ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 259 of 352
« First < 159209249255256257258259 260261262263269309 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:50 PM 03-27-2022
Nova is another team with 0 real shot blockers. Kansas has 3 players who would’ve lead that team in blocked shots.

They already played a short bench, but now they’re down their second best player. We should have a huge advantage attacking the basket. They don’t block shots AND they really can’t afford any foul trouble.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:52 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Longino is out for the year with a knee injury. Arcidiacano is their 6th guy now, so effectively they're not going to play a bench at all if they can get away with it.
Longino was playing fairly recently though, right? Like around conference tourney time.

Obviously, they’re still really good and really well coached. They won’t be a pushover for anyone. That said, those injuries on a team with a short bench seem like a lot for any team to overcome when playing other good teams.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:57 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
One and done, instead of a best of seven like the pro's.

One key guy gets in early foul trouble.

Some random opponent has a career game from the three point line?

Self has had plenty of stronger teams not make the final four.
Accurate.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:59 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Not a crap shoot. 32 of the 36 champs have been a 3 seed or higher.

Some luck is involved, but that’s true with any sport.

If it was a crapshoot, we wouldn’t see this many 1 seeds win it all:

https://bracketresearch.com/the-dna-...ent-champions/
When the best team in the tournament routinely has at best a 15-20% chance to win it all. It's a crapshoot. It's like a poker tournament. Usually a good player wins, doesn't mean they were the best, though. Over the course of time and thousands of tournaments, the good player wins the most. In a small sample though, it's not as statistically significant.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:02 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Longino is out for the year with a knee injury. Arcidiacano is their 6th guy now, so effectively they're not going to play a bench at all if they can get away with it.
Bryan Antoine is the one I'd play if I were Jay Wright, not ARCIDIA-douchenou, and he's a REALLY puzzling case. Antoine is a 5-star recruit and a Top 15 recruit Nationally. He's never got really any minutes at Villanova, and he's a junior. Why he hasn't transferred is beyond me. He probably at least has the athleticism to guard.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...n-antoine-4833
[Reply]
Lzen 09:10 PM 03-27-2022
Shout out to KJ Adams for his defense at the end of the first half.

Would’ve sucked to go into half down 9. Probably still would’ve won, but that would’ve been serious momentum for Miami.
That's a good point. I wondered, too, how much that effort by kj pumped up the team as well as maybe deflated Miami just a tiny bit.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:17 PM 03-27-2022
Longino was playing fairly recently though, right? Like around conference tourney time.

Obviously, they’re still really good and really well coached. They won’t be a pushover for anyone. That said, those injuries on a team with a short bench seem like a lot for any team to overcome when playing other good teams.
He had knee surgery on Friday. Pretty recent.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:26 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That's a good point. I wondered, too, how much that effort by kj pumped up the team as well as maybe deflated Miami just a tiny bit.
Kinda reminded me of a certain recent football game where a team played really well for a half then fucked up around the goal line and ran out the clock before kicking a field goal.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:42 PM 03-27-2022
Here’s an idea of what Nova’s lineup will look like:

Starters (Points/Rebounds/Assists):

G-Collin Gillespie (15/4/3) 6’3” 195 lbs
G-Caleb Daniels (10/4/1) 6’4” 210 lbs
F-Brandon Slater (8/4/2) 6’7” 220 lbs
F-Jermaine Samuels (11/7/1) 6’7” 230 lbs
F-Eric Dixon (9/6/1) 6’8” 255 lbs

Their bench will basically be Jordan Longino, Chris Arcidiacano, and Bryan Antoine. None of them played any serious minutes this year. Nova mostly played 6 deep, so losing Justin Moore kills what little depth they had.
Maybe it’s just a result of having a short bench, but it looks like these guys are prone to foul trouble.

Lightfoot leads Kansas in personal fouls at 2.3 per game. 3 Nova players average at least that many (Slater, Samuels, and Daniels). Moore actually averaged the fewest fouls of any of their 6 man rotation. That probably also explains why he was able to lead the team in minutes played.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:54 PM 03-27-2022
This disrespect Kansas is getting right now by ESPN & Sportscenter is unbelievable.

Last night Duke led Sportscenter. Tonight it's North Carolina beating a FUCKING #15 SEED. They talked about it for 10 minutes. Had CBB analysts talk about the game. Nothing about KU at all then they went to WOMENS BBALL highlights and analysis. Then Kyrie Irvings first game back after being allowed to play unvaxxed. Then onto LeBron losing a regular season game...and then men's soccer.

Holy literal fuck.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:26 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This disrespect Kansas is getting right now by ESPN & Sportscenter is unbelievable.

Last night Duke led Sportscenter. Tonight it's North Carolina beating a FUCKING #15 SEED. They talked about it for 10 minutes. Had CBB analysts talk about the game. Nothing about KU at all then they went to WOMENS BBALL highlights and analysis. Then Kyrie Irvings first game back after being allowed to play unvaxxed. Then onto LeBron losing a regular season game...and then men's soccer.

Holy literal fuck.
Being under the radar has worked just fine for KU thus far.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:31 PM 03-27-2022
Here’s an idea of what Nova’s lineup will look like:

Starters (Points/Rebounds/Assists):

G-Collin Gillespie (15/4/3) 6’3” 195 lbs
G-Caleb Daniels (10/4/1) 6’4” 210 lbs
F-Brandon Slater (8/4/2) 6’7” 220 lbs
F-Jermaine Samuels (11/7/1) 6’7” 230 lbs
F-Eric Dixon (9/6/1) 6’8” 255 lbs

Their bench will basically be Jordan Longino, Chris Arcidiacano, and Bryan Antoine. None of them played any serious minutes this year. Nova mostly played 6 deep, so losing Justin Moore kills what little depth they had.
so we need to get their starters in foul trouble.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:57 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
so we need to get their starters in foul trouble.
Correct. I don’t think their bench is ready for this moment. Jay Wright apparently doesn’t trust them in less important games.

I wonder how the refs handle it though. The officiating has been interesting in this tournament, to say the least. Do we think they’ll actually call many fouls on a shorthanded team in a Final Four matchup?

I’m skeptical, but we have to try.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:36 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Holy literal fuck.
Turn that bullshit off.

Unless it’s live sports I’m not giving those fuckholes a second of viewership.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:03 AM 03-28-2022
This team shocks the shit out of me. All year they lose focus, so dumb shit, are limited athletically, don’t have the skills to attack teams weaknesses. All that spelled early loss for virtually everyone in this thread. And here we sit. Obviously it’s a favorable draw but we still executed.

We were the only 1 to make it out of the S16. Obviously it’s. A stretch but you could argue that KU was the best, most consistent team this year. No way I’m asserting that, but it’s one way of looking at it.

Who would have thought 2 months ago this team would win the big 12, win the big 12 tournament and make a final 4? Not this guy.

McCormack has earned a lot of respect from me. Maybe some of it is the injury is good because Self doesn’t think he needs to be the focal point anymore. But the dude is obviously laboring and is making plays. He still gets stoned inside a lot. Especially because he can’t move as well, but the dude is leaving it out there. I think it also says a lot of the quality of bigs in the Big 12. We wanted to go small because the front court couldn’t do shit. Now we’re dominating inside LOL.

Watched it from the sprayer again but I couldn’t be happier.
[Reply]
Page 259 of 352
« First < 159209249255256257258259 260261262263269309 > Last »
Up