ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 258 of 333
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268308 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:48 AM 08-08-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If you want proof of regime and approach change, Ragans is a good example.

For the Royals to acquire a pitcher and seemingly fix him by getting him to ditch a bad pitch according to pitch data (his cutter) and replace it with a SLIDER?

I mean, this is an organization that has been weirdly anti-slider in pitching development ranks, forcing guys to throw curves instead of sliders in the low minors even if they had developed a good slider already.

“Master the curveball first, then you can work on the slider” has been the org’s mantra in the past.
Yeah I remember that shit. Also how they gave guys very little choice in what they can do. It's nice to see that the slider was a suggestion from the player and not something forced on him. Those fucking idiots couldn't develop a pitcher to save their lives, so you'd think they'd change that approach.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 12:51 AM 08-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJay23:
I know it doesn't matter, but that first base umpire decided this game. What a crock of shit.
Yeah, 2nd time in 3 days that we get boned by the umps at a critical moment in the game... Blarg...
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:14 AM 08-08-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Hot take. Royals will pass the White Sox in standings by the end of the year
Fangraphs gives the Royals a better team quality rating than the White Sox in its latest power rankings. Royals' defense is superior to the White Sox, which is the difference.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/fangraph...y-31-august-6/
[Reply]
BWillie 01:02 PM 08-08-2023
Wtf did Ragans do from 2017 to 2021? Hurt entire time or what
[Reply]
Mecca 01:05 PM 08-08-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Wtf did Ragans do from 2017 to 2021? Hurt entire time or what
He's had 2 Tommy John Surgeries.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:31 PM 08-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's had 2 Tommy John Surgeries.
Lol
[Reply]
Mecca 01:34 PM 08-08-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Lol
Which is a huge reason people shouldn't get all amped up, the odds he can ever throw a lot of innings isn't high.
[Reply]
jettio 01:53 PM 08-08-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
What are the analytics of umpires not being able to make calls when home team is wearing yellow highlighter jerseys, gloves and socks?
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:20 PM 08-08-2023
Which is a huge reason people shouldn't get all amped up, the odds he can ever throw a lot of innings isn't high.
I'd be concerned if it sapped his power or something, but dude was slinging a 97 MPH fastball on his 95th pitch or something like that. Also it's been several years since he's had the surgery and hasn't had any issues since with his arm.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:21 PM 08-08-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'd be concerned if it sapped his power or something, but dude was slinging a 97 MPH fastball on his 95th pitch or something like that. Also it's been several years since he's had the surgery and hasn't had any issues since with his arm.
TJ surgery usually improves velocity, the problem is doing it twice means it could easily happen again.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:36 PM 08-08-2023
TJ surgery usually improves velocity, the problem is doing it twice means it could easily happen again.
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/t...ng-popularity/

It's helping you, because you're no longer pitching with a damaged UCL, but it doesn't increase base velocity.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:44 PM 08-08-2023
I also don't think you know the details of why he had it twice. Either the team or he probably pushed it too hard during recovery and he suffered a tear in the graft less than a year after he had it done, so it happened during rehab. The chances of him having TJ surgery again are as low as they are with anyone else. It just seems you have a narrative you want to push like usual.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:59 PM 08-08-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I also don't think you know the details of why he had it twice. Either the team or he probably pushed it too hard during recovery and he suffered a tear in the graft less than a year after he had it done, so it happened during rehab. The chances of him having TJ surgery again are as low as they are with anyone else. It just seems you have a narrative you want to push like usual.
Look a 27 year old pitcher that basically aged out of being a prospect and has had 2 TJ's is extremely risky. It's not something where you just go oh yea this guy is fine.

The Royals pitching cupboard is bare as fuck so I get it but this is the type of guy where any thing you get should be considered a bonus not expected.

Their pitching going into next year looks really really bad so hey I understand.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:04 PM 08-08-2023
Greinke to the DL. Taylor Hearn is up from Omaha
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:38 PM 08-08-2023

Bobby Baseball in gladiator mode ⚔️@Royals | #WelcomeToTheCity pic.twitter.com/1TXZPi0w4G

— MLB Network (@MLBNetwork) August 8, 2023

[Reply]
Page 258 of 333
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268308 > Last »
Up