ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 57
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cincinnati Bengals (AFC Championship Edition)
TLO 08:59 PM 01-23-2022
Discussion
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:37 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It’s really crazy how little Cincinnati did on offense in a win against a 1-seed.

Here are their drives:

6 plays, 22 yards, field goal (started deep in Tennessee territory after a pick)
3 plays, -4 yards, punt
6 plays, 61 yards, field goal
6 plays, 28 yards, punt
11 plays, 39 yards, field goal
7 plays, 58 yards, end of half
9 plays, 65 yards, touchdown
3 plays, 5 yards, punt
1 play, 0 yards, interception
6 plays, 32 yards, punt
6 plays, 5 yards, punt
4 plays, 19 yards, field goal

Once Tennessee got within 7 late in the game, Cindy’s offense basically stalled completely. Their only points came from that late Tannehill interception.

Only 3 drives over 40 yards. Only 2 of those resulted in points.

Pretty bad performance by the Bengals offense.
Cincy's best offense was getting set-up on short fields by Tannehill's turnovers.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:38 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Did anyone notice the Vegas Pro bowl commercial last night...It featured like 7 video clips of players.

One was of Cooper Kupp and another of Ja'Marr Chase. Five 49ers were selected, no video of them..no video of the Chiefs.

It may be nothing...but it was a strange decision for the NFL to market/sell players from teams that are still in contention...given they highlighted such a limited amount of participants.
The whole 88 best players line is such crap. Not only were the 88 best players not named to the Pro Bowl, but the SB will have several of those players who will not be playing in the Pro Bowl.

The NFL Pro Bowl may be the worst professional "all star" game in existence, because it's not actually a game, but an exhibition, and almost none of the top tier stars plays hard because they don't want to cost themselves millions of dollars because of an injury in said exhibition.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:38 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Yep and Andy gave a very encouraging description of his progress…

Glad to hear Darrell could be back for the SB. Would be a nice option to assist Wylie against either of those D lines.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:39 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Better watch out, same thing they say of Mahomes.
He did it in college where having WRs like that usually means they're wide open.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:51 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Why aren't we just bracketing Chase and Higgins and telling them to beat us with Mixon, Boyd and Uzomah? People would take away Hill and Kelce from us, why aren't we doing it to the Bengals? Easier said than done, but those three aren't good enough to beat us. Burrow needs Chase or Higgins to have big games to keep up with us imo. Uzomah is slower than most TEs, you can have LBs on him, especially Gay and Bolton. Mixon is a 10 - 15 RB in the league and Boyd is good, but still a #3. I would say equal to Pringle/Hardman.
That’s basically what our defense did to the Bills on Sunday. If we had Fenton, and a version of the HB who is playing for a ring vs a contract then we completely shut down the Bills. Diggs, Knox, Singletary, Beasley, Sanders, McKenzie all did basically nothing. They had Davis being covered by Hughes, and that’s where they got most of their receiving yards. 117 yards receiving between their other 6 receiving options.

If Fenton, and a motivated HB show up Sunday we should be able to squeeze the life out of their offense. I’m glad we’ve played them already, and they gave us all they had. We know what to expect, but they have no clue about what’s gonna happen to them Sunday. This time is at Arrowhead, against playoff Patrick. Good fucking luck!!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:55 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He did it in college where having WRs like that usually means they're wide open.
I was being sarcastic as well. I’ve never seen another quarterback do what Patrick does. They want to compare every other quarterback to Mahomes, but there’s literally never been a player like him before. He has more mojo, talent, and clutch gene (lol) than even Montana. It’s way more than just his supporting cast (but they’re HOF talents as well.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:18 PM 01-26-2022
Wow, perfect weather conditions. Sunny, light winds, mid 40s.
[Reply]
13Seconds 08:04 PM 01-26-2022
This game won’t be close.
Super Bowl won’t be either.
Kansas City Chiefs are the Super Bowl champions once again.

The real Super Bowl was on Sunday at 5:40.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:12 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And I don’t hate Burrow. He’s a likable kid.

But I do hate the fact that everyone is scrambling to prop someone up to be at the level, or better, than Mahomes.

Just admit that Mahomes is the top and then go from there. Jesus Christ. If Mahomes was on the Cowboys…he’d already have a bust created and be fitted for a gold jacket.
Burrow's pretty damn good, but I wonder if people are going to be so eager to call him "figured out" when he goes into a slump at one of these points.

And it's going to happen. Might not be shells like Mahomes had to work around and adapt to, but some team is going to make him look kind of stupid at some point.

I imagine people will just go, "Well, that was a rough one for Burrow, but he's a great QB and he'll work it out." They'll give him all the passes and patience that they didn't get Mahomes and Andy fucking Reid this past season.

Seriously. Did people really think that Andy Reid with a QB like Patrick Mahomes wasn't going to figure out a way to go back to bazooka big point totals?
[Reply]
Stryker 08:33 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Yep, and like Mahomes: DO NOT BLITZ. Bad. Blitz bad. Does not work out well for defense. Very bad.
My thought for this game is rush 3 and cover in zone, 8. Force Burrow to have to throw. I would rather have picks in this game than sacks. Just my .02
[Reply]
ljmhawk 08:35 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
My thought for this game is rush 3 and cover in zone, 8. Force Burrow to have to throw. I would rather have picks in this game than sacks. Just my .02
rush 3 so they can run for 7 yards a carry? no thanks
[Reply]
Stryker 09:34 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
What are you talking about? He got sacked 9 times and won! I am saying do to Joe Burrow what was done to "US" in the first 4 weeks of the season. Why not? Cover 2 all day long!
[Reply]
Stryker 09:41 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
Ok, what would YOU have in this game? We LOST because we rushed JB. The Titans LOST because they rushed JB. He IS grace under pressure so why not take away those factors? What am I missing here? When JB is pressured, he is at his best. You have to counter act that.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:47 PM 01-26-2022
Chiefs were routing them...take Chase out of the equation (Diggs) and see if they can match points. Their offensive output was essentially 3 big plays...

I was reading their live game thread vs. KC...and they were saying they were over-matched...out-classed...not ready....some were saying they were going to turn off the game. This was the first half..

Spags wasn't game planning around a rookie WR in the first meeting...he is now. Chiefs have the superior coaching...that will be the difference...and the crowd noise with that horrific O-line.

Chiefs weren't utilizing Jerick McKinnon yet...so that will be a factor.

KC doesn't generally sleepwalk in the playoffs...like they did in the 3rd quarter. That was classic Andy taking his foot of the pedal with a lead.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:58 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yep. And Fenton practicing is definitely good news.
He's pretty underrated. Solid in coverage and a good tackler, and he seems to raise his game to another level the higher the stakes are.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 57
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up