ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Does Kevin Kietzman deserve to be fired/forced to resign?
Yes 263 81.42%
No 32 9.91%
I have no idea 28 8.67%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll
Page 26 of 107
« First < 162223242526 272829303676 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does Kevin Kietzman deserve to be fired/forced to resign?
TLO 08:39 PM 06-24-2019
I'm not 100% on the KK news from today. But figured we'd start a thread to discuss this topic.

Sound off below. Also feel free to add in the KK tweets and such in here.

Thanks!
[Reply]
Tonka83 01:56 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Heck Petro might not want to move that is a sweet gig to have a 10-2 job M-F.

I use to love 1510\now 810 when they were starting up. They were hungry young guns taking on old Don Fortune and they used to make fun of him because he had a ton of commercials. But they have become what they hated and are as lazy as ****. I doubt that is going to change.
Good ol Don Fortune. That guy could talk for hours and not say anything of substance. The one thing I will give him credit for is he called the Lin Elliot fiasco at about mid season that year.
[Reply]
FAX 01:56 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
He is off the air until further notice lulz

Chiefs must have put the screws to them
If they did, I can hardly blame them.

Dragging a family that suffered through the utter horror of watching their son die from a heroin overdose is an unspeakable act of callousness. Now, they're supposed to just "move on" because the perpetrator is a sports radio jock? Just forget it happened and get back to work on improving the team? Hell, Wally and Tammy are probably inundated with calls of support and, even though people mean well, it's undoubtedly a distraction and it opens old wounds.

This situation is another example of a local media tactic designed to incense, inflame, and incite … all for the purpose of self-aggrandizement and (ultimately) profit. And all of it done at the expense of people who didn't ask for the mess and didn't deserve it. Yet, they have to participate in the cleanup.

How can you justify that?

At some point, reasonable people have to say, "Enough." Enough with the nuanced, but expressly targeted innuendo. Enough with the pernicious, assumptive railroading. Enough with the not-so-subtle personal attacks on individuals and their families. Enough with the callous and cynical character assassinations in the name of greed and ego.

Not everything is "relative". For most people, there still exists a basic, moral code. Even if some jackwagon doesn't possess or acknowledge that code, the general idea should not be ignored out of fear that somebody might compare their "virtue" to yours and find yours lacking.

I say, "Bullshit" to that. Why should I accommodate these weak-minded, sniveling cowards who have done nothing admirable or good or positive? These people have merely invited us into their putrid, tainted, toxic, poisonous pool and we passively accepted. Well, I'm out. I'm not enjoying the swim.

FAX
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:58 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
any bets on them opening the phone lines today?
4 hours of Royals talk? Really

Would it not be easier for management to just fake a power outage?

The Royals talk is endless and making me nuts. At least Soren talked about the NBA during the playoffs and draft and slightly mentioned the Jayhawks signing a bunch of guys.

Kietz took those events as soapbox opportunities to drone endlessly about college athletes getting paid enough with their scholarships, which is an idiotic take in 2019.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:03 PM 06-25-2019
They trotted out Leabo and Frank Boal to cover the show today. Leabo was like "I'm not going to take calls or talk about it, because I just work here..." They read a BS PR statement from management saying Kevin had been put in a safe seat in a buddy room, and he needs to fill out a think sheet until he understands what he did wrong and feels bad about it. What'll happen is they'll give him about a week of extra vacation time, he'll go to Arizona and play golf, then they'll stuff him back in his swivel chair after things cool down. He'll be forced to issue some kind of nebulous non-apology apology, do some cooked up charity thing, and everything will be all back to status quo a month from now. Oh, and don't forget to go see his friends at Shawnee Mission Ford. They hate Heroin addicts too!
[Reply]
FAX 02:04 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
They are apologizing to the Chiefs NOW?....:-)

"We are truly sorry our sponsors might pull their money from our business, in lieu of this recent development, we will disingenuously apologize long enough to get that money back"
I can report that the roofing company and a couple of the car dealerships (one Ford and one Mitsubishi) are concerned about the blowback and had been in touch with Union Broadcasting regarding the status of their sponsorships.

It wasn't just a bunch of Planeteers and twitter dweebs who viewed this as stupid and sickening, it appears that these companies have employees and managers who felt the same way.

A faint glimmer of hope emerges in the darkness. Perhaps humanity is not entirely lost.

It's too bad for him that KK had to set the example as the local media martyr but the rubber band had been stretched too thin already and it snapped with his bullshit from yesterday.

FAX
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:05 PM 06-25-2019
lol, the Star linked my youtube

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...231933528.html

you can't quit me, suckers
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:06 PM 06-25-2019
What a shitshow this is, seems like a strike against our great city that KK was on the radio for so many years.
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 02:09 PM 06-25-2019
The last time I listened to BTL was after the Chiefs lost the AFC Championship. He had me so effing irate, I wanted to call and tell him he is a fucking loathsome, miserable human being using those exact terms.

If I never hear his whiny cocksucker again, I'm fine with that
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:10 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
BOOM
ChiefsPlanet ( Clay) strikes again.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:15 PM 06-25-2019
I’m betting there is a 99.99% chance Mark Donovan made a phone call to Union broadcasting yesterday.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:16 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m betting there is a 99.99% chance Mark Donovan made a phone call to Union broadcasting today.
He'll probably ask for a bunch of free commercial time during the regular season for a run of schedule of "buy Chiefs tickets" ads.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:18 PM 06-25-2019
How stupid do you have to be to put yourself between KC fans and the Chiefs on a Superbowl buildup offseason just because you're morally outraged?

Like the ONE thing you can't do in this town is threaten Mahomes/Reid stability. You will find yourself on the GTFO bus faster than you can say internblowjob
[Reply]
Dayze 02:18 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
How stupid do you have to be to put yourself between KC fans and the Chiefs on a Superbowl buildup offseason just because you're morally outraged?

Like the ONE thing you can't do in this town is threaten Mahomes/Reid stability. You will find yourself on the GTFO bus faster than you can say internblowjob
:-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:20 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
These people have merely invited us into their putrid, tainted, toxic, poisonous pool and we passively accepted.
FAX
These people think they can cause strangers an undo amount of personal stress...at no expense to themselves...that they are untouchable because they own a microphone.

This blowback was much needed..

I dont know how I would handle someone 1500 miles away, that I've never met, aggressively affecting my career over something I didn't do. Literally making people hate you by leaving out key evidence and costing you money...while profiting off of it.

That's evil...a sickness...but it's how Florio makes a living.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:20 PM 06-25-2019
https://deadspin.com/kansas-city-rad...o-c-1835825649

lawlz
[Reply]
Page 26 of 107
« First < 162223242526 272829303676 > Last »
Up