ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 255 of 324
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
kcgreene 06:48 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Fishels:
We still need another WR imo. I’d say look into an undrafted WR or somehow get Mike evans.

He would be perfect for this team
I wanted DHop, but idk if I'd say we NEED another WR. It'd be nice, but I think we can absolutely do good with what we have. Skyy will hopefully take a step forward, MVS will be a consistent deep threat (who can do other things if needed), not to mention Toney's talent. A vet like DHop or Evans would have put a nice bow on things, but we still have a serviceable WR room imo.

That, and call me crazy, but I'm hopeful that Rice comes along faster than expected. I had him pretty high on my board and think highly of him, but that first year in Andy's system is a large hurdle for WRs.

Not to mention Richie James...

That being said, Evans would be a good fit on this roster, but I don't see that one happening.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:49 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I'd have liked to see him here, not so much because I think he's got multiple great seasons left in him but more because I'm apprehensive about Toney being our #1.

But with the Jones extension up in the air - and we're right to prioritize Jones over Hopkins, obviously - I'm glad we didn't overpay.

The fact that he chose the Titans - a likely 3rd or 4th place team with a poor QB situation - leaves you wondering what his level of commitment to football will be anyway.
But you don't need to be, because Toney doesn't have to be the guy. It'd be great, but it's not crucial.

One of : Toney, Moore, James, Rice need to be a plus player and we're fine. If two are, we're dominant. If three are, we might be undefeated.

I'll take a bet that Veach hits on 30% of a high level investment any time.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:56 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
A LOT of people sleeping on Skyy.

Remember this:

Juju and Hardman made alot of plays for this team. Luckily I believe Richie James is actually pretty good. Having to rely on the injury prone Toney scares the shit outta me.

[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:59 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Juju and Hardman made alot of plays for this team. Luckily I believe Richie James is actually pretty good. Having to rely on the injury prone Toney scares the shit outta me.

style="position:absolute; width:100%; height:100%;"
src="https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/cdc4ef3f-a39f-40c7-8672-6083dbd01a80/embed?autoplay=false&responsive=true"
frameborder="0"
>
Yep, we have a lot riding on Toney's ability to stay healthy. Hopefully the Chiefs training staff can work their magic with him
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:03 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
But you don't need to be, because Toney doesn't have to be the guy. It'd be great, but it's not crucial.

One of : Toney, Moore, James, Rice need to be a plus player and we're fine. If two are, we're dominant. If three are, we might be undefeated.

I'll take a bet that Veach hits on 30% of a high level investment any time.
I hope that does happen, but while Toney might have the talent he doesn't have the durability, and I don't see Moore as an every down player in the NFL. James is just a journeyman role player. Rice is a rookie who probably won't contribute a ton in year 1.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:07 AM 07-17-2023
I hope that does happen, but while Toney might have the talent he doesn't have the durability, and I don't see Moore as an every down player in the NFL. James is just a journeyman role player. Rice is a rookie who probably won't contribute a ton in year 1.
Well, your talent evaluations are very different than Veach's, Reid's, Nagy's, and Mahomes. I think I'll defer to them.
[Reply]
O.city 07:20 AM 07-17-2023
Well, your talent evaluations are very different than Veach's, Reid's, Nagy's, and Mahomes. I think I'll defer to them.
I don't know that he's far off with his evaluations, but they've gotta see what they've got with these guys they've drafted anyway so it is what it is.

It didn't make sense to pay what he wanted at this point in where they are team wise.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:25 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
I'm not even going to bother replying to a post that calls a playoff win meaningless. :-)
But.....you did.....respond. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:37 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't know that he's far off with his evaluations, but they've gotta see what they've got with these guys they've drafted anyway so it is what it is.

It didn't make sense to pay what he wanted at this point in where they are team wise.
I don't think the team feels that Moore is unlikely to be an every down receiver, or that Ritchie is a JAG. I think the team expects Moore to be a good, dependable intermediate area target and first down machine. I think they expect Ritchie to build on a breakthrough season with better QB play.

I think investing two #2picks and a #3 on a second year #1 pick indicates that they feel these kids have real talent.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:51 AM 07-17-2023

The book on Moore was that he projected strictly to a slot role, he has good ball skills but doesn't have elite speed and isn't a great route runner. He didn't seem to generate a lot of separation in the passing game when he was getting snaps last season so I thought it checked out.

Kind of the mirror image of MVS in some ways. MVS has the size and speed, but doesn't have great hands, is limited in the routes he can run well, etc

These guys are both nice complimentary pieces to a depth chart with a No 1 but that isn't us.
[Reply]
O.city 07:57 AM 07-17-2023
I don't think the team feels that Moore is unlikely to be an every down receiver, or that Ritchie is a JAG. I think the team expects Moore to be a good, dependable intermediate area target and first down machine. I think they expect Ritchie to build on a breakthrough season with better QB play.

I think investing two #2picks and a #3 on a second year #1 pick indicates that they feel these kids have real talent.
Richie James is on a 1 year cheap deal. That says about all they think about him at this point.

The picks are the ones you want to turn out with James being a contingency plan if it doesn't.
[Reply]
O.city 07:57 AM 07-17-2023
The book on Moore was that he projected strictly to a slot role, he has good ball skills but doesn't have elite speed and isn't a great route runner. He didn't seem to generate a lot of separation in the passing game when he was getting snaps last season so I thought it checked out.

Kind of the mirror image of MVS in some ways. MVS has the size and speed, but doesn't have great hands, is limited in the routes he can run well, etc

These guys are both nice complimentary pieces to a depth chart with a No 1 but that isn't us.
Toney is the #1, but with that comes some real questions about his durability. We'll see on that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:59 AM 07-17-2023

Didn’t “seem” to generate a lot of separation?

Are you high?

Moore had a lot of analysts panting about his route running coming into the draft, his separation numbers were good last year, and you can see him on tape separating from an elite DB (Derwin James) when matched up 1x1.
[Reply]
O.city 07:59 AM 07-17-2023
Everyone wants to draft and develop until they start doing it and there's some uncertainty, then they lose their minds and want to spend $ on old names.

I don't mind spending $ (obviously) but spend it on premium guys. Not over the hill guys.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:59 AM 07-17-2023
Richie James is on a 1 year cheap deal. That says about all they think about him at this point.

The picks are the ones you want to turn out with James being a contingency plan if it doesn't.
There are a lot of similarities between James' game and Skyy Moore's. Undersized, quickness rather than speed, good with the ball in his hands but won't run away from defenders.
[Reply]
Page 255 of 324
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305 > Last »
Up