« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:06 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s a mix of Golden Tate and Tyler Lockett.
If he can be Golden Tate....then I'll be ecstatic.
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 05-02-2022
If he is Tyler Lockett from a numbers and player perspective, that's a great pick.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:12 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean, sure it's possible.

But it's not likely he's AB. It's ok if he's not.

I'm not setting someone's upside as a HOF'er.
It's also getting a little silly where if you so much as compare a rookie to a great player, people freak the hell out.

A player comparison isn't saying a rookie will be as good as that player. It's saying they do many of the same things and/or have similar backgrounds and measurables.

It's okay if fans see what Skyy Moore did for a MAC school and say, "Hey, Antonio Brown did a lot of the same stuff in college. And they're kind of built the same way." They're not fucking wrong.

NO HOW DARE YOU. YOU MAY NOT COMPARE SKYY MOORE TO AB. HE CAN BE SAMIE PARKER AND THAT'S FUCKING IT! THAT'S ALL YOU GET!
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:14 AM 05-02-2022
Am I allowed to compare Skyy Moore to Greg Jennings, O.City? Can I do that?
[Reply]
O.city 10:14 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's also getting a little silly where if you so much as compare a rookie to a great player, people freak the hell out.

A player comparison isn't saying a rookie will be as good as that player. It's saying they do many of the same things and/or have similar backgrounds and measurables.

It's okay if fans see what Skyy Moore did for a MAC school and say, "Hey, Antonio Brown did a lot of the same stuff in college. And they're kind of built the same way." They're not ****ing wrong.

NO HOW DARE YOU. YOU MAY NOT COMPARE SKYY MOORE TO AB. HE CAN BE SAMIE PARKER AND THAT'S ****ING IT! THAT'S ALL YOU GET!
"His ceiling is AB"

"Well that's a first ballot HOF'er, the odds are overwhelmingly against that"

SNR "REEEEEEEEEEEE"

If we wanna set unrealistic expectations, fine. Don't get mad when he doesn't hit that and people bitch about him not being that I guess.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:20 AM 05-02-2022
He didn’t say “his ceiling is AB”.

He said he “compares favorably to AB physically”.
[Reply]
wachashi 10:20 AM 05-02-2022
His floor is Albert Wilson.
His kitchen counter is Golden Tate.
His ceiling is Antonio Brown.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:24 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by wachashi:
His floor is Albert Wilson.
His kitchen counter is Golden Tate.
His ceiling is Antonio Brown.
Glad you said this. I didn't want to say Albert Wilson. The guy wasn't great with routes, football iq or hands. But there's something about skyy Moore's movements particularly after the catch that for some really weird reason reminded me of Albert Wilson. and I thought about the game where mahomes turned him into a weapon.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:34 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
"BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T TAKE THE GUY I WANTED!"
I admit that I wanted Christian Watson. I am tired of having tiny receivers. The tall receivers we have actually signed recently have been basically broke dick jags.

Sammy Watkins did make a difference to the offense, but didn't produce at a level that matched his physical skills.

Christian Watson is 6'4" and ran an official 4.36. You can't teach height.

Skyy Moore is 5'10" and ran an official 4.41 at the combine (even though initially it was a 4.37 I think)

They have nearly identical hand size, and played at roughly the same level of college football, except Watson was winning National Championships. 4 of them.

Having Championship experience is a valuable intangible for any player.

Players can improve their drop % with coaching and hard work. But players can't get taller.

So, initially I wanted Watson over Moore. But, I have come around on the fact that coming out of college, he fits the offense better.

Now, I am just hoping that Tyquan Thornton doesn't become a star.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:40 AM 05-02-2022
"His ceiling is AB"

"Well that's a first ballot HOF'er, the odds are overwhelmingly against that"

SNR "REEEEEEEEEEEE"

If we wanna set unrealistic expectations, fine. Don't get mad when he doesn't hit that and people bitch about him not being that I guess.
You're the reeeeeeeing one, dude. I already said it's unlikely he becomes as good as AB.

It's not my fault you can't read entire sentences and instead only look at a few key words and infer incorrect meaning. It's called nuance.
[Reply]
O.city 10:48 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He didn’t say “his ceiling is AB”.

He said he “compares favorably to AB physically”.
Compares physically to AB, that's his ceiling.

I would assume that to mean ceiling as a player?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:50 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I admit that I wanted Christian Watson. I am tired of having tiny receivers. The tall receivers we have actually signed recently have been basically broke dick jags.

Sammy Watkins did make a difference to the offense, but didn't produce at a level that matched his physical skills.

Skyy Moore is 5'10" and ran an official 4.41 at the combine (even though initially it was a 4.37 I think)

They have nearly identical hand size, and played at roughly the same level of college football, except Watson was winning National Championships. 4 of them.

Players can improve their drop % with coaching and hard work. But players can't get taller.

So, initially I wanted Watson over Moore. But, I have come around on the fact that coming out of college, he fits the offense better.

And yet for all of that championship experience, NDSU players don't really ever do shit in the NFL.

Like 2 seasons of Carson Wentz. Did one of those OL guys like Billy Turner make a Pro Bowl eventually? I can't even remember. I thought Kyle Emmanuel would be good, but he was kind of meh/crap. Dillon Radunz has started like one game so far.

There are a few other FCS schools with far more impressive track records of having great players in the NFL.

And again, that's not to say you should avoid NDSU just because of the school. But maybe we should just put to bed the notion that FCS championship experience makes you a better player in the pros, because actually it kinda doesn't.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:53 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

I would much rather have Skyy than Watson.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:55 AM 05-02-2022
Compares physically to AB, that's his ceiling.

I would assume that to mean ceiling as a player?
In terms of speed, height/weight, and level of college competition, he compares to Antonio Brown. That's all that's being said.

Is any of that false?

If we went a step further and started speculating how likely he is to be as successful as Antonio Brown in the NFL, I think just about everybody would agree with you and say that the odds are pretty low.

Is that called a ceiling? If so, then yes, his ceiling is Antonio Brown.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:55 AM 05-02-2022
Yea let’s talk about Watson winning championships while ignoring that Moore was the more productive player by far.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 280
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up