Page 26 of 54
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Frazod 05:23 PM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Still amazes me that's a fanmade duel. Insanely high quality.
Yeah, that's one of the coolest things ever.

I love the Cops parody as well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 PM 06-08-2022
That was fucking awesome. God the lightsabers look great on this show.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:23 PM 06-08-2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:43 PM 06-08-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:08 AM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Spoiler!
All Ben's sneaking around in this ep also reminds me how much damage and escaping the rebels have done throughout the movies just by sneaking around the various massive buildings/bases/ships/etc.

If the Empire would just put some video cameras around the place, the rebels would never have a success. Instead, let's just use a couple incompetent stormtroopers and maybe a droid to randomly roam around to watch everything.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:37 AM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
All Ben's sneaking around in this ep also reminds me how much damage and escaping the rebels have done throughout the movies just by sneaking around the various massive buildings/bases/ships/etc.

If the Empire would just put some video cameras around the place, the rebels would never have a success. Instead, let's just use a couple incompetent stormtroopers and maybe a droid to randomly roam around to watch everything.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:11 PM 06-09-2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:04 PM 06-09-2022
Cal also absolutely wrecked the Ninth Sister.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:14 PM 06-09-2022
Chad Kestis also has what's probably the coolest lightsaber design in Canon, being a mishmash of his two former masters lightsabers salvaged and pieced together into a staff blade that can separate.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:04 PM 06-09-2022
well my emotions

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:27 PM 06-09-2022
{Bangs. head. on. desk.}

Why. Why! WHY!!!!

Why does every goddamn Star Wars story insist on a redemption arc? Surely they won't give Reva one....

{sigh}

Yes they will. They gave one of the most irredeemable characters in the history of the franchise one - why wouldn't they give Reva one?

Here's the funny part, though - since Disney went ahead and decided to draw the sting and in the process turn all the attention to Reva, they've at least convinced people to overlook that one of these inquisitors has REALLY sucked.

The 5th Brother is fucking cringeworthy. He's just awful. Every time he's on the screen I just want him to shut up and go away. Part of the reason people are dumping on Reva as a character is that her foil, more than Obi Wan, is actually the 5th Brother. And you can't play off a guy doing that poor a job (though McGregor did manage to pull it off nicely in Revenge of the Sith - but who can expect that of anyone that isn't Ewan - he's awesome).

Man that character blows.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 06-09-2022
So...stupid question.

Are light sabers hot? Because on occasion you see them jam one through a steel door and they melt through it. Then you'll see Obi Wan drill some storm trooper with one and instead of slicing through him like a hot knife through butter, he just gets knocked down like he's being whacked with a tourney sword.

I'm confused...

I get it. Space wizards. Not that kind of movie, bruv. But c'mon - this seems like some internal consistency that would be awfully easy to put in place. Like when somebody's hand gets chopped off and instantly cauterizes, why does getting hit in the leg not take THAT off? Just fix the glitch here guys. And I don't truly care which direction you go - just make it some sort of bludgeoning device if production costs mandate. But don't make it a plasma cutter when you want it to be and a whiffle bat when you don't.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:35 PM 06-09-2022
At this point it's comedy having the other Inquisitor tell her how much she sucks despite the fact she's the only one that ever accomplishes, well, anything.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:38 PM 06-09-2022
I'm still mostly enjoying this. Brat Leia is becoming less annoying. I guess my expectations going in were pretty low, so I'm sure that helps.

Also, I'm much more a Star Trek fan than a Star Wars fan, and as it stands right now, Star Wars is in much better hands. The Kenobi series, despite it's warts, is massively better than Discovery or Picard, both of which I quit watching entirely. Jury's still out on SNW, but so far it's doing okay.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:41 PM 06-09-2022
Sometimes it's the equivalent of a giant glow stick used to whack people. Pretty much every video game based on Star Wars ever has this flaw.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 54
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up