ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 256 of 488
« First < 156206246252253254255256 257258259260266306356 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
Phoneix 08:38 PM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Reed went to greenbay
Yes, I think s/he means who is replacing Reed is TBD
[Reply]
BossChief 08:43 PM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I mean I get the panic. As of right now the Chiefs probably have a bottom 5 corner and DE group.

They need to sign a couple dudes. Ingram and Gillmore would be nice
The only reason we should be looking at older vets is after the draft.

This draft is deep at WR and DE…we could really bolster both position groups and protect the teams cap position going forward extremely well by doing so.

It’s a huge reason a lot of us had pause on the CEH pick…for a RB to be a good pick in the first, he has to be demonstrably better than a guy you can get in FA. A game breaker. Otherwise he doesn’t offer value against the cap for the pick.

Taking good DEs and WRs in a deep draft and selecting multiples, that allows the team to not have to spend valuable cap space on high priced players at those positions, going forward.

When your roster is too heavy in terms of cap space used every year, using those draft picks on guys that can lock up high priced positions is vital to rounding out the roster.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:47 PM 03-22-2022
Not sure if they’ll have the money but I would bring in Derek Barnett and Kyzir White before the draft.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:50 PM 03-22-2022

KC is operating like a team that has filled out their roster already. Signing players that are camp bodied fighting for a roster spot. https://t.co/bijhRyWUDO

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 22, 2022

This idiot doesn’t realize that every team is doing this. Just because they’re signing bottom of the roster guys doesn’t mean they’re done adding starters or closer to the top of the roster guys. It doesn’t have to be done in order.

What a dumb take :-)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:10 PM 03-22-2022
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
Johnson
Walker
Karlaftis

So we’ll likely have a shot at Mafe, Ebiketie or injured Ojabo. Yeah I’d say that’s a pretty damn deep class as Veach mentioned.

Would not be upset with any of those guys in the first rd (as long as Okabo is cleared medically)
Plenty of pass rushers in this draft, do we trade back? ESPN has ATL offering MIA a 2nd (#43), 3rd, and 5th for the spot just ahead of us so they can nab their QB on a 5 yr contract.

Ojabo
Mafe
Leal
Hall
Thomas
Ebiketie
Enagbare
Williams
Bonito
Jackson
Pascal
Malone
Thomas
Barno
Uwazurike
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:11 PM 03-22-2022
Worst off season ever.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:12 PM 03-22-2022
KC is operating like a very well ran team should. Spending money in FA only works if you spend wisely. Signing younger players with relatable skills to your system to reasonable deals that include the players prime athletic years is what Veach seems to do quite well.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:14 PM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
KC is operating like a very well ran team should. Spending money in FA only works if you spend wisely. Signing younger players with relatable skills to your system to reasonable deals that include the players prime athletic years is what Veach seems to do quite well.
But he didn’t do what Lane wanted/expected!

I also love how just assumes that the Chiefs are going to stay at 30 and take whatever EDGE falls to them.

Does he not understand that a trade up is possible? Does he know anything about Veach?

If they really do stay at 30 and take an EDGE, that just means Veach got his guy.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:19 PM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I also love how just assumes that the Chiefs are going to stay at 30 and take whatever EDGE falls to them.

Does he not understand that a trade up is possible? Does he know anything about Veach?

If they really do stay at 30 and take an EDGE, that just means Veach got his guy.
We are going to trade back to 35-38 and take a pass rusher while adding a 4th and 5th. No reason to trade up. Lots of value trading down.

Just look at most mock drafts 4th and 5th rounds and I think we can get a high quality pass rusher in that 35-38 range.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:23 PM 03-22-2022
We are going to trade back to 35-38 and take a pass rusher while adding a 4th and 5th.
That’s certainly a possibility, even if I disagree, but the point is that Veach isn’t just going to throw his hands in the air and take whatever EDGE falls into his lap.

He’s selective and will make sure he get’s his guy one way or the other.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:30 PM 03-22-2022
The only reason we should be looking at older vets is after the draft.

This draft is deep at WR and DE…we could really bolster both position groups and protect the teams cap position going forward extremely well by doing so.

It’s a huge reason a lot of us had pause on the CEH pick…for a RB to be a good pick in the first, he has to be demonstrably better than a guy you can get in FA. A game breaker. Otherwise he doesn’t offer value against the cap for the pick.

Taking good DEs and WRs in a deep draft and selecting multiples, that allows the team to not have to spend valuable cap space on high priced players at those positions, going forward.

When your roster is too heavy in terms of cap space used every year, using those draft picks on guys that can lock up high priced positions is vital to rounding out the roster.
You can’t rely on the draft to bring excellent results like last year. Nobody gets multiple studs who are top 10 in their position immediately like Creed and Trey.

I think they need to bring back Ingram, sign a corner like Gilmore and get a pass rusher and DB early in the draft to rotate in and play a lot.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:30 PM 03-22-2022
That’s certainly a possibility, even if I disagree, but the point is that Veach isn’t just going to throw his hands in the air and take whatever EDGE falls into his lap.

He’s selective and will make sure he get’s his guy one way or the other.
Likely that he takes at least 2 DL in the top 5 picks.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:34 PM 03-22-2022
You can’t rely on the draft to bring excellent results like last year. Nobody gets multiple studs who are top 10 in their position immediately like Creed and Trey.

I think they need to bring back Ingram, sign a corner like Gilmore and get a pass rusher and DB early in the draft to rotate in and play a lot.
The reason guys like that are still on the market is because they are overpriced and don’t offer the benefits of a rookie. This team needs an infusion of a bunch of hungry rookies that want to be champions.

If we miss on guys in the draft, then you go fill out the open spots with guys like that.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:51 PM 03-22-2022

Maybe a trade-up for Johnson?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:58 PM 03-22-2022
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...p-free-agency/

NFL Analyst: Chiefs Playoff Concerns Stem From Huge Departure, Rival QBs

Originally Posted by :
The AFC West is shaping up to be the most challenging division in football in 2022.

After the recent blockbuster trades involving Russell Wilson (to Denver), Davante Adams (to Las Vegas) and Khalil Mack (to LAC), there’s no question that the Kansas City Chiefs have a tougher road than usual on paper.

That was the general thought process behind an ESPN segment where analyst Marcus Spears joined “Get Up” to discuss the topic.

Spears Sounds off: ‘This Has Gotten Way Harder’ for KC

The talking point was whether or not the AFC West has “caught up to the Chiefs?”

Spears began by replying, “on paper, for sure.” He went on to explain that in the past, the quarterback play widened the gap between KC and the competition, but that may not be the case anymore. He stated:

Nobody ever had a quarterback to compete with [Patrick] Mahomes and we all gave the creedance to that. [The] Kansas City Chiefs weren’t world-beaters on defense last year. So there’s going to be something that separates these teams this year in the division. I know Tyrann Mathieu is exiting from Kansas City and everybody around the league can think that’s small — I don’t. I don’t believe that’s small at all. When you look at these defensive lines, as they’re currently constructed. You look at what the Chargers have with [Joey] Bosa and Khalil Mack, you look at what the Raiders have with Maxx Crosby and now bringing in Chandler Jones, and then [Bradley] Chubb and Randy Gregory in Denver. This has gotten way harder for the Kansas City Chiefs to just walk through this division, and might I add, last year when we watched this team in the playoffs — and I think the Chiefs are going to be a top team before I make this statement and everybody [goes] crazy — but I did see them in the second half against the [Cincinnati] Bengals, not be able to put any points on the board. So I’m not just going to throw it out there because Mahomes and Andy Reid been doing what they’ve been doing. I believe they will continue to have a high-powered prolific offense, but you’ve gotta bring more to the table in the AFC West now than the Chiefs previously had to.

Has the West Finally Done Enough?

Obviously, Spears has a point. This division will be a gauntlet in 2022 but did the competition do enough to surpass the Chiefs? — Who also added talent in JuJu Smith-Schuster and Justin Reid among others.

One of the analyst’s two key points was that the rival quarterbacks are finally on a level that is close enough to Mahomes to stay in games. We saw that jump last season with Justin Herbert, who went toe-to-toe with the Chiefs gunslinger in both outings.

Wilson may no longer be in his prime, but he still provides a similar sort of moxie for the Broncos, who some believe were a quarterback away the past couple of seasons. Is that enough to make Denver a Super Bowl contender once again?

Finally, you have the Raiders with two former New England Patriots brains now leading the charge. Josh McDaniels wasted no time bringing in a true number one weapon for Derek Carr, who has played at an MVP level at times throughout his up-and-down career.

Adams and McDaniels both add creativity and intelligence to the Vegas offense.

How Much Will Losing Mathieu Hurt KC?

The other portion of Spears’ argument was based on a massive departure — although it has not officially happened yet. The ‘Honey Badger’ is expected to move on to the next chapter of his career, which could be his final one.

General manager Brett Veach seemed committed to getting younger at the position, replacing Mathieu with the comparable skillset of Reid.

The new Chiefs safety reacted to the immediate comparisons, voicing: “A copy is never worth as much as the original. There will never, ever, ever be another Tyrann Mathieu [that] comes through Kansas City. But I can bring the best Justin Reid possible to Kansas City. I want to play to my strengths. I want to play to who I am.”

This could end up being a good swap long-term but will the loss of leadership affect the reliability of this Chiefs defense in 2022? With western free-agent signings like J.C. Jackson (Chargers), D.J. Jones (Broncos) and the aforementioned Chandler Jones (Raiders), this arms race is just getting started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 256 of 488
« First < 156206246252253254255256 257258259260266306356 > Last »
Up