ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 55
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2022-23 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 11:39 AM 10-11-2022
Didn't see one, so figured with the season starting tonight, we better get one going.

Anyone have any bold predictions? I think mine might be that the Wild make the Western Conference Finals.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:22 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If the Leafs advancing in the playoffs was a priority for the league and/or the refs were in the bag for them, one would have expected the Leafs to advance in the playoffs more than zero times in the last twenty years.
That's true lol. I do have a hard time feeling like the Leafs are ever fighting against the will of the league and the refs though if that is a real thing.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:26 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
That's true lol. I do have a hard time feeling like the Leafs are ever fighting against the will of the league and the refs though if that is a real thing.
Yeah, if it was the league's or refs' will to get that Leafs team through some of those series, I suspect they could have done it one time in the past 5+ years at least. It's not like the team wasn't good enough to do so in those years or that they didn't have enough opportunities to close out a series (they were 0-11 in close-out games over the past six years or some nonsense up until last night's game).

I think there was some kind of mental block there for that group, but they also got some shit luck (and some shit calls) along the way too.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:28 PM 04-30-2023
Yeah, if it was the league's or refs' will to get that Leafs team through some of those series, I suspect they could have done it one time in the past 5+ years at least. It's not like the team wasn't good enough to do so in those years or that they didn't have enough opportunities to close out a series (they were 0-11 in close-out games over the past six years or some nonsense up until last night's game).

I think there was some kind of mental block there for that group, but they also got some shit luck (and some shit calls) along the way too.
Yeah from a far it seemed like a mental block, pressure to get it done for the fanbase kind of thing for me.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:37 PM 04-30-2023
Another Avs goal is gonna come back due to offsides. We have had no breaks this series.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:09 PM 04-30-2023
No matter what pain Boston fans endure, it isn’t near enough
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:14 PM 04-30-2023
The Kraken.
[Reply]
srvy 10:14 PM 04-30-2023
Wow down go the Avs
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:14 PM 04-30-2023
Holy shit
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:15 PM 04-30-2023

Mixture of a mental block, and some terrible calls over the years, still not over a certain call from game 6 against Tampa last season. Hopefully that mental block has been lifted after that round 1 win.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:16 PM 04-30-2023
Wow, did not see that coming.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:17 PM 04-30-2023
Bummer. Feels like a fitting end to a season where the Avs just couldn't ice a complete team.

Congrats to the Kraken.
[Reply]
the steam 10:19 PM 04-30-2023
Props to the NHL for not rigging calls for the popular teams like the NFL and NBA.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:25 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Bummer. Feels like a fitting end to a season where the Avs just couldn't ice a complete team.

Congrats to the Kraken.
that had to hurt a little. Tip of the hat.

This has been a crazy playoffs. Lot of fun to watch. Freakin' Avs are incredible.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:38 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

This has been a crazy playoffs. Lot of fun to watch. Freakin' Avs are incredible.
This first round has been a perfect example of why the Stanley Cup playoffs are the best postseason tournament in sports, and it’s not only because of the Leafs finally winning a series :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 10:40 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

It did, but having watched an actual Cup winning team, it made it pretty obvious that this team just wasn't going to get it done. We kept thinking we'd have a shot once Landy came back and, when it didn't happen, we knew it was a long shot. The weird shit with Nichushkin was just more than we could handle.

C'est la vie. Hopefully we can heal up with a longer off-season this year.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 55
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up