defense is losing pieces

this is a questionable signing, especially when your arch rival is loading up on pass rushers this offseason and you play in a division with three absolute beasts coming off the edge six times a year
You should stick to memes and videos.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:17 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Hilarious that they're beating their chest over an unathletic RT-turned-LT.

We just "closed the deal" on our second Super Bowl in the last 4 years. Those fuckers haven't even won one and they've been trying for nearly 60 years.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:26 PM 03-16-2023
Something else I hadn’t considered with Taylor… having played in a pederson offense, veach probably has a real good read on what he’s gonna get with him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:32 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
You should stick to memes and videos.
you have no idea what you have unleashed

one of the biggest advantages you had on KC was your ability to pressure mahomes with fewer rushers

the chiefs now have that advantage on you, whilst simultaneously neutralizing your advantage in that regard

you're going to have to beat us left handed next year
[Reply]
rfaulk34 12:35 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you have no idea what you have unleashed

one of the biggest advantages you had on KC was your ability to pressure mahomes with fewer rushers

the chiefs now have that advantage on you, whilst simultaneously neutralizing your advantage in that regard

you're going to have to beat us left handed next year
Fantasy is life, bro!
[Reply]
scho63 12:40 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by FANATIC:
I dont get being negative toward Brown. Its just business. Cinn took advantage of his situation. Good for Cinn. Brown gets to make a lot of money playing on a good team. Its a win-win for both sides. Three years from now Brown can get another deal. I think he will like 29.

We won a superbowl so thank you Brown. I wish him the best.

Chiefs wanted to move on and its great they did not give him that contract last year. Not great he went to Cinn but it could have been another good team. Chiefs sticking to their plan. Its working.
Strog post. :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:41 PM 03-16-2023
Some of you all really need to come back to reality.

Jonah Willams was #1 and #2 in sacks given up the past 2 years. OBJ is better than any tackle the Bengals have put out there in that time and he's missed zero games due to injury.
He missed the Bengals game of all games in 2021 due to injury.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:42 PM 03-16-2023
I'm saying Burrow has missed no games due to injury the last 2 years.
WTF does that have to do with anything?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:54 PM 03-16-2023
Fantasy is life, bro!
Do you even realize Joe Burrow was pressured LESS than Mahomes last season?

This is because, for much of the season, our tackles were ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

You're going to give up more pressure with Orlando, with a QB who is less suited to escape it.

We're going to fucking murder you ringless bitches. You're a pathetic footnote in our dynasty. We will walk over your cold corpses.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:57 PM 03-16-2023

Our left tackle isn’t a fat fuck with man boobs btw pic.twitter.com/Ufeies3DAQ

— KADARIUS_SZN ������ MERCA (@bendover583873) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
Page 26 of 56
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up