ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 38
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs attended WR OBJ’s private workout today
Dante84 07:46 PM 03-10-2023

Teams represented at Odell Beckham Jr.'s private workout in Arizona today included the Panthers, Giants, Patriots, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Chiefs, Vikings, Browns and Ravens, per source.

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) March 10, 2023

Everybody almost ran out after this one… ������ @obj pic.twitter.com/Lya6wg7wuN

— Prince Amukamara (@PrinceAmukamara) March 11, 2023

Odell Beckham Jr showing off the hands and the speed for several NFL teams in the private workout today in Arizona.

Looks pretty good running after undergoing ACL surgery last year.pic.twitter.com/t1ZITirzRK

— Doug Rush (@TheDougRush) March 11, 2023

Talked to a few people who attended Odell Beckham's workout. One noted how noticeably muscular Beckham looks now, likening him to a combination of Saquon Barkley and Deebo Samuel. Another said Beckham is simply a gifted athlete and that hasn't changed. Explosion was there.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 11, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 03-22-2023

Update: WR Odell Beckham had asked for $15-20 million a year from NFL teams earlier this offseason but has reduced that figure now that he realizes teams aren't willing to pay him that much, per @diannaESPN https://t.co/tXiNpeXaNK pic.twitter.com/pG2DEgWJd4

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) March 22, 2023

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:07 AM 03-22-2023
He asked for $15-20 million a season but now he's reduced that figure.....to $14.5 million a season.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:14 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
"Old guy, off of injury, has same down market as other free agents."
[Reply]
Balto 09:27 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You aren’t trading MVS because of his guaranteed salary this year.
What am I missing? Yes it's guaranteed but ONLY makes a difference to us IF we cut him. If he is traded it has zero effect and still has a cap saving of $7M.
[Reply]
Balto 09:28 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I think Couch and Balto are consistently huffing the same glue.
My opinion is that there is to many mouths to feed and a guy like Toney can replace MVS's snaps plus do even more.
[Reply]
Balto 09:29 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I just assumed they were the same person.

Your Mom?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:32 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Your Mom?
Was this supposed to be some sort of a response?
[Reply]
kccrow 09:38 AM 03-22-2023
We aren't trading MVS.

And yes, OCity, I do think because of the connection Mahomes had with Ross last offseason it's at least more probable he makes the roster. We'll see though, I could just be reading the tea leaves incorrectly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:45 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
- Kadarius Toney
- MVS
- Skyy Moore
- Justin Ross
- Ihmir Smith-Marsette
- Jerrion Ealy
- Cornell Powell

That unit needs as much of an upgrade as offensive tackle or defensive line. That group plus a fourth rounder thrown into the mix ain't gonna cut it. We need to sign a serviceable vet plus take a guy in the first two rounds, imho, because the bottom three likely aren't making it out of training camp. And there's no guarantees on Ross, either.
Exactly. There's only 4 guys actually on the roster right now. The rest of them are camp fodder right now.

They have to upgrade the WR corps somehow.

And no, they're not trading MVS. :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:48 AM 03-22-2023
My opinion is that there is to many mouths to feed and a guy like Toney can replace MVS's snaps plus do even more.
Too many mouths to feed? We have this thread because were wanting more mouths.. Toney could play the MVS role but that would be a bit of a waste of his over all talent imo.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:59 AM 03-22-2023
Veach hasn’t been about overpaying. These guys are in their 30’s and aren’t worth the cap hits.

At this point they aren’t changing and it really isn’t worth it. Move to plan B and get Chark or Mecole and draft a WR+TE
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Too many mouths to feed? We have this thread because were wanting more mouths.. Toney could play the MVS role but that would be a bit of a waste of his over all talent imo.
Too many mouths to feed. There's 3 guys on the roster that have ever really contributed IN A GAME. I can't believe people think we need to get rid of MVS. We'd have to turn around and replace him immediately, potentially at a higher cost. We need fucking bodies if nothing else because the room is bare.
[Reply]
Balto 10:02 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Sorry...To many mouths IF/WHEN we add either Hopkins or OBJ

Yes you can keep MVS but if Veach wants Cap flexibility to bring on Hopkins the simplest thing is to include him in the trade and save $7M in cap space.

Kelce
Hopkins
Toney
Skyy
Everyone else

Is more than fine
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:10 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly. There's only 4 guys actually on the roster right now. The rest of them are camp fodder right now.

They have to upgrade the WR corps somehow.

And no, they're not trading MVS. :-)
Better put some respek on Cornell Powell's name!
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:17 AM 03-22-2023
Sorry...To many mouths IF/WHEN we add either Hopkins or OBJ

Yes you can keep MVS but if Veach wants Cap flexibility to bring on Hopkins the simplest thing is to include him in the trade and save $7M in cap space.

Kelce
Hopkins
Toney
Skyy
Everyone else

Is more than fine
Even if they get OBJ or Hopkins, they aren't dumping MVS after 1 season. They still need capable bodies even if they get a top-flight WR's.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 38
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up