ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 38
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:14 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly.

And maybe that throw was in the back of his mind somehow? He knew, everyone knew, that if he just doesn't try to make a perfect throw there to MVS, that's an easy adjustment and a likely walk-in for a TD.

So maybe his response was that throw to Watson. He wasn't trying to make it perfect.

It's a razor thin edge to walk.
The problem with the off platform stuff is it just makes it so hard to be accurate on deep passes. That deep pass to Watson looked almost perfect but probably doesn’t get tipped if he leads the receiver and uses a little more air. He threw quite a few passes behind his guys too. Odd because kelce usually can still haul those in. Much as I hate overhyping tua the truth is that mahomes hasn’t taken full advantage of the deep ball throughout his career. sometimes gets overthrown because he doesn’t step into it. Often times out of necessity because he can’t step into it.

Mahomes looks like he really put the time into using his pocket. He’s doing a much better job sliding around. But the offense is really forcing him to be laser accurate with crazy windows and throwing platforms, assuming anyone is even open. It’s a new problem where before he had receivers who bought themselves space or he could scramble around outside to create open space for a window. His slipperiness in the pocket has added something new to his game. It’s just a damn shame we aren’t giving him the players or scheme to really take advantage.

Still it would be nice to give him more opportunities to step into a deep throw.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:15 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

Prime example here.

First off people will be pissed at the OL in this situation I'm sure. That's a well blocked play IMO.

Look at where the throw is.

Throw it out in front and bullshit holding penalty non withstanding, it's a walk in touch down.
Look at his feet
[Reply]
kccrow 05:36 PM 09-26-2022
There sure as fuck is lots of moaning in this thread about a rookie WR 3 games in instead of the actual problems.

A rookie WR that never did return punts maybe shouldn't be returning punts. I dunno, maybe that's why I hoped they'd keep Coleman on the roster all off-season much to my chagrin. Lots of CP brain trust lobbied for exactly what the Chiefs did. Well, eat the shit sandwich you wanted to be served.

Reid needs to tell Toub to fix it, and the rest of his horrendous special teams so far this season. It's been shit in most facets.

Rookie WR probably doesn't know the playbook well enough to get more snaps yet. It likely is for no other reason. It's probably not his ability to beat the guy across from him because he's shown some talent doing that in the preseason and even a little in the season. If he doesn't know where he's going every snap though, that's a liability. Reid would play him if he were gauged to be playable. Give him some time, he's not a fucking failure yet just as much as he hasn't been your savior.

What else has failed? This fucking offensive line, especially the tackles. Can't fix it this year, have to wait until the offseason. What can Reid do? More chipping to help, shorten up the drops, shorten the route tree, and throw in some play-action if they can ever prove to run the ball. That's probably it. It doesn't play into Mahomes' talents but it plays into not getting the guy killed and probably helps Mahomes at the same time in establishing some rapport with his receivers.

The RBs have also failed. See the fucking hole and hit it. Reid needs to bench these guys if they can't see a whole wide enough for a semi to change directions in. They aren't always there, but these backs can't routinely miss the ones that are and would give this team a 30-50 yard spark they need sometimes.

Mahomes has failed at times too. He needs to start taking what the defense gives at times instead of trying to force the bigger play. Take those swing passes in the flats that will open up the middle of the field later. Take the 5 yards instead of pushing for 15 and missing. This team is built for death by 1000 paper cuts. It needs to figure the rest out. Mahomes isn't helping it. It sucks, I want to watch Mahomes throwing bombs too, but this team just isn't built for it routinely.

I'm so over reading constant bitching about a goddamned rookie WR. Not too many other rookie WRs out there looking too special yet either, especially 2nd rounders.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:48 PM 09-26-2022
Well, he runs around for his life on way too many plays, even if it's needless. It's so blatantly obvious he doesn't trust his OL and that plays a part in his overall fundamentals taking a pretty steep decline. Honestly don't know what the immediate solution here is outside of Brown just spontaneously playing back up to standard.
[Reply]
-King- 06:11 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, he runs around for his life on way too many plays, even if it's needless. It's so blatantly obvious he doesn't trust his OL and that plays a part in his overall fundamentals taking a pretty steep decline. Honestly don't know what the immediate solution here is outside of Brown just spontaneously playing back up to standard.
Yeah it's trust issues all over the offense. He doesn't trust the line to block for long and he doesn't trust WRs to get open. If Brown can just be solid, it would help out both issues. Mahomes will feel less rushed to try to make magic and WRs will have more time to get open. Cause regardless of how good or bad they are, no defense can hold up holding receivers for more than a few seconds at a time.

WRs also need to get better at scramble drills. There were too many times where Mahomes would extend a play and still not have anywhere to go with the ball. Even shitty ass DeMarcus Robinson was good at getting open when Mahomes would give him extra time to get open.

It just feels like everything is rushed right now.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:11 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Remember when NE lost the SB after going 17-0? That was probably the best WR core Brady ever had in NE and yet they lost due to the constant pressure that the Giants put on Brady. He won 6 others with lesser WRs. Elite WRs are nice, but protecting the franchise QB is more important. Mahomes can win a SB with these receivers. Not so sure he can if the OLine continues to struggle, especially at LT.
While I agree. The Pats also won a lot because of top 10 defenses, and Brady being the league darling. The defense may be coming around, but Mahomes will never be the league darling as shown by the way the refs refuse to protect him like other elite quarterbacks.
[Reply]
-King- 06:18 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oooohhhh I can't wait for Skyy Moore to take a giant shit on you DJ.

Of course, you'll pretend like you were never doubting the guy like you did with Jones and Hunt.

But just like I told you back then about those guys, you'll be eating crow eventually. Just as sure about Moore as I was about those 2.

Can't fucking wait.

Just a matter of when, not if.
I don't know why you think criticism of a play or game or player/coach at a certain time extends to infinity. People are talking about what they're seeing so far. Yes things could change, but we're talking about this game and the last 3 weeks.

No one here has said Skyy will suck all season, just questioning why as of right now, he's getting virtually no reps and as of now is a net negative to the team. I thought he would be slow rolled but still with the quality of receivers we have right now, get decent looks week to week. That hasn't happened. Our WRs aren't good and one is even injured and ineffective and Skyy still can't get reps. Either the coaches are slow rolling him to the point it's a detriment to the team or he's really not picking up the playbook at all.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:24 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't know why you think criticism of a play or game or player/coach at a certain time extends to infinity. People are talking about what they're seeing so far. Yes things could change, but we're talking about this game and the last 3 weeks.

No one here has said Skyy will suck all season, just questioning why as of right now, he's getting virtually no reps and as of now is a net negative to the team. I thought he would be slow rolled but still with the quality of receivers we have right now, get decent looks week to week. That hasn't happened. Our WRs aren't good and one is even injured and ineffective and Skyy still can't get reps. Either the coaches are slow rolling him to the point it's a detriment to the team or he's really not picking up the playbook at all.
This ongoing debate that DJ and I are having about Moore goes back to the draft process.

As for the lack of playing time 3 weeks in, I've addressed that multiple times. If it's an ongoing issue throughout the season, then fine, but I don't suspect it will be, which is why I think a lot of the talk about his lack of snaps is a typical CP overreaction.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:24 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah it's trust issues all over the offense. He doesn't trust the line to block for long and he doesn't trust WRs to get open. If Brown can just be solid, it would help out both issues. Mahomes will feel less rushed to try to make magic and WRs will have more time to get open. Cause regardless of how good or bad they are, no defense can hold up holding receivers for more than a few seconds at a time.

WRs also need to get better at scramble drills. There were too many times where Mahomes would extend a play and still not have anywhere to go with the ball. Even shitty ass DeMarcus Robinson was good at getting open when Mahomes would give him extra time to get open.

It just feels like everything is rushed right now.
It’s much more than that. Matt Verderame did a chat today and noted that the Jags killed the Colts with screens last week. Indy couldn’t stop it and they just kept doing it.

Guess how many screens we ran? One. And it was a good gain.

Why wouldn’t we keep doing that?

Also I agree with him that this offense wants too many big plays too much instead of just taking what the defense gives them. No bigger proof of that then the 2nd play on offense where Clyde is wide open in the flat, Kelce is pointing at him to throw it that way and Patrick ignores him to look downfield for tight windows.

They are playing like Tyreek is still here and they shouldn’t be
[Reply]
-King- 07:04 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s much more than that. Matt Verderame did a chat today and noted that the Jags killed the Colts with screens last week. Indy couldn’t stop it and they just kept doing it.

Guess how many screens we ran? One. And it was a good gain.

Why wouldn’t we keep doing that?

Also I agree with him that this offense wants too many big plays too much instead of just taking what the defense gives them. No bigger proof of that then the 2nd play on offense where Clyde is wide open in the flat, Kelce is pointing at him to throw it that way and Patrick ignores him to look downfield for tight windows.

They are playing like Tyreek is still here and they shouldn’t be
It makes no sense why we don't run more screens. Haven't made sense in years and especially now. Clyde actually looks good receiving this year. We also have McKinnon whose a good receiver and has been good on screens and apparently Pacheco has good hands. Use that shit. Get your lineman out in space. Slow down the pass rush. That will open the offense up a lot.

But like what was posted about what Chris Simms said earlier, we're playing with no plan.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:06 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This ongoing debate that DJ and I are having about Moore goes back to the draft process.

As for the lack of playing time 3 weeks in, I've addressed that multiple times. If it's an ongoing issue throughout the season, then fine, but I don't suspect it will be, which is why I think a lot of the talk about his lack of snaps is a typical CP overreaction.
That may be true in this case, but are you self aware enough to admit you see everything through homer glasses?
[Reply]
tredadda 07:21 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
While I agree. The Pats also won a lot because of top 10 defenses, and Brady being the league darling. The defense may be coming around, but Mahomes will never be the league darling as shown by the way the refs refuse to protect him like other elite quarterbacks.
To a point. He wasn’t always the league darling. But you are correct about the defense. But he also had a solid line which allowed him to do more with less. Imagine what Pat could do if he had that kind of protection.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:25 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
That may be true in this case, but are you self aware enough to admit you see everything through homer glasses?
Funny how I'm not a Miami Hurricanes homer.

It's almost as if its easy to be optimistic when you have a great team, coaching staff, and front office.

Not my fault that the Chiefs often draft prospects that I like either.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:37 PM 09-26-2022
*reads thread*

I think it's time for a beer.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:13 PM 09-26-2022
I'm sitting here watching the Cowboys chuck it deep and thinking our WR's aren't any worse really than what they have (other than Lamb, of course). Their QB is Cooper fucking Rush and they're still pushing the ball downfield.

I think I'm in agreement with O.City. Mahomes is going to have to start throwing the ball better. He's going to have to trust these guys more than he does. He just doesn't have a choice at this point.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 38
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up