ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 46
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The SNL Thread
Easy 6 08:51 PM 05-12-2007
I've been considering doing this for a while, so here goes. A thread to discuss anyone & anything relating to the show.

They keep a pretty tight lid on all images & apparently stay after youtube as well, so those kinds of things might be a 'lil hard to come by, but oh well.

Pretty much everyone here seems to be a fan of it on some level, so it might be kinda fun.

Its as close to Cant Miss Television as there is for me.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:55 PM 02-28-2015
Alabama Shakes killed.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:03 AM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Alabama Shakes killed.

Is this a repeat of when they were on before?
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:03 AM 03-01-2015
Alabama Shakes killed.
Agreed, what an incredible band, they've really grown stylistically since the last appearance... and that woman remains a thunderstorm, a wrecking ball of soul.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:36 AM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Is this a repeat of when they were on before?
Nope, although I remember that performance as well.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:05 AM 03-01-2015
Alabama Shakes killed.
That first song screams for, . . . . begs for, . . . prostates itself in absolute supplication for, . . . a meet up with Prince. Could you imagine him harmonizing with her and throwing in an epic guitar solo?

To die.

AS' only drawback is they're a rhythm backing band without a virtuoso. They ride the lead singer's considerable talents.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:17 PM 03-01-2015
This is hilarious. Well done.

[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08:31 PM 03-01-2015
Can't believe that anyone would be offended by that.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:02 PM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss:
Can't believe that anyone would be offended by that.
Meh, when I saw it I didn't know it was a direct parody of an Army commercial.

Guess for some SNL comparing the Army to ISIS is as offensive as Scott Walker comparing union protestors to ISIS.

Doesn't bother me, but it's not inconceivable in our offense taking anonymous online social media world, that a few would be bothered enough to tweet.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:54 PM 03-01-2015
Also

Hey, I can't poop while you're in here, and I know you're just doing your hair, . . . So I'm gonna hafta ask you to get the FUCK OUTTTTTTT!
[Reply]
Strongside 09:58 PM 03-01-2015
Yeah, the ISIS thing was funny, IMO. Lots of people with their panties up in a bunch over SNL doing what SNL was built on. If we can't make fun of the worst group of people in the world, then who can we make fun of?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:44 PM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Yeah, the ISIS thing was funny, IMO. Lots of people with their panties up in a bunch over SNL doing what SNL was built on. If we can't make fun of the worst group of people in the world, then who can we make fun of?
There's folks on the intertubes for which an event hasn't truly happened to them until they've registered indignation or snark about it on social media.

Tree falling in the woods thing.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:49 PM 03-01-2015
And strangely, Dakota Johnson hits this weird spot of a perfectly lovely and objectively attractive girl I just don't find myself personally attracted to. Don't know what it is, she's certainly far out of my league and there's nothing tangible that's a turn off in the least. Just more of a friend or sister thing.

Though I thought her getting pissy with her mom at the Oscars was funnier than anything on SNL [which was a decent enough episode, though. Not a slight.]

[Reply]
kysirsoze 11:05 PM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
And strangely, Dakota Johnson hits this weird spot of a perfectly lovely and objectively attractive girl I just don't find myself personally attracted to. Don't know what it is, she's certainly far out of my league and there's nothing tangible that's a turn off in the least. Just more of a friend or sister thing.

Though I thought her getting pissy with her mom at the Oscars was funnier than anything on SNL [which was a decent enough episode, though. Not a slight.]

She's got a weird mouth. I mean, by regular people standards, she's attractive, but even IRL I think her mouth would bother me a little.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:53 PM 03-14-2015
I'm not sure if its uniform across America, but some of you may have noticed that SNL plays a classic episode from 9-10 before the NBC nightly news... I've watched a handful of incredible shows that reminded me why I like the show so much.

Tonight is no exception... Jim Carrey and Soundgarden from 1996, its almost a guaranteed winner, from the days when every single episode was a winner.

I'll probably be in bed by the time the JK Simmons rerun airs at 10:30, but you can bet I'll be up for this rerun... just a friendly heads up.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:07 PM 03-14-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm not sure if its uniform across America, but some of you may have noticed that SNL plays a classic episode from 9-10 before the NBC nightly news... I've watched a handful of incredible shows that reminded me why I like the show so much.

Tonight is no exception... Jim Carrey and Soundgarden from 1996, its almost a guaranteed winner, from the days when every single episode was a winner.

I'll probably be in bed by the time the JK Simmons rerun airs at 10:30, but you can bet I'll be up for this rerun... just a friendly heads up.
The Hot Tub Lifeguard was a really good skit in that episode.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 46
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up