ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 254 of 313
« First < 154204244250251252253254 255256257258264304 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:05 PM 08-22-2021
These Veach mid-late round picks have been incredible lately.

Saunders
Fenton
Allegretti
Sneed
Danna
Trey Smith

Really good stuff.
[Reply]
kcclone 12:18 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Saunders
Fenton
Allegretti
Sneed
Danna
Trey Smith

Really good stuff.

It looks like the thrives from 4 on.

Makes up for not being great in the earlier rounds, which has so far been just ok.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:25 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
It looks like the thrives from 4 on.

Makes up for not being great in the earlier rounds, which has so far been just ok.
Which is a fair assessment so far.

Of course, if CEH, Thornhill, or Gay turn into stars then that changes.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:25 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Because you keep stupidly comparing him to Kemp and Thompson when Fountain's resume is way higher than those two. He was a draft pick AND WAS ON AN NFL ROSTER FOR THREE YEARS AND PLAYED GAMES!!..so how the feck can you compare him to undrafted guys? It's utterly moronic.

And I don't want to hear this "if the chiefs believe" bs you're spewing now..you said you were "putting your cards on the table and he's getting cut" right?? So KEEP that energy. Imo Fountain and Fortson are making this team...FULLSTOP.
Know why I keep comparing him to Kemp and Thompson? Because that's what he fucking is. I don't know about Thompson's career and I assume he's out of the NFL. Kemp has 2 career catches to his name. The exact same number as Fountain.

Fountain was on an NFL roster for three years the exact same way Kemp was on an NFL roster for four years. On and off the practice squad, IR'd, then on and off the practice squad again. He's currently fighting the same battle he's fought for the previous three seasons of his career. And Fountain is doing the exact fucking same.

Fountain doesn't have a more extensive resume than Kemp. It's the exact same fucking resume. You can say he's a superior player and more talented, and that's fine, but stop treating him like he's above the treatment that the other roster bubble guys get just because he's a former draft pick. Antonio Callaway is also a former draft pick and look what happened to him.

And I've never once said Fortson isn't making the team. I haven't been vocal about it, but I've stated here before that I think Fortson will secure a spot.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:29 PM 08-22-2021
In fact, Daurice Fountain has only been gameday active in 6 games in his 3 year career.

Marcus Kemp has been active for 28 games in 4 years.

Get fucked with that resume crap. Kemp wins that one.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:29 PM 08-22-2021
Our secondary is pretty wild.

Sneed- 4th
Ward- stolen from DAL
Baker- Signed for peanuts
Huges- Swapped late picks and a bag of Fritos
Fenton- day three pick
Dirty Dan- Undrafted (Smart to bring him back.)
Bopete- 7th rounder

Yet this group has been stellar with only UFA Key getting picked on. Bopete isn't there either but both have flashed in practice.

Tremendous job by Veach!! He's got a hawk's eye for cheap contributors.( Sneed being the biggest steal since George Kittle.)
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:32 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Quick! I must know the camp scrapdick dude who's going to make everybody's projected 53 man roster only to end up cut before Week 1!

Random white WR dude from a couple years ago was a particularly good one! What is it this year? Undrafted guard who's going to replace Wylie? Small midget LB who makes a lot of plays against 3rd string? One of the old WR barnacles who manages to survive from year to year by attaching himself to the hull on the practice squad?

I can't wait!!!!
Way back from page 1 of this thread.

This year did not disappoint. Journeyman WR with talent who needs to make the roster over the special teams guys. An old classic, but never out of style!

Thank you Daurice Fountain for fun worthless debate we're having. God bless you!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:43 PM 08-22-2021
Know why I keep comparing him to Kemp and Thompson? Because that's what he ****ing is. I don't know about Thompson's career and I assume he's out of the NFL. Kemp has 2 career catches to his name. The exact same number as Fountain.

Fountain was on an NFL roster for three years the exact same way Kemp was on an NFL roster for four years. On and off the practice squad, IR'd, then on and off the practice squad again. He's currently fighting the same battle he's fought for the previous three seasons of his career. And Fountain is doing the exact ****ing same.

Fountain doesn't have a more extensive resume than Kemp. It's the exact same ****ing resume. You can say he's a superior player and more talented, and that's fine, but stop treating him like he's above the treatment that the other roster bubble guys get just because he's a former draft pick. Antonio Callaway is also a former draft pick and look what happened to him.

And I've never once said Fortson isn't making the team. I haven't been vocal about it, but I've stated here before that I think Fortson will secure a spot.
It's about PEDIGREE DUMMY!!..kemp was not deemed good enough to draft and Kemp was playing in Miami last year so doesn't that tell you what they feel about him? Furthermore Callaway isn't in the mix DUE TO INJURIES you idiot..so his draft status means absolutely nothing if he can't get on the field.

As for Kemp being in more game day squads than Fountain..er of course he was BECAUSE OF SPECIAL TEAMS and also Daurice was dealing with injuries..smh are you really this naive? :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:46 PM 08-22-2021
Way back from page 1 of this thread.

This year did not disappoint. Journeyman WR with talent who needs to make the roster over the special teams guys. An old classic, but never out of style!

Thank you Daurice Fountain for fun worthless debate we're having. God bless you!
"Journeyman wr" when he's only been with the Colts and WAS TAKEN by the Chiefs?? Lol another FAIL :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:47 PM 08-22-2021
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to break out the Terrance Copper avatar again. Maybe change it to Marcus Kemp just to make it relevant to the modern day Chiefs.
Please do
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:55 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Saunders
Fenton
Allegretti
Sneed
Danna
Trey Smith

Really good stuff.
I agree with your larger point but I wouldn’t include Saunders in that group. He hasn’t shown anything that would make me think he’s a good pick. He was a healthy scratch for most of the games last year and this year he is on the bubble to make the team.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:00 PM 08-22-2021
Fellas, that Bootle kid has outplayed our training camp crush Devon Key. Bootle has been playing in the box and is an absolute force blitzing the QB. With that said Key's comfort zone is also in the box. He's been playing deep.

That's something to watch this week. I wish they'd put Key in the box and so we can see if we really have something there.

I must say though. That Bootle kid is short. Inside the box is his only chance in this league. He may be a one trick pony with that excellent ability to come off the edge. I'd love to see him on our practice squad.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:00 PM 08-22-2021
Sure wish the mods would banish a "certain" poster back to the Romper Room.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:05 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
It's about PEDIGREE DUMMY!!..kemp was not deemed good enough to draft and Kemp was playing in Miami last year so doesn't that tell you what they feel about him? Furthermore Callaway isn't in the mix DUE TO INJURIES you idiot..so his draft status means absolutely nothing if he can't get on the field.

As for Kemp being in more game day squads than Fountain..er of course he was BECAUSE OF SPECIAL TEAMS and also Daurice was dealing with injuries..smh are you really this naive? :-)
Kemp dealt with a year of IR too, you moron. And he was playing in Miami last year? Yeah, because that's what sometimes happens when dudes bounce on and off the practice squad. Other teams can pick them up. In this case, he was indeed in Miami for the month of December. What about it?

If that's somehow an indictment against Kemp, what does that say about Fountain, who was a draft investment by the Colts? He's so good and so potential-laden that they cut him repeatedly and risked at any point another team picking up this high-potential athletic WR specimen! And couldn't the Colts have used a potential WR2 (like you claim he is for us) last year even if he just needed some more time? They let his tender expire in January and didn't bring him back with their batch of other practice squad players! Fountain sat there unclaimed for several months until the Chiefs took him in May.

And I know Callaway is gone due to injuries. Why wouldn't the Chiefs just let him drag along on the preseason roster and then put him on IR if he was so valuable and potential laden as a former draft pick? They've done it before to random undrafted rookies before. Why not a DRAFTED PICK OMG!!!! Could it be that if you're getting scooped up by a different team and thrown into the same pool of roster bubble acquisition players that it doesn't matter if your mother's the fucking Queen of England? Draft pick, undrafted, doesn't matter.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:08 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Sure with the mods would banish a "certain" poster back to the Romper Room.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 254 of 313
« First < 154204244250251252253254 255256257258264304 > Last »
Up