ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 29
« First < 162223242526 272829 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon signed to the 53 man roster
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:10 PM 10-05-2021

Sources tell me Josh Gordon officially signed to the chiefs 53 man roster and is going to play Sunday night against the Bills

— Taylor Bisciotti (@TaylorBisciotti) October 5, 2021

[Reply]
TEX 06:08 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It's Andy in general. Derek Gore barely touched the ball and the offense is still running empty sets. Aikman said it best actually. Andy can't be so stubborn to keep passing when it is conducive to pound the rock. Josh Gordon is caught in the politics of the pecking order as well.
Nailed it.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:26 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It's Andy in general. Derek Gore barely touched the ball and the offense is still running empty sets. Aikman said it best actually. Andy can't be so stubborn to keep passing when it is conducive to pound the rock. Josh Gordon is caught in the politics of the pecking order as well.
How do you know? Gordon probably just sucks. Like you said - Andy loves to pass so if he can add a new weapon to the system that allows him to do more of that. Logically I would think Reid would give him more playing time.

Also, Gore is slow as shit. Not surprised Andy didn't use him this last game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:31 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
How do you know? Gordon probably just sucks. Like you said - Andy loves to pass so if he can add a new weapon to the system that allows him to do more of that. Logically I would think Reid would give him more playing time.

as opposed to Darrel?

:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:43 AM 11-08-2021

Then what about sorensen? Or Niemann? How can you justify the snap count for mecole? This loyalty is going across the board.

None of it makes sense. Gore has done well on his limited chances. 3 carries is downright inexcusable. I don't think we really know what we have in Gordon. He looks rusty with his hands, but we don't even try to get him involved. Why wouldn't you at least try? Have we set up any simple screens or slants to get him into rhythm? No. Imagine if we put even 1% of the effort to force some quick touches for him as we do with mecole. Every time mecole makes a mistake we force the ball to him. When Gordon makes a mistake he goes into detention the rest of the game.
[Reply]
emaw1979 06:54 AM 11-08-2021

Gore (4.63) isn't a burner but he's faster than Darrel Williams (4.72). He also has better vision IMO.

The only thing Williams does better at this point is probably blocking and leaking out of the backfield which develops with time in the offense.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:08 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
Gore (4.63) isn't a burner but he's faster than Darrel Williams (4.72). He also has better vision IMO.

The only thing Williams does better at this point is probably blocking and leaking out of the backfield which develops with time in the offense.
The frustrating part is that these past 2 games we should have had a way better picture of our rb rotation once CEH comes back. And in hindsight we learned nothing about our offense and still struggled where a change might have helped.

And you're right. The problem is Andy Reid insists on making RBs an accessory to the passing game. No. They need to be RBs first, passing options second. Especially since it seems the only way we use CEH in the passing game is a wheel route that's been getting snuffed out.

Maybe gore and Gordon won't be good with more touches. But at least give it a damn shot. That's the first step to making adjustments.
[Reply]
notorious 07:24 AM 11-08-2021
I cringed a little watching Williams during the screen play we ran.

Damien made those plays look silky smooth. Williams looks like a dump truck trying to navigate a skate park.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:27 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by emaw1979:

Gore's best 40 time was 4.57.

Nick Chubb's best: 4.52

Whatever's going on, it's not because he's SLOW, especially not if they're going to play Darrel Williams instead.

I like Williams; and honestly don't know why we keep a FB on the roster when Williams would fill that role plus RB2 or RB3 as well. But he's not a workhorse RB.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:23 AM 11-08-2021
At least 4 times i saw DW hit a crease and thought oh shit here we go this will be 15-20 if not the house. And bam ankle tackled 3 yards in.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:23 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
as opposed to Darrel?

:-)
I can't speak for Reid but obviously there's something other than speed which is why he used Williams more.

My post was more in regards to McKinnon seeing the field more this past game. Bottom line is this team needs a speed RB desperately and Gore isn't it.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:46 AM 11-08-2021
Gordon got an opportunity yesterday and he dropped it.... again.
[Reply]
-King- 09:47 AM 11-08-2021
I can't speak for Reid but obviously there's something other than speed which is why he used Williams more.

My post was more in regards to McKinnon seeing the field more this past game. Bottom line is this team needs a speed RB desperately and Gore isn't it.
McKinnon has like 5 carries this whole season. That's why I don't buy it when they say Josh isn't a part of the offense because he's washed up. We aren't properly using a lot of players. How is McKinnon not even getting any touches most games? How can you buy that Darrell Williams is a better option in either the run or passing game? There's no way in hell McKinnon is a worse pass catching RB than Williams. But we don't use him in the passing game either.

Until someone proves to me that Gordon is just flat out getting absolutely no separation, I'll continue to believe the coaches as misusing him just like how they misused a number of other players this season.
[Reply]
-King- 09:48 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Welp better shut it down then. Gotta roll with Mecole now. He's sure handed and gets excellent separation on his routes.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:52 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Know what happens when mecole drops it? We force the ball into him over and over again so he can make right.

Knowing Gordon is brand new and has been away from the game a while, why wouldn't we try that with him? A simple outside wr screen or two. Just to get him used to the game a while. They're playing these two guys by totally different rules.

I just cannot understand why in our goal line reps Gordon, who actually has size and height, continues to get left off the field.
[Reply]
Phoneix 03:22 PM 11-11-2021
Whelp - here is to hoping Josh Gordon can get this offense fired up. Really hope he breaks out vs the Raiders. We could use a second threat at WR
[Reply]
Page 26 of 29
« First < 162223242526 272829 >
Up