ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 32
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>TheDraftNetwork.com's mock draft machine is pretty great.
staylor26 06:05 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
And if we landed such a center and had Osemele or another guard also play well...

Teams would be dead.
You actually bring up a great point that proves this to be true.

We all saw the impact that Osemele had. Now imagine adding a guy like that in their prime.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:14 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
For the Chiefs with Mahomes, Tyreek, Kelce, and CEH?

Yes.

That kind of presence up front would make a huge difference. We are very soft and finesse up front, even when everybody is healthy.
Using a first round pick on an interior linemen would be foolish. Sorry.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:13 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Using a first round pick on an interior linemen would be foolish. Sorry.
That’s another conversation, because he has serious injury concerns, so I wouldn’t draft him either.

But this “using a 1st round pick on __ would be dumb” sounds a lot like the argument against a RB last year.

When I’m picking at 31, I don’t care about position value like I would picking in the top 5 to top 20. When you’re picking at the bottom of the round, you don’t pass up overall value because of positional value.

Once you get to the end of the 1st round, you’re essentially picking 2nd round talent. Typically, there aren’t 32 1st round players in a draft.

If a top 15 talent falls to 31, I don’t care if he’s a C. That’s value and BPA.

Are you saying you wouldn’t take a Quenton Nelson type of player at 31 because of positional value? Now that’s foolish.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:06 AM 03-10-2021
Got a little lazy at the end, but I’d love to see us get all three of these WR’s...

Joseph Ossai
EDGE Texas
KC

Brevin Jordan
TE Miami (FL)
KC

Quinn Meinerz
OC Wisconsin-Whitewater
KC

Shaun Wade
S Ohio State
KC

Charles Snowden
LB Virginia
KC

Dazz Newsome
WR North Carolina
trade icon
KC

Tamorrion Terry
WR Florida State
KC

Simi Fehoko
WR Stanford
[Reply]
kccrow 07:14 AM 03-10-2021
Today's run...

KC

Trevon Moehrig
S TCU
KC

Tylan Wallace
WR Oklahoma State
KC

Joe Tryon
EDGE Washington
KC

Paulson Adebo
CB Stanford
KC

Kendrick Green
OG Illinois
KC

Tre McKitty
TE Georgia
KC

Robert Hainsey
OG Notre Dame
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:37 AM 03-10-2021
We're pretty much drafting the same players lol. I just got done with one

Creed Humphrey
IOL,

Joe Tryon
EDGE,

Spencer Brown
OT,

Tamorrion Terry
WR, - Realistically, unless he's a headcase, I think he'll be long gone before this spot...he looks too explosive to be a late round pick......I would love to trade back from #31 and steal him in the second

Shakur Brown
CB,

Bobby Brown III
IDL,

Cade Johnson
WR,

Luke Farrell
TE,
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Today's run...

KC

Trevon Moehrig
S TCU
KC

Tylan Wallace
WR Oklahoma State
KC

Joe Tryon
EDGE Washington
KC

Paulson Adebo
CB Stanford
KC

Kendrick Green
OG Illinois
KC

Tre McKitty
TE Georgia
KC

Robert Hainsey
OG Notre Dame
Nice!
[Reply]
Joshuabmayer 10:14 AM 03-11-2021
Had to do one right away because of the Fisher/Schwartz news for fun. Had to go OL first 2 not knowing what's going on in Free Agency. Added that support TE for Kelce that is sorely needed. Red Zone/Slot replacement for Sammy. Filled positions of need based off site.

Liam Eichenberg
OT, Notre Dame

Creed Humphrey
IOL, Oklahoma

Hunter Long
TE, Boston College

Jaelon Darden
WR, North Texas

Joshuah Bledsoe
S, Missouri

Bryan Mills
CB, North Carolina Central

Tedarrell Slaton
IDL, Florida
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:41 AM 03-15-2021
Several pages in this thread, so this may have already been posted, but I really like -

NFL Mock Draft Database - https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com...raft-simulator.

I think it does a fair job of rating players.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:42 AM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Several pages in this thread, so this may have already been posted, but I really like -

NFL Mock Draft Database - https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com...raft-simulator.

I think it does a fair job of rating players.
Gave this one a test ride.

31. - Terrace Marshall Jr. - WR - LSU
63. - Brevin Jordan - TE - Miami
95. - Rashard Weaver - EDGE - Pitt
137. Talanoa Hufanga - S - USC
145. Royce Newman - IOL - Mississippi
176. David Moore - IOL - Grambling
182. Thomas Graham Jr. - CB - Oregon
259. Naquan Jones - DL - Michigan State
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:55 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Gave this one a test ride.

31. - Terrace Marshall Jr. - WR - LSU
63. - Brevin Jordan - TE - Miami
95. - Rashard Weaver - EDGE - Pitt
137. Talanoa Hufanga - S - USC
145. Royce Newman - IOL - Mississippi
176. David Moore - IOL - Grambling
182. Thomas Graham Jr. - CB - Oregon
259. Naquan Jones - DL - Michigan State
I think that would be a decent draft for KC. I'm still thinking we go OT, C, and LB somewhere in this draft.

I've noticed that several of these draft sites are uncertain what KC's last draft pick will look like. I think KC and Miami switched draft picks in the sixth and seventh round in the RB DeAndre Washington trade, so KC should get Miami's 6th round pick. Maybe that trade was conditional, so we did not get the pick. If so, we should still have our 7th round pick.
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:07 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I've noticed that several of these draft sites are uncertain what KC's last draft pick will look like. I think KC and Miami switched draft picks in the sixth and seventh round in the RB DeAndre Washington trade, so KC should get Miami's 6th round pick. Maybe that trade was conditional, so we did not get the pick. If so, we should still have our 7th round pick.
The official draft picks for the Chiefs are now out and we will get Dolphins pick at 207 -

Round 1: No. 31 overall
Round 2: No. 63
Round 3: No. 94
Round 4: Nos. 136, 144
Round 5: Nos. 175, 181
Round 6: No. 207 (from Steelers through Dolphins)

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-dr...l-set-of-picks
[Reply]
kccrow 07:55 PM 03-15-2021
Dickerson is a near Quinten Nelson type of player when he's healthy. The question is, can he stay healthy. Two significant ligament injuries to the same knee is a tough pill to swallow in the 1st, no matter how badly you might like the player. I just don't know if I could pull that trigger.

I guess what you're hoping for is at least that he lasts his rookie deal but then know you're not going to likely re-sign him as he gets older and more wear takes its toll. Is it worth it? Maybe.

That said, I just as well take Creed Humphrey there because I don't feel like the drop off is significant enough to take on the injury history.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:56 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Dickerson is a near Quinten Nelson type of player when he's healthy. The question is, can he stay healthy. Two significant ligament injuries to the same knee is a tough pill to swallow in the 1st, no matter how badly you might like the player. I just don't know if I could pull that trigger.

I guess what you're hoping for is at least that he lasts his rookie deal but then know you're not going to likely re-sign him as he gets older and more wear takes its toll. Is it worth it? Maybe.

That said, I just as well take Creed Humphrey there because I don't feel like the drop off is significant enough to take on the injury history.
Exactly.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:24 PM 03-15-2021
Yeah, I think the weakest part of doing this as a fan is the medical.

We only get so much info and even NFL teams disagree on risk assessment.

See Drew Brees when he was failed by Miami in FA but passed by NO.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 32
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up