ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 22
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
BEAVER 12:01 PM 03-24-2023
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:02 PM 03-24-2023
What kind of beta actually gives a shit about this?
[Reply]
Katipan 12:02 PM 03-24-2023
No one owns a cat, Beta.
[Reply]
TLO 12:03 PM 03-24-2023
Sure, why not?
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:05 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
Sure, why not?
Well. I have two cats. But I’m married so this does not apply to me.
[Reply]
seclark 03-24-2023, 02:06 PM
This message has been deleted by seclark.
The Franchise 12:03 PM 03-24-2023
If you use Alpha and Beta….you aren’t an Alpha.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:22 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If you use Alpha and Beta….you aren’t an Alpha.
this x100

any guy who unironically claims hes an alpha is obviously an insecure disaster
[Reply]
BWillie 12:03 PM 03-24-2023
Very strange how old man masculinity works. That somehow a cat is gay. I think a dog is more gay. A dog will follow you everywhere you go, worship you despite you treating it like shit. A cat is independent and does not require someone to baby it or to be clingy with it.

I can go on a vacation and go cat shit in that and eat that. Ill be back in a week. Peace out. Dogs are much much more work and need constant attention.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:07 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Very strange how old man masculinity works. That somehow a cat is gay. I think a dog is more gay. A dog will follow you everywhere you go, worship you despite you treating it like shit. A cat is independent and does not require someone to baby it or to be clingy with it.

I can go on a vacation and go cat shit in that and eat that. Ill be back in a week. Peace out. Dogs are much much more work and need constant attention.
Wut
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:24 PM 03-24-2023

Dude, the very concept of a "pet" goes back thousands of years and it's completely utilitarian. Pets exist for our please, for our amusement, and for our companionship. That's the only thing that separates a pet from livestock.

I know people love their cats (love you Mr. Blowfish!) but I just can't see why somebody would want to own one over a dog. If you want somebody to ignore you, do the opposite of what you say, and only decide to give you love when THEY feel like it, go get married.

Otherwise, get a fucking dog.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:46 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I know people love their cats (love you Mr. Blowfish!) but I just can't see why somebody would want to own one over a dog. If you want somebody to ignore you, do the opposite of what you say, and only decide to give you love when THEY feel like it, go get married.
We have one that adores us, me especially, as much as any golden retriever would. Follows me around, fetches things, paces around waiting for me when I'm gone or watches from the upstairs window. Not every cat is aloof or mercurial, though I grant that is more the norm.

He sleeps on top of my gym shoes or in a pile of my gym clothes, if that isn't love...
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:58 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
We have one that adores us, me especially, as much as any golden retriever would. Follows me around, fetches things, paces around waiting for me when I'm gone or watches from the upstairs window. Not every cat is aloof or mercurial, though I grant that is more the norm.

He sleeps on top of my gym shoes or in a pile of my gym clothes, if that isn't love...
To be fair, even dogs have varying personalities. We have cats and dogs all over the place and other than sharing some general personality traits, they're all somewhat different.
[Reply]
kgrund 01:13 PM 03-24-2023

Jack Byrnes is that you?
[Reply]
Reroka 12:05 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BEAVER:
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
Only if he is gay.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 22
1 234511 > Last »
Up