ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 125
« First < 162223242526 272829303676 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
TEX 01:14 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by GROB:
All of that revolving door coukd be eliminated if you drafted a guy like Taylor or Swift. Thankfully you guys didn't but Reid realizes he wouldn't use them enough anyway even when they are gashing people. Most guys look good in shorts and shells.
Not nearly as bad as how you cheating turds draft QB's. :-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:14 PM 08-04-2022
And im still not sure about this whole "vision" problem thing.

I view "Vision" arguments much like i view "route running" arguments for WR's.

It's treated as a default answer when trying to explain why a player so physically gifted doesn't produce the way you think he should.

How come a guy that big and that fast didn't produce more? "Oh it must be because he didn't see the hole!"

How come Mecole Hardman who's so fast doesn't see the ball more? "Oh it must be because he can't run a route!"

"Oh, it must be that one thing that i can't really accurately gauge while sitting on my couch!"
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:27 PM 08-04-2022
The Chiefs have had one homerun TD from distance from an RB (Gore vs Raiders) IN THREE YEARS!!. The last one before that was Williams in the superbowl. And to me that has been an ussue because though Williams wasn't a big stat guy he had an ability to break a big run for a score and in his last season he did that three times in huge games against the Vikings, Chargers and of course the Niners. I think this is where Pacheco could change the dynamic of this offense because he's a home run waiting to happen tbh. The bottom line is he has elite traits and physical abilities. He's doing in it camp so the next progression is the preseason games. Impress in those then Ceh is gonna have a big fight on his hands imo.
[Reply]
Shoes 01:36 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
And im still not sure about this whole "vision" problem thing.

I view "Vision" arguments much like i view "route running" arguments for WR's.

It's treated as a default answer when trying to explain why a player so physically gifted doesn't produce the way you think he should.

How come a guy that big and that fast didn't produce more? "Oh it must be because he didn't see the hole!"

How come Mecole Hardman who's so fast doesn't see the ball more? "Oh it must be because he can't run a route!"

"Oh, it must be that one thing that i can't really accurately gauge while sitting on my couch!"
I would argue vision and route running are two very real and distinct skills that separate WR's and RB's.

Why does Hunter Renfrow by who all accounts looks like an average human being, with very marginal combine numbers (amongst NFL standards) go for over 100 catches and 1000 yards? It's because he is undoubtedly one of the best route runners in the NFL for slot receivers. Cooper Kupp almost set an all-time receiving yard record while not being an exceptional athlete because he is amazing at his craft (1 more game and some other factors go into that but the point remains). I think attributes that also help WR's that as you put it "can't gauge sitting on a couch" is reading a defense and understanding leverage.

Route running I think you can work on a teach and get better- hell we saw Tyreek do it in front of our eyes. In contrast I think vision is something that is extremely hard to improve on but it is what separates the Kareem Hunt's from the Knile Davis' of the world. We'll see how Pacheco ends up but I think at this moment I'll tip the hat to Veach for getting an interesting prospect with such a late pick and hope the coaching staff can get the most out of him.
[Reply]
dtrain 07:38 AM 08-05-2022
https://bleacherreport.com/post/kans...d-49d94f55117f

Great catch!

Don’t know how to embed on phone
[Reply]
Hoover 08:08 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The Chiefs have had one homerun TD from distance from an RB (Gore vs Raiders) IN THREE YEARS!!. The last one before that was Williams in the superbowl. And to me that has been an ussue because though Williams wasn't a big stat guy he had an ability to break a big run for a score and in his last season he did that three times in huge games against the Vikings, Chargers and of course the Niners. I think this is where Pacheco could change the dynamic of this offense because he's a home run waiting to happen tbh. The bottom line is he has elite traits and physical abilities. He's doing in it camp so the next progression is the preseason games. Impress in those then Ceh is gonna have a big fight on his hands imo.
Good post. Very true.

Williams would seal games with a back breaking TD run. The Chiefs would be boring clock and boom, suddenly they are up 11 instead of 4. The result was great, but we didn't have a run game that would dictate the pace of the game.

Clyde is three yards. If he breaks one its like 9 yards. If Pacheco can be a poor mans Hunt I'll all for it. Hunt could dictate the pace of the game, settle the offense down, kill teams with a screen, big run, or in short yardage. If the find that player again, look out.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:10 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Good post. Very true.

Williams would seal games with a back breaking TD run. The Chiefs would be boring clock and boom, suddenly they are up 11 instead of 4. The result was great, but we didn't have a run game that would dictate the pace of the game.

Clyde is three yards. If he breaks one its like 9 yards. If Pacheco can be a poor mans Hunt I'll all for it. Hunt could dictate the pace of the game, settle the offense down, kill teams with a screen, big run, or in short yardage. If the find that player again, look out.
I think McKinnon was brought in with the hope of being that explosive guy. Unfortunately he just didn't see the field much during the regular season and - after seeing the guy roll in the playoffs - the question really is, "Why?"
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:29 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I think McKinnon was brought in with the hope of being that explosive guy. Unfortunately he just didn't see the field much during the regular season and - after seeing the guy roll in the playoffs - the question really is, "Why?"
Just guessing at it here, but it maybe had something to do with his injury history and they were basically saving him for the playoff run
[Reply]
tredadda 09:41 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser:
Yea, sure. But can he do this? This is the Show Me State.

Man I miss Charles. One could only imagine how much he would dominate in the offense with this QB and OLine. Reid would be almost forced to run the ball more.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:12 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by CRAP:
Well dont hate me but your team thought it was important. They wasted a first wound pick on a slow small RB. They over thought the position when there was 2 OBVIOUS better RBs there.
You’re such a fucking clown. Now clown boy, turn the mirror around. I mean like the time you could have had Josh Allen, or Lamar, but you stood firm with garbage quarterbacks? Or the time you could have drafted Mahomes (lmmfaoooooooo), or Watson, but you took holding penalty machine Bowles?? Or when you could have drafted Dak, but thought Pickston was a better choice??? Or when you drafted Brokeback Assweiler, but passed on Russ, and Big Dick Nick????

And that’s without getting into every single turd your dumpster fire franchise has drafted over the last 6 years. I bet Dungver is one of the worst teams at keeping their draft picks, mostly because they suck!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:15 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Breece Hall, Buffalo wanted him badly. Jets picked him right in front of them, and you could tell Breece wasn’t happy about it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:15 AM 08-05-2022
Because he can't stay healthy. The Chiefs were smart with how they used him last year.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:33 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Okay, I officially retract my prior statement and am a believer. That is some pretty ridiculous company to be in athletic-wise. UbejaChieffyBugger and other Pachechoalytes - I concede to you pre-preseason.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:57 AM 08-05-2022
Okay, I officially retract my prior statement and am a believer. That is some pretty ridiculous company to be in athletic-wise. UbejaChieffyBugger and other Pachechoalytes - I concede to you pre-preseason.
Yea, there's no denying that he's in great company there.

Other than Turban, every single one of those guys are really fucking good to great.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:57 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I would argue vision and route running are two very real and distinct skills that separate WR's and RB's.

Why does Hunter Renfrow by who all accounts looks like an average human being, with very marginal combine numbers (amongst NFL standards) go for over 100 catches and 1000 yards? It's because he is undoubtedly one of the best route runners in the NFL for slot receivers. Cooper Kupp almost set an all-time receiving yard record while not being an exceptional athlete because he is amazing at his craft (1 more game and some other factors go into that but the point remains). I think attributes that also help WR's that as you put it "can't gauge sitting on a couch" is reading a defense and understanding leverage.

Route running I think you can work on a teach and get better- hell we saw Tyreek do it in front of our eyes. In contrast I think vision is something that is extremely hard to improve on but it is what separates the Kareem Hunt's from the Knile Davis' of the world. We'll see how Pacheco ends up but I think at this moment I'll tip the hat to Veach for getting an interesting prospect with such a late pick and hope the coaching staff can get the most out of him.
The analytics people on Twitter don't believe in anything but athletic traits but we see them constantly fail when looking at prospects.

Route running is a real skill because you can have all the speed and size in the world, if you can't play football so what.

Look at what Green Bay is going through right now Christian Watson. Their 7th round pick has looked better in earlier mini-camps. That was predicted by anyone that watched how raw Watson was at football.

Meanwhile, I am happy we got a better player than Watson in Sky who has athleticism but can also play football.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 125
« First < 162223242526 272829303676 > Last »
Up