ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 258 of 726
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268308358 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
Bambi 10:45 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by frazod:
You've never caught his "I live in New York, the rest of you suck" act? It's great. He'll really get on a roll, and then it seems like somebody whispers in his ear "Hey idiot, you're on a Chiefs board and you're from Kansas" and then he backpedals away as fast as he can.

And the Texas picture is buried in this pile of shit somewhere. He's been on a Texas kick lately - keeps mentioning them and KU together as if they're somehow on equal footing.

Apparently the Longhorns don't make a move without first seeking approval from their overlords in Lawrence. :-)
You really do put a lot of effort into reaching extremely high levels of retardation.

I suppose that deserves some recognition.
[Reply]
Bambi 10:45 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by frazod:
Yeah, somebody from Central Missouri rooting for the same teams he's rooted for all his life? Check the Cardinals thread - there are lots of us. You've tried this before and failed miserably, you ****ing imbecile. Stick to something you do well - like sucking Longhorn cock.
The Wicked 21 will never die.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Is it DONE?
I like Pat Jones a lot - but he's just a senile ol' ball coach from Stillwater.

WTF does Pat Jones know about the SEC and Mizzou.

Sorry, but I listen to the SportsAnimal all the time when I'm in Oklahoma, they have stations in Tulsa and OKC so they cover most of the state. They also don't really know anything...ever. They were parroting the hell out of KK last year during the MU to the B1G fiasco.

As near as I can tell, they have zero sources outside of OU and OSU.
[Reply]
Bambi 10:47 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
Are you talking about the picture of the basketball banners? I think that was just his attempt to show that Texas does care about basketball which was relevant to the argument at the time. I'm not sure that it proved him right, but I don't think it was to show solidarity between Texas and KU like you're implying.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I don't mind Texas making more money than Kansas. It doesn't mean I'm chugging Texas cock or anything, I'm just being a realist.
Thank you Pants.

I thought the posting of the Texas banners would reach above the level of a 9 year old, but I guess not.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:48 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Wickedson:
You really do put a lot of effort into reaching extremely high levels of retardation.

I suppose that deserves some recognition.
Well, not really, but if I did, you'd be a role model.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:48 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I like Pat Jones a lot - but he's just a senile ol' ball coach from Stillwater.

WTF does Pat Jones know about the SEC and Mizzou.

Sorry, but I listen to the SportsAnimal all the time when I'm in Oklahoma, they have stations in Tulsa and OKC so they cover most of the state. They also don't really know anything...ever. They were parroting the hell out of KK last year during the MU to the B1G fiasco.

As near as I can tell, they have zero sources outside of OU and OSU.
The CBS station in Dallas is reporting that Mizzou to the SEC is a done deal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:48 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Over/Under. How many years after joining the SEC do Mizzu fans start having buyers remorse? I say during the first year you start to hear squeeks about it and during year 2 a full blown meltdown about how "stupid the move was" and with demands to go back to the Big 12.
Fucking Boomers...

Jesus you guys suck ass.
[Reply]
Bambi 10:48 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-)

I've seen his attempt at a New Yorker attitude, at which he fails.
I've seen his one-trick pony of trying to make it seem like college hoops has anywhere near the same pull as college football.

But the Texas picture is hilarious news to me as is the UT equation. ****ing tool.
Instead of Stockholm Syndrome perhaps WickedDumb has Austin Syndrome.

I know it is your moral obligation as an MU Tiger to deplore KU but I have respect for KU and don't hold WickedDumb against them.
I'm not sure what I've done or said to wrong with you but must have been bad with your constant personal posts against me lately.
[Reply]
eazyb81 10:49 AM 10-07-2011
WhitlockJason Jason Whitlock
My sources say Ball State n negotiations 2 join the Big 12 if Mizzou leaves 4 SEC. Dave Letterman committed 2 launching Cardinal TV Network
[Reply]
Bambi 10:50 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by kchero:
Agreed, Im a Mizzou fan and I may be in the minority here, but I would rather stay in the Big XII. With that being said, I am not convinced about the stability of this conference. Therefore, even though I feel we are a much better fit in the Big XII I cannot disagree with the decision to move to the SEC.
hehe,

I like this post
[Reply]
Saul Good 10:50 AM 10-07-2011
I just think after a few mediocre football seasons where they are finishing 7th or 8th place in the conference you are going to start here rumblings among the fans. The school itself may be better off financially, but I'm predicting a major 180 turn amongst the fans that want to make the move now. I think they would rather win on Fox Sports then lose on CBS.
Kansas is the doormat of the BIG 12-2-2, but I don't hear them clamoring to get into the MIAA.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:50 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The CBS station in Dallas is reporting that Mizzou to the SEC is a done deal.
Those are probably Pat's 'SEC sources' then.

I'm not kidding, he's never said a word down there that makes me think "SEC Insider".
[Reply]
eazyb81 10:50 AM 10-07-2011
I just think after a few mediocre football seasons where they are finishing 7th or 8th place in the conference you are going to start here rumblings among the fans. The school itself may be better off financially, but I'm predicting a major 180 turn amongst the fans that want to make the move now. I think they would rather win on Fox Sports then lose on CBS.
OU's not going to end up a wallflower........unless Bevo says "bitch get back in line."
[Reply]
eazyb81 10:51 AM 10-07-2011
Do all old coaches have twitter handles now?

I wish Norm would start one.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 10:51 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Wickedson:
The only clown I know is one that claims Kansas City Chiefs and St. Louis Cardinals.

I can't think of a bigger shame.
Yup, cause claiming the teams of a state that have been there since 1963 and 1882 is shameful and bandwagonish. What did you call it earlier? Opportunistic?

For me, I ws born a fan of both those teams, although I'm not really sure what your bringing it up here has to do with the thread other than trolling. I vote for being fans of these teams as making perfect sense and is quite the opposite of shameful.
[Reply]
Page 258 of 726
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268308358 > Last »
Up