View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 26 of 343
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
-King- 11:53 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because you two are in that group that has shown zero patience when it comes to player development.
For example?
[Reply]
O.city 11:54 AM 05-31-2022
Brown is 26 and has played LT for a year and a half in the NFL? I guess you could argue either way that paying him is good or bad.

Good in that you could still be getting a better player than what you're paying now, worse in that it's a small sample size.
[Reply]
O.city 11:55 AM 05-31-2022
I also don't think there's any chance he sets the new market here at LT. I'd guess he slots in right around Ronnie Stanley's number.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
For example?
See any Chiefs rookie that has struggled during the Reid era.

From Fisher all the way to guys like CEH/Hardman.

You have zero patience and would write them off after 2 disappointing seasons.
[Reply]
TEX 11:58 AM 05-31-2022
TEX and King would be first in line to bitch about our new LT (and Veach) when they struggle their first 2 years.

Absolutely no ****ing doubt.

IF you do your research, you'll find that I was in Fisher's corner waaaaaaay back. Easy enough to search and verify.

I bashed Fish for being "soft" after the Pittsburgh playoff loss at home. But other than that, I pretty much always supported his development. Especially early on, even when he was moved to RT.

So, I'd have to say you're wrong here.
[Reply]
O.city 11:58 AM 05-31-2022
I'd prefer to keep him, but if they decide to trade him or whatever, go for it.

Put Niang there and hope for the best. Maybe that would work out.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:59 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Unless the Chiefs have a mediocre season, I don't see how they'll be in range to get a premier LT in the draft. You'd be looking at the 3rd/4th ish LT prospect.

A guy people can then bitch about when he takes a year or two to develop.

time is a flat circle.
Or yell about how bad Veach is when he ends up playing G or RT.
[Reply]
TEX 12:00 PM 05-31-2022

You have zero patience and would write them off after 2 disappointing seasons.
I've gone on record as supporting Hardman. I expect big things from him this season. However, I have given up on CEH. He's an undersized, slow JAG.
[Reply]
-King- 12:00 PM 05-31-2022

I don't think I complained to much about Fisher honestly.

And yeah, CEH and Mecole aren't exactly the players I would bring up if I was you :-). One is developing so well that Veach made him 4th string right now behind MVS!, Juju, and Skyy and the other is just flat out bad. Seems like I correctly evaluated them.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:02 PM 05-31-2022
I don't think I complained to much about Fisher honestly.

And yeah, CEH and Mecole aren't exactly the players I would bring up if I was you :-). One is developing so well that Veach made him 4th string right now behind MVS!, Juju, and Skyy and the other is just flat out bad. Seems like I correctly evaluated them.
Having patience with development isn’t about being right/wrong.

That’s what you don’t understand.

And there isn’t a single person that knows how you are that believes you wouldn’t be bashing the player and Veach if they struggled their first 2 years, just like those guys.

And who are you kidding? Your entire evaluation was based on there play early on as Chiefs, no different than it would be with our new LT.

It’s not like your evaluation was of them as prospects.
[Reply]
chief4life 12:03 PM 05-31-2022

Make no mistake: #Chiefs want to extend 3x Pro Bowl LT Orlando Brown before the July 15 deadline. I’m told Brown, just 26, has been in interview mode with multiple agents - as Kansas City stands by. Brett Veach is a huge fan of Brown and knows he’s essential to long-term success.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 31, 2022

[Reply]
-King- 12:04 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I've gone on record as supporting Hardman. I expect big things from him this season. However, I have given up on CEH. He's an undersized, slow JAG.
I had hopes for CEH last season also. I even said he'd be the breakout player.

But staylor just sees what he wants to see.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:05 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by chief4life:
Because Veach isn’t a dumbass like King.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:06 PM 05-31-2022
I had hopes for CEH last season also. I even said he'd be the breakout player.

But staylor just sees what he wants to see.
I’ve literally said that I’m not holding my breath on CEH breaking out this year.

That doesn’t mean that I’m not willing to give him a shot with his first full healthy offseason.

Again, you don’t understand that it’s not about being right/wrong. It’s about patience with development, which you’ve demonstrated that you don’t have.
[Reply]
TEX 12:06 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Unless the Chiefs have a mediocre season, I don't see how they'll be in range to get a premier LT in the draft. You'd be looking at the 3rd/4th ish LT prospect.

A guy people can then bitch about when he takes a year or two to develop.

time is a flat circle.
I think they'll finish 10-7 and will be picking lower than they have in years.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 343
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up