ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 259 of 488
« First < 159209249255256257258259 260261262263269309359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:50 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The real issue is roster depth.

If 100% healthy, the team isn't THAT much worse than last year on defense. Especially after draft picks come in.

But there will be injuries and when they happen there's just nothing there. And frankly, last year's defense really sucked anyway so it's not like just treading water is sufficient.

The defense is in a LOT of trouble and options are dwindling fast.
As of right now they’re replacing and backfilling the defense. It had to be done and I can’t really think of anyone that I was screaming to sign that we missed out on.

Barnett is still out there. Kyzir is still out there. The CB group is a little thin but it was from the start of FA.

Now if this defense still looks like shit after the draft then we all have a reason to panic and scream at Veach. Right now….I’m still not worried. But I was also hoping for a youth movement…and I’m getting it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:50 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The real issue is roster depth.

If 100% healthy, the team isn't THAT much worse than last year on defense. Especially after draft picks come in.

But there will be injuries and when they happen there's just nothing there. And frankly, last year's defense really sucked anyway so it's not like just treading water is sufficient.

The defense is in a LOT of trouble and options are dwindling fast.
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:50 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think looking at last years building the OL, some people had expectations that just couldn't be met.

It worked out great, but other than signing Thuney, the other stuff had some luck involved.

The 2 draft picks hit better than anyone coudl have expected.

We will need that to happen on the DL this year it seems.
Yup.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:52 AM 03-23-2022
I think looking at last years building the OL, some people had expectations that just couldn't be met.

It worked out great, but other than signing Thuney, the other stuff had some luck involved.

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yup.
It was going to be damn near impossible to rebuild the entire defense in one offseason. People can scream about 2019….but Mahomes didn’t have a large cap hit back then.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:52 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
As of right now they’re replacing and backfilling the defense. It had to be done and I can’t really think of anyone that I was screaming to sign that we missed out on.

Barnett is still out there. Kyzir is still out there. The CB group is a little thin but it was from the start of FA.

Now if this defense still looks like shit after the draft then we all have a reason to panic and scream at Veach. Right now….I’m still not worried. But I was also hoping for a youth movement…and I’m getting it.
The one guy I wanted in free agency was Ward and he's now gone. They didn't want to pay him, so be it.

Other than Ward though, they've done pretty much what was needed - replace depth and get younger.

There's still a lot of offseason left. People need to relax a little. Like O said, expectations were probably a little high after what they did with the OL last season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:53 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It was going to be damn near impossible to rebuild the entire defense in one offseason. People can scream about 2019….but Mahomes didn’t have a large cap hit back then.
Yep.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:54 AM 03-23-2022
The one guy I wanted in free agency was Ward and he's now gone. They didn't want to pay him, so be it.

Other than Ward though, they've done pretty much what was needed - replace depth and get younger.

There's still a lot of offseason left. People need to relax a little. Like O said, expectations were probably a little high after what they did with the OL last season.
I definitely wanted Ward back and would have been fine with paying him what he got from the 49ers. Veach apparently will never pay a CB a huge contract. I’m hoping Sneed is the one guy who he does.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:55 AM 03-23-2022
Cowherd says KC has the #1 offensive weapons in the league now after JuJu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUwxFuostWM
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:58 AM 03-23-2022
We don't.
[Reply]
-King- 08:59 AM 03-23-2022

I think the difference was the obvious aggressiveness they had last year. We knew from Day 1 that they were going hard after Trent Williams and then later on the 1st day of FA (or the next day) they gave Thuney the biggest guard deal. So right off the bat we knew they were going hard to fix the OL. There just doesn't seem to be the same urgency when it comes to the DL. It's scary that we kind of need at least one star type year from a rookie pass rusher if we want to think about having a good year defensively.
[Reply]
O.city 09:00 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think the difference was the obvious aggressiveness they had last year. We knew from Day 1 that they were going hard after Trent Williams and then later on the 1st day of FA (or the next day) they gave Thuney the biggest guard deal. So right off the bat we knew they were going hard to fix the OL. There just doesn't seem to be the same urgency when it comes to the DL. It's scary that we kind of need at least one star type year from a rookie pass rusher if we want to think about having a good year defensively.
They signed a safety day 1. I'm not sure what else they could do financially.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:00 AM 03-23-2022
Jeremy Fowler’s ESPN+ Free Agency article mentions that he keeps hearing Gilmore and Bradberry tied to the Chiefs:

Originally Posted by :
Watch for Kansas City to potentially move on a veteran corner in the coming weeks. Two names I've heard in connection to the Chiefs when asking around: free agent Stephon Gilmore and the Giants' James Bradberry, who is a trade or release candidate in New York.

How hard Kansas City might pursue on those players is in question, but other teams believe Kansas City could be in the market for an experienced, high-pedigree corner at a reasonable price. The AFC West passing attacks are loaded, and Kansas City needs a third corner beside L'Jarius Sneed and Rashad Fenton.

As an aside, it wouldn't surprise if Kansas City brings back Ben Niemann at linebacker.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:01 AM 03-23-2022
Bradberry would be cool Gilmore is washed
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 03-23-2022

Guys, I think Brett Veach read about my ideal #Chiefs offseason. Now if he could just find another pass rusher… https://t.co/IpaHBptia6 pic.twitter.com/d4cneuq0Ae

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:03 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Veach said it himself though. They weren’t going to be players in the first week.

Last year we had a need for an offensive line and the money to spend on it. And even then…Veach rebuilt it with two draft picks, a trade, a FA and an in house player.

The defense is a little harder but I don’t think he’s done. He just didn’t see anyone in FA in that first wave that he just had to have…and we didn’t have the money anyways.
[Reply]
Page 259 of 488
« First < 159209249255256257258259 260261262263269309359 > Last »
Up