ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 36
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs potentially building new stadium in Kansas
Sassy Squatch 09:45 AM 03-29-2022

Chiefs prez Mark Donovan, when asked this AM about potential new stadium options, said the team has considered options in state of Kansas. They like Arrowhead and legacy of Lamar Hunt’s stadium, but have been pitched by Kansas developers on a bunch of options. Something to watch.

— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:35 AM 05-01-2022
Seems like "news" in the sense that original article took a completely innocent comment and it spread like wildfire, so now everyone is asking the Chiefs about it and they're just being honest.

The lease is up in 9 years: True!
The Royals are kind of talking about a downtown stadium almost a decade from now: True!
Teams prepare for different scenarios years in advance, but it doesn't mean any of it's guaranteed even a little bit.... also true!

Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
True or BS????

[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:55 AM 05-01-2022
I still think the sports complex is the best scenario is sports.

Tailgating. Grass roots fun. Massive space. Low crime (except when the Raiders visit)
There is nothing like it.

MPLS now has 3 stadiums downtown. Still-tailgating is limited. Crime is on the rise. No one wants to take light rail because it is a 6 billion dollar homeless shelter with crime.
[Reply]
kgrund 10:15 AM 05-01-2022
I think key point in this, by reading between the lines, is where the Chiefs feel they could maximize profits (when not playing) if they built a year round entertainment complex. The Truman Sports Complex is ideal for access (I-70 & I-435), but is that area of town the best location for chasing deep pockets? I do not believe the Chiefs think it is.
[Reply]
oldman 10:17 AM 05-01-2022
Seriously, if the Royals move downtown, the no-brainer would be to build a new stadium right where the K is today. For those that cry about no nightlife/lack of hotels/etc. at the present site, what would you purpose we do with the land from present-day Arrowhead? If I'm the Hunt family, I'm thinking "Hey, we still have WoF right up the road and boats on moats nearby. Maybe we could do something with that land other than a landfill". But that's just me, I'm not a billionaire.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:37 AM 05-01-2022
I'm not going to Kansas to watch the Chiefs.
If they move, chances are they will use it to facilitate a rebranding of the team.

It hasn't been about the game or the city or the fans for quite some time now.
[Reply]
kgrund 10:57 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
If they move, chances are they will use it to facilitate a rebranding of the team.

Why anybody cares if the stadium is in Missouri or Kansas as long as it is in the metro is beyond me.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:02 AM 05-01-2022
Besides the nostalgia factor of Arrowhead, the only thing I’m concerned with building a new stadium is losing the acoustics of Arrowhead. If you build a super stadium it’ll lose the design that helps crowd noise flourish in Arrowhead. Sure it’ll be nice, have a dome, etc but it’ll lose the soul of Arrowhead and our home field advantage will be diminished in a way that you won’t be able to get back.
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:03 AM 05-01-2022

Daggumit buddy, I don't follow you on this one!

But rest assured, Jackson County & Mo
will not push them to relocate. The legacy of Lamar Hunt & Arrowhead means too much to the Hunt family.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:09 AM 05-01-2022
The Chiefs have the city and the state by the balls with Kansas saying what they are. The Chiefs will get their new stadium and eventually have the Truman Sports Complex all to themselves because there is no way the state of Missouri lets two NFL franchises escape in the span of a decade, much less let one move next door to Kansas.
[Reply]
philfree 11:12 AM 05-01-2022
Buck up for the rolling roof and the issue will be resolved.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:21 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
Buck up for the rolling roof and the issue will be resolved.
Build a hotel there and you can host the Final Four or a SB
[Reply]
wazu 11:22 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The Chiefs have the city and the state by the balls with Kansas saying what they are. The Chiefs will get their new stadium and eventually have the Truman Sports Complex all to themselves because there is no way the state of Missouri lets two NFL franchises escape in the span of a decade, much less let one move next door to Kansas.
I think you're probably right. What makes this "move" different than a lot of others that Kansas has won, is the Chiefs do have a motivation to stay physically in Missouri if they want to market to St. Louis as the "Missouri" team. They already have loyalty of most of Kansas.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:49 AM 05-01-2022
There is absolutely no reason the chiefs need a new stadium. Arrowhead is AWESOME. :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:25 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
What have they done with the land where Metcalf South used to be? They should build it there.
I grew up in that area and I'm extremely into it haha.

good
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:59 PM 05-01-2022

...but yet the fans keep coming and the fans keep watching...
[Reply]
Page 26 of 36
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up